Why Gwent getting worse and worse since closed beta ?

+
Three simple fixes for the three most annoying decks:

1. Change Viper Witcher to 6 power. Now it can't be revived. Fixed.
2. Change Great Swords to "resets and boosts by 2" rather than strengthened. Fixed.
3. Change Spotter and the shield to boost by the original base power, so tricks to strengthen and pick up are eliminated. Fixed.
I would prefer -1 to viper and doomed.
GS strenghten by 1.

Three "simple" fixes... Hmm...? The general idea is to nerf certain decks, not immediately execute them point blank and put them in an early grave. These suggestions have been made before, but things cannot be solved that easily. There are underlying problems at the core of the game that need to be addressed first, instead of burying yet another archetype. Anyhow, the point is moot because Homecoming is underway. Hopefully that will bring about a new era of balance and enjoyment.

In short, 1. does not work because Ointments need a proper target, thus more cards need to be changed. 2. does not work because SK relies on ressing from the graveyard, making Craiteswords no longer worth investing in and also, incidentally, killing the last viable engine deck. Finally, 3. does not work either because the deck is already a predictable one-trick-pony that goes all or nothing; making it no longer worth the risk.

TL;DR: RIP!

son viper witchers are super unhealthy as they are.
why does a deck that requires little risk and thought get to play a 15 point bronze twice?
a bronze that can only be removed using mandrake. mind you that unless you're using ethne you can only remove one viper witcher
If they are to retain their current ability then there should be a cap at lets say 5 points of dmg instead of 10. Or if there is to be a rework perhaps
instead of dmg they boost themselves by the number of alchemy cards in the deck capped at plus 5
ointment isnt that flavorful of an ng card anyway its literally used for vipers so deuces to that card, though I'd like to see it changed to perhaps resetting a unit and boosting it by like 4 or something because allowing a deck to reuse a viper witcher from the grave is heresy especially if they got a deck with alot of cards in it and they use the tried and true round 3 calviet novice chain cuz having a 30 card round 3 play is too much
Cuz this whole viper witcher nonsense has been going on for way too long

that great sword bit's not bad I kinda dig it cuz if you lose round 1 to GS in a long round yeah you either gonna get 2-0'ed unless you got vivocaro medics and removal. Or round 3 fighting like atleast 2 big boi swords, along with other strong finishers that sk has.

I laugh at spotters cuz real talk that point vomiting stuff is really not great.
like the vhrihedd officer can only boost itself by base power so yeah I agree with that move cuz fighting spotter hand buff is funny if you got the tools to chump them out like ethne, mandrake and scorch. Yeah it is a one trick all in but if its a point vomit deck and it takes no thought to play the deck then so what? Let the ppl who wanna play lame get lamed out.

Last edited:
... instead of dmg they boost themselves by the number of alchemy cards in the deck capped at plus 5...
And how about them doing amount of damage to 5 different units in your hand, board and deck by 5? This will fix them even better.

They'll probably be absolutely changed like 90% of the game in a few months, so why bother suggest whatever? Plus if they even stay the same - you'll have only two copies of them.

But, than, according to you, Greatswords are fine.

GG

Last edited:
And how about them doing amount of damage to 5 different units in hand, board and deck by 5? This will fix them even better.

They'll probably be absolutely changed like 90% of the game in a few months, so why bother suggest whatever? Plus if they even stay the same - you'll have only two copies of them.

But, than, according to you, Greatswords are fine.

GG

Mate I meant that the gs changes suggested by divinever were fine
lemme drop this jewel on you
heres the changes suggested by divinever

2. Change Great Swords to "resets and boosts by 2" rather than strengthened. Fixed.
3. Change Spotter and the shield to boost by the original base power, so tricks to strengthen and pick up are eliminated. Fixed.

so if you wanna act salty read up what ppl quote son.

And sure homecoming is on its way but hey man this is just my 2 cents

Mate I meant that the gs changes suggested by divinever were fine
lemme drop this jewel on you
heres the changes suggested by divinever

so if you wanna act salty read up what ppl quote son.

And sure homecoming is on its way but hey man this is just my 2 cents

1) Doesn't solve the problem that the bronze value of these cards is to high. It even makes that issue slightly worse. Plus the cost of this card is still too low.

2) I don't like GS that much but changing them to only boost seems too extreme to me.

3) I agree with that suggestion. It's actually what Swim said when he started improving that handbuff deck many months ago.

Game gets super boring when everyone is running copy pasta NG meta decks....
Haven't seen anything fun or praise worthy, guess I should fall in line and follow the masses.

Game gets super boring when everyone is running copy pasta NG meta decks....
Haven't seen anything fun or praise worthy, guess I should fall in line and follow the masses.

There already are threads dealing with issues like that.
No need to make a new thread for that opinion. Threads merged.

Good day to all,
I'm just interesting, why Gwent today is getting absolutely uncomfortable game?

1. Mechanics of the game process, remember how it was fast earlier? when you do an action in game? take a card, draw a card, do an action of a card like an Alsur's thunder or anything else, every move was fast, but what now? it's annoyung, a couple seconds delaying after you clicked. even a couple month ago it was better, but it seems that now developers trying to make this game worse and worse. Today game mechanics is the huge problem of the game, please tell someone to head of Gwent the need to think about their employers, they hires wrong people.

2. Design, who remember the first design of game in closed beta test? why change something that does not require changes? why?

3. Premium Cards, do you remember how it was worth to have an animationed card? Yes, but today no, it's a just a simple card like others.

