Why is my V pretty much forced to hate Arasaka?

+
Here is the thing. You DON'T have to listen to anything that Silverhand tells you.

Some of the more interesting outcomes are when you don't listen to him. (Avoiding spoilers) The fact that most people will listen to Silverhand instead of making up their own mind is more telling about the human psyche than anything else. It's what sci-fi is all about.

I'm not just blowing smoke. The data shows it. Cool thing about Steam is it shows people's % that have done what content via achievements. If you think the game is rail-roading you it's because you let it.
Except the story often feels like punishes V if he doesn't side with Jhonny.
I said this in other topics but the street kid one doesn't make sense to me. In the sense that you become best buds with Jackie after he tried to carjack you.
The idea I guess is that you two already are rolling in the same circles and are in the same boat. The montage is a corner cut to force the idea of a best buddy friendship on you. You even move in with Jackie, which begs the question. Where did you live before?!

I guess but I just feel like Jackie was forced on you for lack of a better word. Should've had different people with the different lifepaths.

Hey hermano's! < has no idea what that word mean> Life is like a bull you have to grab by its pinche webbles and squeeze till the juices drip down your arm essay....
Keep it real Hombres!

I love jackie... i knew a couple dudes like him in real life.

Except the story often feels like punishes V if he doesn't side with Jhonny.
I personally didn't feel that way. Yeah, the game wants you to like Johnny. And I did. That's why I picked the Johnny takes my body ending. Because it made more sense to a sequel perspective. Johnny is "alive" again. V's engram was fully transferred over. The story built up V fighting the relic. I don't see a problem that V wouldn't be fighting ALT. And than Johnny could eventually find V. Get V's body through the relic process. Than switch out Johnny to a proper dead body.

But I also didn't have a problem ignoring Johnny. I'm doing a second play through now. I have all intentions to ignore and shut him up.

Yes unfortunately I have that same feeling.
Game: Choose the corpo lifepath.
Also game: Now hate the corporations. :confused:

Top Bottom