Why I can't select Ray Tracing on GTX 1080 ? Nvidia enabled already in driver

+
Why I can't switch Ray tracing on GTX 1080 I know performance will be low, but since Nvidia already enabled that on GTX 1060 on wards I guess developer has to enable this :)

+++++++++++++++++++
Nvidia has released a new driver that allows ray tracing effects to be switched on in GeForce GTX 10- and 16-series graphics cards, such as the GTX 1080 and the GTX 1660.Apr 11, 2019
+++++++++++++++++++

It is a GTX, not a RTX card, simple as that. But you're not missing out on much. Raytracing is way overhyped atm.

It is a GTX, not a RTX card, simple as that. But you're not missing out on much. Raytracing is way overhyped atm.

Minus some GTX card were allowed to do it, and it's a requirement for mods to enable reflections, as the dev' decided not to let the player use any other way to have reflections in their first person game.

I'm getting avg 50-70 FPS on GTX 1080 ultra setting (1080P) at the moment.
While Nvidia Optimized setting reduce the game to medium :p.

Nvidia is really trying to down grade all it's older GPUs :p. well hope to see some Ray tracing enabled on some mods at lest

Even a 3080 struggles to go beyond 30fps in 1440p. I can't imagine what RT would do to a 1080. I'd still prefer the option to be available though if performance was the only issue. At least we could take some nice screenshots. :)

Top Bottom