Why Gwent getting worse and worse since closed beta ?

+
Good day to all,
I'm just interesting, why Gwent today is getting absolutely uncomfortable game?

1. Mechanics of the game process, remember how it was fast earlier? when you do an action in game? take a card, draw a card, do an action of a card like an Alsur's thunder or anything else, every move was fast, but what now? it's annoyung, a couple seconds delaying after you clicked. even a couple month ago it was better, but it seems that now developers trying to make this game worse and worse. Today game mechanics is the huge problem of the game, please tell someone to head of Gwent the need to think about their employers, they hires wrong people.

2. Design, who remember the first design of game in closed beta test? why change something that does not require changes? why?

3. Premium Cards, do you remember how it was worth to have an animationed card? Yes, but today no, it's a just a simple card like others.

Gwent team, please do not ruined th game, I played in witcher 1 when some of you was teenagers in school, and today you are making a lot of mistakes doing this game, stop breaking the game.

When game was in closed beta, we have been playing in it day and night, and now it all has gone
Thanks, Fan of The witcher series.

Attachments

• maxresdefault (1).jpg
    maxresdefault (1).jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
Good day to all,
I'm just interesting, why Gwent today is getting absolutely uncomfortable game?

1. Mechanics of the game process, remember how it was fast earlier? when you do an action in game? take a card, draw a card, do an action of a card like an Alsur's thunder or anything else, every move was fast, but what now? it's annoyung, a couple seconds delaying after you clicked. even a couple month ago it was better, but it seems that now developers trying to make this game worse and worse. Today game mechanics is the huge problem of the game, please tell someone to head of Gwent the need to think about their employers, they hires wrong people.

2. Design, who remember the first design of game in closed beta test? why change something that does not require changes? why?

3. Premium Cards, do you remember how it was worth to have an animationed card? Yes, but today no, it's a just a simple card like others.

Gwent team, please do not ruined team, I played in witcher 1 when some of you was teenagers in school, and today you are making a lot of mistakesdoing this game.

Thanks, Fan of The witcher series.

Generally, memories of the game are better than the game itself.

1. Nothing has changed in those few months. Do you perhaps mean the Midwinter update?

2. Many cards in the CBT were completely broken. 6 points Roach (back when a bronze card was ~8 on average, and silvers were 12), endless activations of Ocvist's ability (netting you insane CA), Dimeritium Bomb affecting all board, weather instantly setting strength of all units on a row to 1. Oh, and absolutely bonkers ST faction ability which abused coin flip even more than Brouvers before the May balance change.

Not all changes to Gwent were good since the CBT, but in the end meta right now is much more balanced than it used to be a year ago.

3. It's been over a year since the OBT start. And since then the game received only around 150-200 cards? Coupled with premium weekends and free powder from Twitch streams, it's completely natural that many people can afford every card to be premium.

Game's been deleted from my PC now, sadly, ranked is rank. Playing against the same hands time and time and time again. Either NG reveal, NG alchemy or GS. What joy does anyone get from copying someone's deck? Makes no sense, but it's turned what wasn't a total RNG game into exactly that. You win or lose based on the order of your cards, very rarely how you play. And I've won with the same principal, so it's both sides - not just moaning because I lost a few, the whole experience has become deeply unenjoyable. Last straw was yet another mulligan fail - had no gold cards, got Renew R2, mulliganed, R3 had something else that didn't help, mulliganed and got....Renew. Meanwhile my opponent rocks up in R3 with three Golds (he'd played another R1) and a sprinkling of silvers. An equivalent example would be just selecting "play" on FIFA, then you randomly get a team and so does your opponent. When you get Barcelona and they get Burton Albion, you're gonna win.

It just strikes me that the only, utterly obvious change for this and ANY game like it is the order of cards for both you and the opponent simply must be the same. Almost like there is a Colour deal first, so it goes G, S, B, B, B, S, G, B, and so on. Then you randomly get your cards, but IN THE SAME ORDER. There's no unfairness in this model.

There's plenty of other suggestions, but it's not working in its' current format.

Game's been deleted from my PC now, sadly, ranked is rank. Playing against the same hands time and time and time again. Either NG reveal, NG alchemy or GS. What joy does anyone get from copying someone's deck?

It just strikes me that the only, utterly obvious change for this and ANY game like it is the order of cards for both you and the opponent simply must be the same. Almost like there is a Colour deal first, so it goes G, S, B, B, B, S, G, B, and so on. Then you randomly get your cards, but IN THE SAME ORDER. There's no unfairness in this model.

