Why is everyone using Renew?

+
Why is everyone using Renew?

Since the patch hit, everyone and their grandma is using renew, more than 50% of my opponents played it today. Before the patch, I used renew in all my decks because I didn't have better Golds, and rarely anyone used it against me. But with all the scraps I got from milling nerfed cards, I only have it left in 2 decks because I have the Golds I need..
I'm not used to getting my Bonhard stolen from my Graveyard :(
Anyway, just curious as to why its usage has risen so much(at least at my rank, currently 11, now with some better cards I can finally get higher).

Probably because it can screw over certain combos in a major way, replay one of your own powerful golds and/or your faction lacks four decent golds.

I know why it's a good card, but i wonder why so many people included it in their decks after this patch, but not before.

Sometimes it takes time for things to catch on. Adding the ability to play golds from your opponents gy was a huge buff to the cards consistency when ob hit and its just filtering down now.

I get a bit annoyed when Cerys gets taken, purely because the premium artwork along with her voice lines is so cool that I want it on my side of the board not the opponent's! :mad:

I noticed this aswell, personally i think this card should be removed from the game.
The use of Renew now is like a tool to measure the disparity of power between gold cards. In a balanced game you shouldn't NEED to run renew, there are many gold cards in the game and you can only use 4 which means there should be a high competition for those spots.
Also we can only add 1 copy of a gold card for a reason, these are powerful cards, in some cases forcing the opponent to pass when played, so you shouldn't have more than 1 copy.

Nobody has mentioned the fact that when you are on a budget, crafting neutral cards which work in almost every deck is always a good starting point; cards like Renew.

I guess because of Ciri and roach nerfs people tried something else for that gold slot and figured out that Renew is actualy good and powerful.

I wonder if Renew was the card used to totally destroy me today.
I didn't even understand what happened.
That guy with monster deck played that gold consumer card, well, I was looking for my lock card to simply beat it with the scorch and suddenly BAM
He summoned like 10 cards of same point 3 monster and on the next turn it repeated, besides of the card he actually played.
in 3 turns the guy had 72 points.

Seriously, I don't even know what happened, I just don't want to play the game again coz this kind of cheat is stupid and it irritates me that I have to use a monster deck and a freaking stupid cheat to win rounds .

Firekangaroo;n8921190 said:
I know why it's a good card, but i wonder why so many people included it in their decks after this patch, but not before.

Because they nerfed the very best neutral gold than: ciri. Now people will naturally migrate to than the second very best? renew.

Now if cdpr nerf renew next patch (which its probably if people keep auto including it and the masses start to complain about it, like its already happening is this very topic), you guess it... everybody will use the next best thing.

And that my friend, its how you never will achieve true balance on a ccg.

Decks will start getting diverse simply due to extra scraps everyone got from from milling nerfed cards from the patch. Also since some cards take a while to catch on as mentioned above. Its a good thing though. I like it when things balance and not everyone is having to resort to net decking.

I actually got Renew when I got to level 20, I don't include it in a lot of my decks. It is really good though, I once stole a Tibor from my opponent because he used it way earlier.

Renew is extreemly powerful because it allows you to toolbox. You get to revive whatever gold is best for your situation. For example, I just used renew on my opponents avallac'h in round 3 Vs discard skeliga after he drew/discarded his entire deck. I would never run avallac'h in the deck I was playing because it can draw into search targets, but in this situation it was really good. If avallac'h hadn't been good there I could have simple renewed another card instead.

The top tier decks now don't have 4 good golds to play now. Most of them benefit a lot more from playing one of their really good golds again than including a 4th decent gold. With Succubus being so popular now renew is also a lot better. You automatically win against SK if you succubus them twice after they play their Morkvarg+Olgierd.

Anybody try using renew on Ithlinne in a ST spell deck? Does it work well?

I thought about doing this but still havn't crafted a single card yet outside 2 crones since OB.

Top Bottom