Why Gwent Rocks!

+
Why Gwent Rocks!

Here are a few things that makes me wanna play Gwent! Some here may think I'm pandering to CDPR, but I truly know this will be awesome! There are some minor things than can be improved (obviously), but I'm sure CDPR will fix them.

1. Awesome & addictive gameplay
I think the enhanced rules and gameplay mechanics make for an even more engaging and interesting game than the built-in one (the minigame). I think it's easy enough to get into, but very hard to master. It also seems like it's more addictive than the minigame! That's awesome!

2. More action
This version of Gwent has more action and this is very good. When I first imagined a stand-alone Gwent, I wanted more action like we have now! For instance, heroes have one or more special abilities and some cards thrive in certain weather conditions.

3. Great visuals, effects & art
I really love the new card effects (view and turn cards), the effects when you play cards and the stunning art styles! I see that CDPR hasn't lost their sense of humor either! Just look at the Roach card. I wonder if they kept "poor fucking infantry" as well?

[EDIT: All the old text quotes on cards are changed/removed according to an article by RockPaperShotgun.com. I hadn't read it when I first posted, but now that's pretty much confirmed. I know that there are other quotes/comments when you view a particular card, but not like in the minigame.]

4. Expansive Single player
I have to mention that I'm so excited for the single player aspect! I know CDPR didn't have to go this far with it, but they are going to have huge SP campaigns for each faction! I also believe it's going to be better than in HS (sorry HS fans).

There. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Agree! My first post after a year of lurking! Thanks
So looking forward to this new adaption to Gwent !

I agree with you !

Agree! My first post after a year of lurking! Thanks
So looking forward to this new adaption to Gwent !

Thanks for your comments! :)

Yeah. I'm so excited!! I think it has to do with me wanting a card game that's both fun and pretty deep. Hearthstone never did it for me, so I'm still waiting. And now I have this to look forward to! :D I also think TES: Legends looks very interesting, actually! :)

I have to admit..I got W3 release day.Loved it...played gwent..didn't care for it..so I continued on through the game..only to find out the gwent tournament was part of the main game..so it was a couple weeks going back and hunting down cards from everywhere!!
That is when the love of the game grabbed me.could kick myself now for not enjoying that part of the game..while playing through my first time
Now..it's an addiction ..and wanted to post months ago about integrating the game online...so when you went to a pub..sat at a table,you could play someone online..
But this...this is beyond my dream 8]

Yeah I'll be honest my favorite quote has to be Dandelion's " Dandelion, you're a cynic, a lecher, a whoremonger, a liar...and my best friend"

Yeah I'll be honest my favorite quote has to be Dandelion's " Dandelion, you're a cynic, a lecher, a whoremonger, a liar...and my best friend"

Oh yes! That's a really good one!! :D

One of my favorites is on the Commander's Horn: "Plus one to morale, minus three to hearing" :D :D

Top Bottom