Why I dislike the ending(s)...minor spoiler

+
Well the main reason is the inability to continue playing after the main story ends. Since the main story is time sensitive I couldn't get myself to do side missions without breaking immersion. I only did a few, and was fully convinced I'll be able to finish what I left on the table after the main thing is settled. I was so disappointed when the only two options at the end is to go back to the main menu, or load a save from before the point of no return. It makes zero sense to just use Night City for one short story then throw it all away.

The second reason is that all six possible endings are of the sad kind. It makes all my effort seem pointless during the game. And outright killed my determination for a second play through of the game. I don't mind bad endings, as long as there is at least one positive / uplifting ending.

Well the main reason is the inability to continue playing after the main story ends. Since the main story is time sensitive I couldn't get myself to do side missions without breaking immersion. I only did a few, and was fully convinced I'll be able to finish what I left on the table after the main thing is settled. I was so disappointed when the only two options at the end is to go back to the main menu, or load a save from before the point of no return. It makes zero sense to just use Night City for one short story then throw it all away.

The second reason is that all six possible endings are of the sad kind. It makes all my effort seem pointless during the game. And outright killed my determination for a second play through of the game. I don't mind bad endings, as long as there is at least one positive / uplifting ending.
I couldn't have said it better myself, I don't understand why it's not something like Grand theft Auto 5, you have a choice for two Sad endings but have one option for a happy ending and then after the main story ends you just continue on the game after that with the rewards of completing the game. I wish the character you play as the whole game could survive after all of this.

Ending like that could work in a movie or book, not in an RPG game. Here we are suppose to be heroes, in book or movie you are an observer - he or she is a hero. Someone else tells the story, here you and me should tell a story. As a hero, I should have some effect at the ending, here everything feels scripted, linear and cheep. There are few endings you can hit, but they all are like 10 cakes, that taste the same, and are only shapped differently.

Ending feels like cheep shot from authors. Last time I was so dissapointed with a story was Game of Thrones. Good show, with ending so dissapointing and "out of character" (literally) that I rather forget entire show.

With story beeing important to me, and RPG (ROLE PLAYING) aspect as well, an ending beeing what it is, I don't feel like playing ever again. Dissapointment and sadness. That's what CDPR has given me for christmass. Thanks.

EDIT: Spell check one.

Last edited:
This is why my interpretation of the Nomads ending is that V survives. I get not everyone has that take, but personally I feel that way and think there's enough clues to justify it.

Don't know if I'll ever be proven right or wrong with something released by CDPR... but until then, V lives on.

You guys should join us in the huge thread about the endings

Lots of us share the same sentiment
That's why the thread is 286 pages long now lol

This is why my interpretation of the Nomads ending is that V survives. I get not everyone has that take, but personally I feel that way and think there's enough clues to justify it.

Don't know if I'll ever be proven right or wrong with something released by CDPR... but until then, V lives on.
Well, Indeed I think V survives in Nomands ending if Vic states We found the cure?

Can't agree more.
ive become a legend of the afterlife and wanted to see whats the benefits of my choice and got disappointed that i can't continue playing and have to reload saved game or just back to the menu.

Hey guys, I'm just trying to get a understanding of where people stand on the game (more specifically the ending(s).) If you could answer the poll and if you got the time to answer the questions listed below (plus add what ever you feel necessary) I would appreciate it!

Cyberpunk world is tough. This is not some happy dreamland. This is grey reallity. TBH im glad that all endings are kinda sad. Mike sad that the Night City is the dark place, so no happy endings.

I think you are approaching it from standpoint of incomplete information... You have no way knowing what CDPR plans on expanding via expansions... each ending can lead to another story if they decide to do so... not a single one is definitive.. (ok except for suicide ending, and even then what if you botch the attempt and did not hit the relic? chip will revive you/johnny...)

Yeah i lost motivation to keep playing after doing the ending. I want to finish of quests i havent done yet and keep exploring. But its kind of a whats the point feeling. If i dont complete the story V dies in a few days, and if i do V dies anyway. Feelsbadman

Hopefully we get some comment on the dlcs soon and that it will allow us a chance to save V.

Yeah i lost motivation to keep playing after doing the ending. I want to finish of quests i havent done yet and keep exploring. But its kind of a whats the point feeling. If i dont complete the story V dies in a few days, and if i do V dies anyway. Feelsbadman

Hopefully we get some comment on the dlcs soon and that it will allow us a chance to save V.

but you lose perspective on things, because different endings reveal different things about what is actually at stake.. you never have a perfect picture in single one...

I think you are approaching it from standpoint of incomplete information... You have no way knowing what CDPR plans on expanding via expansions... each ending can lead to another story if they decide to do so... not a single one is definitive.. (ok except for suicide ending, and even then what if you botch the attempt and did not hit the relic? chip will revive you/johnny...)
The only thing I can judge is what they gave us. I cannot judge the game based what they might or might not add later.

And the endings are incompatible with each other, so there is no way to just pick it up in any expansion. Unless CDPR wants to do 6 independent continuations to the story. It would be laughable if they released an expansion that only those could play who did a specific ending in the base game.

I have done almost all of the side quests with the exception of the beat down or fight quests, I agree I get so emotionally involved with my V trying to find a cure or a way to have the damage done repaired and to live on. The Aldecados ending with Panam and Judy gives me hope that in a future dlc there will be a way to save V and continue to live on, this is hinted by saying they know people in Az that can help also Alt says V has 6 months or maybe more to live.

Cyberpunk world is tough. This is not some happy dreamland. This is grey reallity. TBH im glad that all endings are kinda sad. Mike sad that the Night City is the dark place, so no happy endings.
Hate to break it to you but this is not reality, this is a fictional story set in a completely fictional world.

It's an RPG, making it into a no win situation defeats the purpose of trying to "beat the game".

There are 6 SIX ways you can fail, why can't there be at least one where you win?

People got this notion in their heads that sad equals better, but it's BS, we get enough failures and sad endings in real life, I don't need more of that in my fiction.

My only hope is eventually someone will do a kobayashi maru mod..

Top Bottom