Why is everyone using Renew?

+
I got it for free from my kegs I got from the CB and use it since - double Borch or double Tibor and I am sure I can see the surprise on the faces beyond my monitor.

It is really useful card, but sometimes you can STUCK with it DB or Shackles on your Golds and no opponent' Golds to resurrect and you are scrwd big time.

Stop baitching about everything, the game has a more serious problem with the Weather spamming now.

1. It can disturb your opponent's strategy and with some deck its best solution.
2. Works well in every deck that dont have enough gold cards
3. Very flexible ingame pick
4. Top streamers made deck with it

it's not like renew is OP since its strength depends on other gold cards, therefore can't understand that butthurt

I was not complaining about the card! I just wanted to get some opinions on the card and whether it is better now than it was before the patch.
the card is fine imo. It's a dead card if you lost round 1 and your opponent passed early in round 2 before any good golds were played. Also, reviving stuff like saskia, vattier, saessenthisis, menno, ciri is often not worth it.

Firekangaroo;n8923940 said:
I just wanted to get some opinions on the card and whether it is better now than it was before the patch.

No, but it's way better than during closed beta and people are starting to realize that now. Such powerful neutral cards are problematic though. I face this card in more than half of my games.

clari_clarinha;n8921540 said:
I wonder if Renew was the card used to totally destroy me today.
I didn't even understand what happened.
That guy with monster deck played that gold consumer card, well, I was looking for my lock card to simply beat it with the scorch and suddenly BAM
He summoned like 10 cards of same point 3 monster and on the next turn it repeated, besides of the card he actually played.
in 3 turns the guy had 72 points.

Seriously, I don't even know what happened, I just don't want to play the game again coz this kind of cheat is stupid and it irritates me that I have to use a monster deck and a freaking stupid cheat to win rounds .

3x Arachas Behemoth
Play Unseen Elder
9 Arachas appear
Maybe that's what happened.

Likely because many people got a huge amount of scraps with the patch and renew is one of these gold cards that might be very interesting :)

I think its because of Swim's channel and a lot of people like to net deck especially in a more complex game like this.

So I gotta do that somewhere... sigh... Is renew really that good? I would still be wary of draw RNG and only use it in decks where it is exceptional.

Meanwhile, while I am at it maybe you can help me with my problem! I literally cannot click cards in the collection. Seriously, cannot left click them at all so I cannot craft or turn anything into scraps... resetting game does not fix this.

Alright, please let me know if anyone knows anything. I will go spam my remaining 4 "compulsory" posts elsewhere... thanks.

I have Renew since the start of Open Beta, and I use it in almost every deck. It has a learning curve, but overall is a great card, fantastic in T2 and especially T3. Even the basic stuff like stealing my opponent's 13 STR Geralt, making it 16 due to Brave and thus winning last round is great, and that's just one example.

Flintberg;n8925240 said:
I have Renew since the start of Open Beta, and I use it in almost every deck. It has a learning curve, but overall is a great card, fantastic in T2 and especially T3. Even the basic stuff like stealing my opponent's 13 STR Geralt, making it 16 due to Brave and thus winning last round is great, and that's just one example.

Noone uses Geralt. He's pretty bad for a gold

4RM3D;n8921380 said:
Nobody has mentioned the fact that when you are on a budget, crafting neutral cards which work in almost every deck is always a good starting point; cards like Renew.

You should use renew every time, seriously if you could put 2 copies of your most powerful gold in the deck, you wouldn't?

Iuliandrei;n8926710 said:
You should use renew every time, seriously if you could put 2 copies of your most powerful gold in the deck, you wouldn't?

The thing is, Renew is a dead card in round 1. always. You have to mulligan it or wait for round 2. Also you can never play a gold twice a turn, it's different from having a second copy.

It's just a very powerful and versatile gold.
Before patch, everyone and their mom was running Ciri and I was like "Nope, renew is leagues better"... It's even more true now. So instead of running Ciri as their generic gold (or RNR or drought) people are now running Renew.

Firekangaroo;n8926770 said:
The thing is, Renew is a dead card in round 1. always. You have to mulligan it or wait for round 2. Also you can never play a gold twice a turn, it's different from having a second copy.

You do not have to mulligan it on round 1 all the time. It really depends on your hand. I play SK and if I have renew and Hjalmar in my hand round 1, I obviously do not mulligan renew.
If it is your only gold round 1, you can still keep it and plan on playing a long round 1 to bait a gold out of your opponent... But that's a very risky strategy (you may not draw a gold for round 2 and your opponent may manage to finish round 1 without playing a gold).

Last edited:
Jotun35;n8926960 said:
It's just a very powerful and versatile gold.
Before patch, everyone and their mom was running Ciri and I was like "Nope, renew is leagues better"... It's even more true now. So instead of running Ciri as their generic gold (or RNR or drought) people are now running Renew.

You do not have to mulligan it on round 1 all the time. It really depends on your hand. I play SK and if I have renew and Hjalmar in my hand round 1, I obviously do not mulligan renew.
If it is your only gold round 1, you can still keep it and plan on playing a long round 1 to bait a gold out of your opponent... But that's a very risky strategy (you may not draw a gold for round 2 and your opponent may manage to finish round 1 without playing a gold).

I said mulligan OR wait for round 2. You can't use it in round 1 tho.

Renew is the best card to use with Yeneffer and Gaunter O Dimm and allows graveyard stealing of enemy gold cards.

I love to sign 2 devil contracts with Gaunter.

Top Bottom