There's plenty of other suggestions, but it's not working in its' current format.
Totally agree with you. The game should bring joy. Now it only consumes nerves. If the developers listen to you a lot of setbacks of this game would be removed. The scheme you suggest is perfect I was always wondering why they didn't put it in the game in the first place. It would fix a lot of issues. When you play online - you want a fair play against someone, win or lose - doesn't matter. But when most match ups being concluded by a machine that brings you down (or your opponent) through mulligan mechanisms - it's are so irritated and outraged that you regret all the time you spent here and even that you started playing it at all.

And the guys who are copying the decks from the net... They look so funny when they copied someone else's deck and at the end of a game start trash-talking when they 100% sure they will win. It looks as if they are proud of themselves having no creativity and self-esteem)
Why this game has no button to give some people their 5 ore back?

For me, copying a deck is like wearing other man's trunks or something) But the game in its current stage promotes it. That's why we see less creativity and more mechanics every day. Even when I lose to someone who was doing something weird all the game but at the end, it all makes a perfect sense, and I see their's creativity - it's a pleasure anyway. And this is how I see this game should be: win or lose - but the pleasure is yours!)

The archetypes should not incorporate the whole deck making it a single system. When by looking at your hand and opponent's archetype you already know in the middle of R1 how the game will most likely conclude... Instead, it needs diversity, if there's a resilience - make resilient units in all factions, if there's a bronze spy - do it for everyone: but somehow different. Maybe this will bring back the good old days of Gwent.

Question I have is why does every opponent seem to get the deal they want/need?? Meanwhile I'm scrabbling around with pull cards I dont want and crap that does nothing?

Pathetic that you can eliminate Imlerith:Sabbath with a bronze card. Game's crap.

All these complaints regarding the games current state is petty .

For better mechanics implementation and card balances we should have the developers back and be a positive community
with constructive feed back. Oppose to "this sucks" , "I lose points when I lose, they need to fix that"

These rants aren't helping anything.. "I'm quitting games boring"... Come on..

I wouldn't be motivated to deliver a better free to play experience for a bunch of people who complain about things aimlessly with no agenda to actually improve the game.

I am a new player, I do not net deck. I dismantle GS and NG with relative ease. Be creative. If facing the same deck is the issue there is nothing for that unfortunately but I promise you it's the same with any other TCG. Opponents are always different, meaning different gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc
You are new so dont judge us, game is worse, pointspam rule. :(
Cdpr is responsible because they are lazy and dont release regular balance fixes.
You cant have more arhetypes viable if you dont do that.
Also braindead agility is limiting control decks.
Plus tons of golds and silvers are underpowered!

All these complaints regarding the games current state is petty .

For better mechanics implementation and card balances we should have the developers back and be a positive community
with constructive feed back. Oppose to "this sucks" , "I lose points when I lose, they need to fix that"

These rants aren't helping anything.. "I'm quitting games boring"... Come on..

I wouldn't be motivated to deliver a better free to play experience for a bunch of people who complain about things aimlessly with no agenda to actually improve the game.

I am a new player, I do not net deck. I dismantle GS and NG with relative ease. Be creative. If facing the same deck is the issue there is nothing for that unfortunately but I promise you it's the same with any other TCG. Opponents are always different, meaning different gameplay.

Ok, in part I agree and have said as much before; CDPR have delivered a very good experience available entirely for free and that shouldn't be overlooked. We also have to understand that Homecoming is a 'thing' and it's taking all their time. One suggestion I made was actually liked and being considered by CDPR (have a Shupe's Adventure game mode, whereby duplicate cards aren't available), so credit to the developers. Hell, these guys made The Witcher series so are immortal in my eyes.

However, the frustration is that it's tantalisingly close to something awesome, even on a par with the game from which it originated. This is being spoilt by some very silly card mechanics, a weird card swap system and the - unavoidable - netdeck copiers. The forum is here to allow people to vent their frustrations because in there are some very valid points that could lead to game improvements; who are you to judge who can speak out? The World in general stays too quiet when constructive criticism - heck, even DEstructive criticism - could and does contribute to positive change.

I didn't net deck, built my own stuff which I enjoyed playing with but when every game sees NG reveal with its 25 point leader play, Nekkers, Axemen or Greatswords (that just cannot be fun to use) it's tiresome. Simple mechanics could just temper it a bit. Maybe we all suffer because the dev team have a big new Cyberpunk title on the way, plus Homecoming, but we've gotta be able to say what we feel, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
When Closed Beta was alive, that was the game. The game that was better in a new, different way then any other CCG game, mobile or PC. Hearthstone and TES Legends were babies compared to this new card game. The game where strategies and cards you play really matters. You were losing by 12 points ahd that was great gap to fill, today, you are winning by 20-30 points, and you can still lose all points from one card. Bck then, the rank was 15 top. At Rank 6, you would get 25-30 points for a win, or lose 20-23 points for a defeat. The more wins you had in a row, the more points you got, the more defeats you had in a row, the less points you would lose. Search Youtube for Closed Beta Finale Tournament, Lifecoach vs. Noxius or MegaMogwai vs. Lifecoach. This now is just a shell of what really Gwent was. Now it's just GWENTstone - Create and Spawn Card Game. They removed triptych art cards, removed rows, made all cards the same (soldier/officer/mage, etc) for Arena, really? Different factions have the same cards with the same abilities. Sad.

