Why hasnt ofier's distant shores been patched yet?

+
Why hasnt ofier's distant shores been patched yet?

Why? With how long it's been out its stupid. My game is sat incomplete iv done all main and side quests and all contracts and treasure hunts but that one because its stuck.id rather It be removed and just buy the diagrams but for god sake do something so I can finish the game and so all my time hasn't been wasted on something I can never complete!!!!!!

ReeceFratelli;n10851491 said:
Why? With how long it's been out its stupid. My game is sat incomplete iv done all main and side quests and all contracts and treasure hunts but that one because its stuck.id rather It be removed and just buy the diagrams but for god sake do something so I can finish the game and so all my time hasn't been wasted on something I can never complete!!!!!!

Send a report to CDPR and hopefully they will patch it on the next patch.

Bugs like this fall into one of two categories:

1.) The source of the bug could not be found. The devs have investigated certain issues for years, and despite having found several potential causes, the bug kept on resurfacing. Eventually, all avenues had been explored, and the bug would still occur. The biggest issue with this type of bug is when it cannot be 100% reliably re-created, which is the case here. It's like me saying, "There's a tiny hole on this 300 m. long aircraft carrier. We have no idea where. But wait! There's not always a leak, only sometimes. If there is a leak, and it stops, all water will immediately evaporate, erasing all evidence. Find it!"

2.) The fix would knowingly damage another part of the game. Because of the non-linear structure of some games, it's possible to have the system wind up in "catch-22" scenarios. When that occurs, the only option left is to choose which of the two variables gets precedence if the issue arises.

While I'm not sure which if the above is the root cause of the Ofier's Distant Shores bug, it will fall into one of the two. The only 100% workaround is to begin Heart of Stone as a standalone adventure from the main menu. Disappointing and frustrating not to be able to use your character, but you'll still be able to experience the content.

But we shouldn't have to start a stand alone version.it would be easier for them to just remove the quest and have you buy the diagrams Atleast then it's not stuck in my quest log.

ReeceFratelli;n10858221 said:
But we shouldn't have to start a stand alone version.it would be easier for them to just remove the quest and have you buy the diagrams Atleast then it's not stuck in my quest log.

Well, that's the major issue. Normally, the quest works just fine. I've played through HoS on two different playthroughs without issue. If the bug pops up, it's still not understood what in the gigantic pile of exponential variables is causing it. Unless the steps can be identified to make a bug occur reliably every, single time, then correcting the source of the issue becomes guesswork.

The idea of making the diagrams available some other way has been suggested numerous times before, but unfortunately, it's not possible to edit special items into the existing inventory of merchants without utterly destroying the whole system. (It's not as simple as just "add this item to this merchant".)

Myself, I believe it may be somehow related to the inventory overload issue. If item IDs become too large as the game is saved and reloaded, or if the game happens to generate an item ID that already exists in Geralt's active inventory, weirdness may ensue. It seems the more that needs to be loaded into RAM at once, the more likely it is to hit an issue. One of these "weird things" is items turning "invisible". Meaning, data references still exist, but the item itself will not be represented by an icon. It seems possible that this might be what's happening with the "missing" letters and schematics. If they were truly gone, the game would likely crash. Since the chests appear empty, it may simply be that the game hit a snag (based on the literal millions+ of possible inventory combinations a player may have at that moment). Ensuring that no background stuff (friends features, internet, etc.) is running in the background may free up enough system resources to just bull through it. (Just ensure that you reload to a point before you actually started the quest itself. Cleaning out your inventory to the stash and taking only what you need would be a good idea, too.) Might be worth a shot, although I haven't heard of this working for anyone yet. Wish I could offer something more!

SigilFey;n10861441 said:
Well, that's the major issue. Normally, the quest works just fine. I've played through HoS on two different playthroughs without issue. If the bug pops up, it's still not understood what in the gigantic pile of exponential variables is causing it. Unless the steps can be identified to make a bug occur reliably every, single time, then correcting the source of the issue becomes guesswork.

The idea of making the diagrams available some other way has been suggested numerous times before, but unfortunately, it's not possible to edit special items into the existing inventory of merchants without utterly destroying the whole system. (It's not as simple as just "add this item to this merchant".)

Myself, I believe it may be somehow related to the inventory overload issue. If item IDs become too large as the game is saved and reloaded, or if the game happens to generate an item ID that already exists in Geralt's active inventory, weirdness may ensue. It seems the more that needs to be loaded into RAM at once, the more likely it is to hit an issue. One of these "weird things" is items turning "invisible". Meaning, data references still exist, but the item itself will not be represented by an icon. It seems possible that this might be what's happening with the "missing" letters and schematics. If they were truly gone, the game would likely crash. Since the chests appear empty, it may simply be that the game hit a snag (based on the literal millions+ of possible inventory combinations a player may have at that moment). Ensuring that no background stuff (friends features, internet, etc.) is running in the background may free up enough system resources to just bull through it. (Just ensure that you reload to a point before you actually started the quest itself. Cleaning out your inventory to the stash and taking only what you need would be a good idea, too.) Might be worth a shot, although I haven't heard of this working for anyone yet. Wish I could offer something more!
Please, SigilFey, stop with all your false excuses or explanations !

It is obvious that this problem can be overturned with a side solution, if the real correction is so difficult.

Whatever it will be, it is just a question of WILL !!!

Unfortunately, CD Project Red seem to not care about the fact that some customers are stuck in the DLC and will never be able to finish this quest and by consequence, the DLC itself.

This is insane. I just want the game FIXED. I work my a $$ off for my money and I spent it on the wrong game apparently. I will never waste my money or time on anything that has to do with this company. Not to mention the fact I NEVER post on threads about games but this is just ridiculous. We bought something therefore I should get it. Its amazing to me how corporations and companies get away with halfway doing there part but I PAID in full what you asked. Its simple, I should receive what i paid for. Not get some BS Excuse. I may just be one man but consider yourself banned from my gaming experience, for no other reason than being crooks. No one even offered to fix or return my money for this incident. Say whatever you want because the truth is no one seems to give a shit but this is straight up bs. No wonder its named projekt. They can't spell or finish a f'n game so they call it a project instead. Or at least they tried to call it one.

And the sad thing is that they don't even answer to messages.. I think they are done with the updates for this game.. leaving it with 2 major bugs, Wolf Gear quest and the Ofier's distant shores.. what a shame

Seriously? I find posts about this bug from 2015, and it's still there?? Now I'm stuck on this annoying point as well. They should've removed the quest or something if they haven't been able to fix the issue in four years...

Top Bottom