Why is Freya's Blessing not a gold card?

+

DC9V

Forum veteran
I've just spent some hours in the deck builder to work on a alchemy deck and I wonder why it's a bronze card. When created while playing a non-SK faction, there's not much I could do with it, since it only pulls SK units. Maybe if I play NG and creaky-doored (Duchess's Informant) some of the opponent's units?
The reason why I'm asking is that I'm a big fan of Triss:Telekinesis and I'd like to limit the variety of my bronze special cards in order to make the creation outcome more consistent (which in my case doesn't need to include Freya's Blessing).

(at the moment it's more like a general question but it might turn into a suggestion...)

Payus

Forum regular
What? Freya's blessing is already borderline unplayable. It is too expensive at 6p, giving doomed.
I don't get what you're suggesting, is it to make the card a gold just in case you play Triss TK, you get cleaner options?

DC9V

Forum veteran
is it to make the card a gold just in case you play Triss TK, you get cleaner options?
Yes.

I wouldn't call it unplayable. Ermion + Freya's Blessing or Sigrdrifa's Rite is the only way to play double druid tag. When playing Gedyneith, the doomed status doesn't really matter. And I think 6 provisions is fine, when compared to cards like Offering or Necromancy. So it wouldn't make a huge difference if it was a gold card.

Last edited:
I think we need to consider a third option. For faction locked special cards (cards that only benefit a specific faction,) they should remain bronze but also be taken out of circulation in create pools. The echo card for NR is another great example. Faction specific gold that messes with create a special card. Certain conditions are just too restrictive.

DC9V

Forum veteran
[cards that only benefit a specific faction] should remain bronze but also be taken out of circulation in create pools.
Hm.. No I actually don't want faction related cards to be excluded from creation pools. Assassination, Boiling Oil, Imperial Diplomacy, Mardroeme, Red Riders... Those are all great faction cards that I want to create.

I just don't see a reason to create Freya's Blessing.

ya1

Forum regular
Would be easier to just buff Triss already to play only player specials. Triss has been deemed by meta to be questionable even in Gord decks because of the bricking risk.

Yes.

I wouldn't call it unplayable. Ermion + Freya's Blessing or Sigrdrifa's Rite is the only way to play double druid tag. When playing Gedyneith, the doomed status doesn't really matter. And I think 6 provisions is fine, when compared to cards like Offering or Necromancy. So it wouldn't make a huge difference if it was a gold card.
And when was the last time you saw a serious Gedyneith deck over just objectively superior decks ?
I do not think we need to hit archtypes that see practically no real playrate and are not even viable Tier 2 or 3 decks.

Hm.. No I actually don't want faction related cards to be excluded from creation pools. Assassination, Boiling Oil, Imperial Diplomacy, Mardroeme, Red Riders... Those are all great faction cards that I want to create.

I just don't see a reason to create Freya's Blessing.

Your misunderstanding my comment. I said if the benefit can only apply to one faction then exclude it from the create pool. Two revive cards for SK and the echo card for NR are easy examples. They only res SK and only summon NR respectively. Red riders work for any faction. Mardroeme is a neutral that works on everyone. In fact every single card you mention is not relevant to my idea because non of them are only effective on behalf of one faction.

Hitting a brick should be part of the create risk imo. It's not a big deal anyway you got two more cards to choose from.
Making it gold would mean you could only have one copy instead of two.

But when I think about it, why shouldn't it be able resurrect neutral bronzes? It's not like they are particularly strong.

Last edited:
Top Bottom