Why is everyone playing Nilfgaard in casual?

+

Qzman

Forum regular
Nilf has 48% win rate. I crush them easily. Problem for me is definitely Skellige.

I rarely play casual. I thought it was a place to test your custom decks but I saw very similar decks to ranked. So, what is the flavour of casual? Can someone tell if you play casual often?

Casual is what it is, a none competitive game mode. If you want to read a book, do some work, or other task that require your attention. Casual is the right mode for you. Build a simple deck with Usurper, so that you dont have to click that damn pass bottom, and play cards randomly.

Casual is what it is, a none competitive game mode. If you want to read a book, do some work, or other task that require your attention. Casual is the right mode for you. Build a simple deck with Usurper, so that you dont have to click that damn pass bottom, and play cards randomly.
ahahahaha, that's what I am doing in ranked. :coolstory: The games are so repetitive I am not dedicating my full attention to gwent anymore. Always doing something in parallel.

Nilf has 48% win rate. I crush them easily. Problem for me is definitely Skellige.

What's the source of your statement ? I only encounter NG and SK in casual AND in ranked games... Why play a faction who is crushed easily ?

Guest 4404014

Because they can't get the win 3 games Gaunter quest on ladder ;)

But it's true. NG got ridiculous play rates these days. That's probably ex-SK players that either got shamed or heard the voice of conscience ;)

On the margin, I played pro ladder with 2200 MMR lately. Seemed like 70% NG play rate lol.

It's definitely starting to get repetitive. I played 13 games yesterday -> 8 vs SK, 4 vs NG, 1 vs NR

I hardly ever see anything other than SK or NG these days, ranked or casual. I'm actually getting close to my "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" break point.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I think i read somewhere NG has the current highest playrate on Ranked (SK still has the highest winrate, though)

Makes sense, for the highest playrate faction be the same in both unranked and ranked. NG just has a huge fanbase (only second to the NG haters base :ohstopit:)

I think i read somewhere NG has the current highest playrate on Ranked (SK still has the highest winrate, though)

Makes sense, for the highest playrate faction be the same in both unranked and ranked. NG just has a huge fanbase (only second to the NG haters base :ohstopit:)
True.
These are the numbers, taken from a pro team's meta snapshot, to put things into perspective:
Screenshot_3.png

I only play casual to test a new deck. Once I get down the deck synergy, I go back to ranked. When the expansion first came out, I chose SK for the challenge, mastered my own warrior deck (no online help, I build my own decks) then went to ranked and saw how powerful it was. I'm bout to try a new monster deck for the next challenge.

Pretty much I use it for testing a new deck or if the deck I made that I like has no chance in hell of winning in Rank.

I agree, using "ranked" style decks in casual is weak. If I see SK in casual, unless I'm testing a counter deck for SK or somehow using a competitive deck, I forfeit.

Guest 4368268

I think it's just because with NG you usually don't get completely 'blown out' by anything else. I've encountered NG the majority of the time in unranked even when its' strongest deck was considered tier 3.
If you play a combo heavy deck or something engine related and you lose you'll generally lose by some 15+ points whereas with NG and its reactive/dry points nature you usually stand a chance and have more control over the flow of the game.

I played a few rounds with NR Royal Guards earlier and one game it's SK the next it's something with Ethereal and then it's a super heavy control deck by any given faction. Games like that are frequent and demotivating. I guess at that point lots of players just flock to NG. Gwent is very often like that now where you win or lose with a pretty big difference and you feel like you have to play something else. NG is the safest option when that happens.

Top Bottom