new game like gwent with 3 row . should you try . game name is "RuneWards"

Last edited:
new game like gwent with 3 row . should you try . game name is "RuneWards"

It has three rows because it has ripped of Gwent with the art style of Hearthstone. RuneWards is a garbage game that should be avoided at all costs.

Three simple fixes for the three most annoying decks:

1. Change Viper Witcher to 6 power. Now it can't be revived. Fixed.
2. Change Great Swords to "resets and boosts by 2" rather than strengthened. Fixed.
3. Change Spotter and the shield to boost by the original base power, so tricks to strengthen and pick up are eliminated. Fixed.

Three simple fixes for the three most annoying decks:

1. Change Viper Witcher to 6 power. Now it can't be revived. Fixed.
2. Change Great Swords to "resets and boosts by 2" rather than strengthened. Fixed.
3. Change Spotter and the shield to boost by the original base power, so tricks to strengthen and pick up are eliminated. Fixed.

Three "simple" fixes... Hmm...? The general idea is to nerf certain decks, not immediately execute them point blank and put them in an early grave. These suggestions have been made before, but things cannot be solved that easily. There are underlying problems at the core of the game that need to be addressed first, instead of burying yet another archetype. Anyhow, the point is moot because Homecoming is underway. Hopefully that will bring about a new era of balance and enjoyment.

In short, 1. does not work because Ointments need a proper target, thus more cards need to be changed. 2. does not work because SK relies on ressing from the graveyard, making Craiteswords no longer worth investing in and also, incidentally, killing the last viable engine deck. Finally, 3. does not work either because the deck is already a predictable one-trick-pony that goes all or nothing; making it no longer worth the risk.

TL;DR: RIP!

Three "simple" fixes... Hmm...? The general idea is to nerf certain decks, not immediately execute them point blank and put them in an early grave. These suggestions have been made before, but things cannot be solved that easily. There are underlying problems at the core of the game that need to be addressed first, instead of burying yet another archetype. Anyhow, the point is moot because Homecoming is underway. Hopefully that will bring about a new era of balance and enjoyment.

In short, 1. does not work because Ointments need a proper target, thus more cards need to be changed. 2. does not work because SK relies on ressing from the graveyard, making Craiteswords no longer worth investing in and also, incidentally, killing the last viable engine deck. Finally, 3. does not work either because the deck is already a predictable one-trick-pony that goes all or nothing; making it no longer worth the risk.

TL;DR: RIP!

I actually think the core problem is simply the deal order and use of cards. For the deal, both players should get the same card order. It's utterly stupid to have one player with 3 silvers, 4 golds with the opponent having all bronze. It's mismatched, stupid and pointless. With the use of cards, for instance, if a cards purpose is to draw a special card, it seems absurd that you often have both the card (i.e. Pavko/Eithne) and the special (Pit trap/Alzurs) in your hand.

If that was equalled/fair, none of the net deckingwould matter. Why? Because if you got the same deal as your opponent you'd be able to counter, or lose based on skill, not on pure chance. If specials were more selective (i.e. nerf this stupid "17" power Viper Witcher), it would help.

I booted up tonight, lost several times with a ST-Ambush deck, then again with Im:Sabbath. They are strong enough decks lower level, but every game in the higher rankings is just the same decks time and again (Im always around lvl 19/20). So went back to my original deck, ST Shupe, and won 4 on the bounce. Seems a bit absurd that you can't get a break sometimes.

When I lost it was noticeable I had no Gold cards in the deal or post-mulligan. Ended up with Shupe AND Yaevinn, which defeats the point of the deck. I lost because of a deal. It may well be that my previous 4 oppo's lost because of THEIR deal, but if that's all the game is it might as well be one roll of a dice, highest number wins - there's no enjoyment then to be had. How it feels to me is if the deal is even, I tend to win because I'm up against a lot of copycat net-decks. Have to see what happens with homecoming, but the whole experience is just really banal now.

I actually think the core problem is simply the deal order and use of cards. For the deal, both players should get the same card order. It's utterly stupid to have one player with 3 silvers, 4 golds with the opponent having all bronze. It's mismatched, stupid and pointless.

I've already made a thread about that: Mulligan Redesign: Fixed Quality Mulligan

It does have its advantages but it also has a bad side to it.

Top Bottom