Gwent team, please do not ruined th game, I played in witcher 1 when some of you was teenagers in school, and today you are making a lot of mistakes doing this game, stop breaking the game.

When game was in closed beta, we have been playing in it day and night, and now it all has gone
Thanks, Fan of The witcher series.

I too have been playing a long time. Witcher 1 caught me with the dice game, and 2 and 3 with Gwent. Then this separate stand-alone game came along, and Hearthstone which had evolved to where your biggest competitor is the dealer, was thankfully left behind for this then joyous entertaining Beta showing awesome potential.

Alas, time has passed and tweaks followed tweaks and what was a strong strategy game, the hands one created for themselves being up to an evolving personal expertise, has truned into this...

Game example from today... understanding there are bad days and good days. Still then there days you stop and wonder... 'what's going on here?' Today I was playing, (ranked at 19, within one win of 20), and here comes the deal...

3 hands later.. Total gold cards dealt throughout ... 1,
Total silver cards dealt throughout ... 1,
All the rest... bronze.

And since I was playing Eitne with 3 Eleven Mercenary's,
2 drew you guessed it... 2 bronze
The 3rd? Nothing, since bronze cards had all run out.

Uhhhh. And who was I playing? What easy competitor faced this shining elven princess?

Why, why not Crach? A G/S Crach of course, loaded for bear, with no shortage of ships.

I of course was trounced. And then wiping my brow, thinking all was just a fluke, became part of a historic game carnage. By the time I took a break I was down 350 points. Oh, yes, bad hair day.

The odds, the odds of a deal like this have to be bordering on the same level as getting dealt a Royal Flush.

So, chuckling at your comments, I just have to say, hey look what happened to me... just Ho'o'kanaka (suck it up) this is why they make Mai Tai's eh? Sigh! Still looking at the odds.... Go figure.

IMO Gwent is geting worse and wrose becouse Devs are adding more and more RNG to it. Its like you are calculating which Shupe to play and you have to assume that in 90% cases you will get two options from Shupe better than other two double options. That's bad for this game. I understand that RNG brings more recreational players and they want to have fun rather then tryhard to get better. So my solution is to add an additional faction based solely on RNG cards, just put the whole RNG there. New RNG faction could be focused around Witches, f.e. they could prepare some very powerfull (and fun to play) spells. But chances to get them ready could be small. Longer the rounds go could incerse those chances. They could use some face down mashrooms cards, with random amount of points on the board. They could swap ingredients cards to create some micstures, and so on. The idea is to create a faction where recreational players dont need to think to much but have lets say max 40% chances to beat strong netdecks. To be able to beat pro using some funny interactions. Witches mirrors should be fun to watch and play for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently startet playing GWENT again after about a 2 years break( 1year, 3 years ? no idea). I got bored of playing the same meta decks over and over again, just missed variety.

Now I thought the game might have changed, more cards, updates and might be more interesting. At first I liked it, synergies seemed good. Some cards surprised me, but little did I know. The synergies I liked at the beginning turned out to be the top meta cards everybody is playing. Even at low ranks or casual, after 2 cards in game you know what the enemies decks looks like because 80% it's just the same meta deck you played the last couple of times.

Does it change at higher ranks ? Perhaps more expensive cards open up another game and the meta decks I play are just because they are the cheapest and most useful at lower ranks. It's not even that I mind loosing against them, it's just boring to play the same game over and over again and it looks like I'm going to quit again. GWENT just looks like it's not gonna work for me.

Oh. Interesting. I think I will just play when the update gets released, before the meta kicks in :D

Looks like quiet some changes. Well, let's see how it works out. But at least the Gwent BETA is a real BETA. Developers seem to listen to community feedback a bit and change things. GWENT nowadays is completely different from the GWENT tow years ago. Homecoming loooks like it's gonna be a whole different game again. Interesting. 5 More iterations and we might have got the game I like xD

The funny thing is that people here actually miss the entirety closed Beta. When the only 4 viable decks were ST Scorch Spam, Monsters Consume, Monsters Weather and SK Discard. It's the same people that complain that every deck is the same NOW :p Sorry but I find that utterly hilarious.

The Closed Beta was an imbalanced nightmare. If Scoia'Tael won the coinflip, (50% chance), you were SCREWED. If SK won round 1, they had at least 2 CA spies and morkvarg to set up their graveyard in round 2. SCREWED again. If Monsters weather drew Ragh Nar Roog, and managed to keep it, that's it. Screwed yet again (unless you were SK, had card advantage and your last card was an armorsmith. Quite a specific condition). The last straw was when I saw yet another Scoia scorch spam deck, that played a zillion of ambush cards that were impossible to interact with and won simply by scorching everything I placed on the board with Schirru, Aglais, Eithne, Scorch, Nature's Gift and Geralt: Igni/Villentretenmerth. I literally uninstalled the game and didn't return until August, 5 months later.

What I miss from the Closed Beta are the interesting card abilities. But literally, that's it. The Open Beta did pretty much everything better pre-Midwinter and there's a reason that period, from about May to December is considered the best Gwent has seen by most people.

I am dissatisfied with certain Homecoming changes too but get a grip, really.

Trying for hours with different decks now and facing the same and SAME BS on Ladder, Pro-Ladder and Casual. Lost 30 of the last 40 games (!!!), cause I am trying to play with something that I LIKE to play.

No, I have to play the same BS that everyone else is playing.

Game is BS right now.

Top Bottom