Why Gwent getting worse and worse since closed beta ?

+
@partci Moved your thread.

I'd recommend playing with friends. That way you can try out more crazy stuff :)

Other than that I'm pretty sure that Homecoming will change the meta a lot and after that it shouid be possible to have more success with crazier decks. At least for a while :)

... Homecoming will change the meta...
Everything I read about HC so far does not excite me a lot. I like this version of the game, although it does need balancing.

I'm not sure if I'll play after HC hits the market. I will give it a try, but from what I've seen as info so far, I don't like at least 90% of the changes mentioned.

And I HATE what the game had become right now.

I know many of you will dismiss this post as mere whining, and since you support and most likely enjoy the current state of the game, it would be understandable.

When Gwent was first released I had high hopes that it would be a smart game. A game where innovation from the players would be valued above all. Nowadays, the game is all about premade decks, as stupid as any can get, such as Alchemy Calveit: same repetitive idiocy, all over again. If a player wishes to be competitive, they need to use such stupid "meta" decks or they can abandon all hope altogether. It was really sad reading about the higher ladders of competitive play, being dominated by two decks.

Such a pity.

If the easy path works for you, fine. If repeating the same formula all over again makes you feel fulfillment as a player, you issue, not mine. I, for one, am just waiting for the game changes coming up, to see if the same boring formulas remain, or there is still hope for Gwent to rise above the rinse and repeat pile of manure.

Mods will most likely close or delete this thread. Do as you wish. I will not be reading back, just wanted to let my thoughts known. Mayhap a dev reads this, and considers what they did to a promising idea on behalf of comercial growth.

Farewell, all.

When Gwent was first released I had high hopes that it would be a smart game. A game where innovation from the players would be valued above all. Nowadays, the game is all about premade decks, as stupid as any can get, such as Alchemy Calveit: same repetitive idiocy, all over again. If a player wishes to be competitive, they need to use such stupid "meta" decks or they can abandon all hope altogether. It was really sad reading about the higher ladders of competitive play, being dominated by two decks.

Boy are you wrong.

Foltest Swarm, that Anivia used to reach GM

Hyskoa's Spy deck that he uses with multiple accounts to reach number 1 on the ladder

And if those are fringe cases for you, here's the personal experience of a casual player who reached GM for the first time last season (that'd be me) with none other than the classic Reveal version

OceanMud additionally makes it to GM every season, playing almost exclusively Eredin.

Counterexamples are everywhere

Just because some players get gm with tier2 decks doesnt make gwent better. I am so bored of braindead poinspam

Just because some players get gm with tier2 decks doesnt make gwent better. I am so bored of braindead poinspam

I did not say that. But that's miles away of "you can only do it with the same repetitive idiocy and no other way". It's not even the same universe.

Some time ago you said you did it with Swordmasters. If that's true, you are one more counterexample.

Also, these decks are Tier 3.

Last edited:
Well, it is good to see I am not alone. I will miss this game, not for the new, but the old. The original concept was awesome and this game stood far out over any others, was worth the many hours played, even with some of the issues, and deserved to be attached to the Witcher family as well as with all of you other players. I left Heartstone and never looked back. But now... one problem I think is over the years there seemed to evolve an exuberance in changing cards and environment with a lot of 'what if?', and the delight in new ornaments (cards), which weren't needed. Over this time, I wish that all attention was spent specifically on just fixing the deal, and card inequality play, issue by issue. After all, there have been plenty of Beta players providing the issues, with suggested corrections, with the hope of then you listening and providing a careful fix for just the issue within the same environment. Alas, not to be. Yes, I'll try Homecoming, but I do not feel any excitement versus, what I would have in looking at a brand new game, far from where Gwent originally was. Such is life eh? I hope the profits made in the next year, agree with your decisions. I also hope you keep a file of comments so if this whole thing fails, when a regroup is attempted, you then open ears to the potential left behind.

When Gwent was first released I had high hopes that it would be a smart game. A game where innovation from the players would be valued above all.

So, your complaint is about netdecking (of all things)? This is something every CCG has. In Gwent, nothing has changed in that regard (unlike everything else in Homecoming).

I did not say that. But that's miles away of "you can only do it with the same repetitive idiocy and no other way". It's not even the same universe.
Some time ago you said you did it with Swordmasters. If that's true, you are one more counterexample.
Also, these decks are Tier 3.
But that doesnt make that deck competitive, you play with a handicap :mad: and gets very annoiyng over time.
hawker+swordmaster is 23points, braindead 2 bearmasters is 24points, 2 halfelf is 24points, knight+scorpion is 27points
if i play neophye to buff swordmaster i get 13points but i lose 2point compared to alchemy because brainded viper gets full 15
PS.you cant have more arhetypes viable if cdpr doesnt release monthly small balance patch

Last edited:
Homecoming update frustration.
W3 then gwent when I started to play a better version. Now I was disappointed after the update.
I do not think you're going to make a radical change even if you're going to keep the gwenti in beta version of the gwenti after this time, but I'm not too hopeful that I want to return the cards in the beta version of the request.
Where is my Shani :cry:

This is not my final verdict but at the moment it feels like we were playing chess in beta and now we are playing checkers. It still has some depth but it is not nearly as complex as it used to be.

I think it's just a dumbed down, over-animated, considerably worse version of beta. It's lost that "I'm playing Gwent at the Tavern" aspect in favour of appealing to 15 year olds who like graphics.

Two rows is everything I feared and it is now, worse than ever, purely down to the luck of the draw. Even with the mulligan shift and tactical advantage I'm frequently losing to the ridiculous 12-16 point minimum play that is the witcher summon.

Ruehin doesn't work properly, hit and miss whether the card returns. And it's day two, already seeing Northern Realms boost abuse because there aren't enough counters for it due to the significant drop in damage cards.

Oh I agree, yes. Bad version. Graphics festival at the expense of gameplay, atmosphere and bahookies. Worse and worse.

Oh I agree, yes. Bad version. Graphics festival at the expense of gameplay, atmosphere and bahookies. Worse and worse.
Well, that seems to be the way to go for online CCGs these days... just take a look at Hearthstone 2.0... err, I mean... MTG Arena.

Good day to all,
I'm just interesting, why Gwent today is getting absolutely uncomfortable game?

1. Mechanics of the game process, remember how it was fast earlier? when you do an action in game? take a card, draw a card, do an action of a card like an Alsur's thunder or anything else, every move was fast, but what now? it's annoyung, a couple seconds delaying after you clicked. even a couple month ago it was better, but it seems that now developers trying to make this game worse and worse. Today game mechanics is the huge problem of the game, please tell someone to head of Gwent the need to think about their employers, they hires wrong people.

2. Design, who remember the first design of game in closed beta test? why change something that does not require changes? why?

3. Premium Cards, do you remember how it was worth to have an animationed card? Yes, but today no, it's a just a simple card like others.

Gwent team, please do not ruined th game, I played in witcher 1 when some of you was teenagers in school, and today you are making a lot of mistakes doing this game, stop breaking the game.

When game was in closed beta, we have been playing in it day and night, and now it all has gone
Thanks, Fan of The witcher series.

HOW TRUE IT IS : i played beta game 2h-4h hours a day, now i'm so disgusted by EVERY side of this jerk game, even when i try to open my mind ... the only flaws of beta is stil here : the card to blow/vanish the higher force.

... this game is HORRIBLE ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my god what are you doing cdprojekt with Gwent ? This card game has become so boring and it dosens't look like Gwent... So sad

I agree. This is really sad. If only this "Gwent" would have been the only version we knew - I believe the frustration comes from the contrast it has to the Gwent we loved.

Top Bottom