Why is my V pretty much forced to hate Arasaka?

+
In the lore nobody really knows who set the bomb off. At least in all the lore before Cyberpunk Red. In Cyberpunk Red it confirms Johnny and his team detonates the bomb but due to resistance from Arasaka and Adam Smasher the bomb goes off on the 12th floor over 300 meters above ground instead of under the tower in a heavily shielded room. This is why the bomb kills over 500k people. Yes, he is a terrorist and has a very 2 dimensional attitude towards corpos but the lore is correct.

But I dislike the ending to the game anyway and just hope DLC adds more because it does feel like the quest designers got lazy towards the end and much more possibilities could have been explored.

Indeed, but all the material I have read says that all the operation was conducted on the order of militech through Morgan Blackhand. It's true that it's not clear if Silverhand and co was aware of that.

Last edited:
Arisaka is the company corpo V worked for, and fked u over.

Guess I had a different corpo beginning then. It was more like I'm your boss in story but not in character, I'm being pure stupid but you have no choice.
Kay.
So go kill the other person you know nothing about, because remember you have no choice.
Kay.
*Fly to a bar, corpo people come*. You can't kill the other person, you're fired.
Mkay.

So that was 15 minutes and now what, we have a drink? Yeah have a drink and months pass where your early life means nothing. No attachments to either side for me as the player at all.

Militech was a huge missed opportunity too, imo. Especially with Stout clearly being meant to have a bigger role in the game.

Please don't open - That Wound - wanted to romance her thought my corpo v and she would fit perfectly and I could get to miltech with her to the tops. Than the sex scene where I thought yes.. Put a ring on it. She is the one for my "gluten for punishment" V - and then.. Well play the story to find out (for the others to not spoil to hard xD)

Nope. Did you enjoy your 15 minutes of corpo life?
I didn't
Please don't open - That Wound - wanted to romance her thought my corpo v and she would fit perfectly and I could get to miltech with her to the tops. Than the sex scene where I thought yes.. Put a ring on it. She is the one for my "gluten for punishment" V - and then.. Well play the story to find out (for the others to not spoil to hard xD)
Yeah she already has the Tsundere thing going on which could have been expanded to an Arasaka V vs Militech Stout situation.

Here is the thing. You DON'T have to listen to anything that Silverhand tells you.

Some of the more interesting outcomes are when you don't listen to him. (Avoiding spoilers) The fact that most people will listen to Silverhand instead of making up their own mind is more telling about the human psyche than anything else. It's what sci-fi is all about.

I'm not just blowing smoke. The data shows it. Cool thing about Steam is it shows people's % that have done what content via achievements. If you think the game is rail-roading you it's because you let it.

And since Judy dropped us, give us Hanako instead.

THANKS
Wanted Hanako too. Sad.

Here is the thing. You DON'T have to listen to anything that Silverhand tells you.

Some of the more interesting outcomes are when you don't listen to him. (Avoiding spoilers) The fact that most people will listen to Silverhand instead of making up their own mind is more telling about the human psyche than anything else. It's what sci-fi is all about.

I'm not just blowing smoke. The data shows it. Cool thing about Steam is it shows people's % that have done what content via achievements. If you think the game is rail-roading you it's because you let it.

I know, but i purposely gave examples which happens before Silverhand came in our head, The game is already setting our V in a "I don't like Arasaka" set of mind.
And the final "capitulate to Arasaka" (when Silverhand is no longer in V's head) says it all : we considered ouselves at war with them, plus the comment V make to the guard about entreing in his ennemy's prison

They writers just want you to give Johnny your body. The try to railroad you the hole game to this ending. And they do it, because it is Keanu. Don't get me wrong, i like him as a person and actor, but in no fucking way, will i surrender to a mass murdering terrorist. There is no redemption for terrorists, murderers or pedos. They all lost the right to be treated as humans.
Period.
Those monsters deserve to die in agony, nothing more, nothing less.
That is, why for me, there is only one acceptable ending if i would still play the game.
They want you to think that Arasaka are the bad ones. Arasaka has the Tech to save V, but the game is not about V it's all about Johnny, your number one terrorist. Besides, original V is already dead after the Heist.
The story is just not good. After the Heist, it should only be Johnny, with that i could have get along. But as it stands now, there is no reason to play the game anymore. Atleast for me.
Perhaps all of this is because they intend to bring Silverhand back for future Cyberpunk games.
Silverhand with his pluses and minuses is the greatest defender of human rights that exists in Cyberpunk (he is a bastard but he's a bastard who seeks the freedom of humans in a world of assholes that seek to oppress humans)
The fact that Silverhand is the good guy in the story makes it pretty clear how dark and oppressive the world of Cyberpunk is.

But why is V after years of working for arasaka still such a little whiny b#t#h? Years after working assassinations etc he whines around and is after 6 months totally uncorpo in my opinion. You even can't align with any other corpo faction. Unbelievable. For me there is no feel able choice which isn't forced in your face in my playtime. Just the freedom to do side missions.

Yup. Before the game release I was planning to be merciless ambitious hungry corpo who wants to get on top. I was thinking (becasue it's CDPR) that we will have opportunity to work with corpo, against it etc. Maybe even becoming head of Arasaka at the end of LONG MAIN STORY (not that joike of 15 hours main quests chain...).

Hell, even after I got kicked from Araska I thought - ok, now I want to roleplay I want to go back. I so wanted to have opportunity to manipulate my way back, murder Hanako, Yorinobu, blackmain council, get technology to kill Jhonny and in the end - be head of Araska. Same as in DA:O I could become a King or Grey Emminance or how in Baldurs Gate I could become a God. Same as in DA:OS2 I could become a King or Grey Emminance or how in Baldurs Gate I could become a God. Or how in D:OS2 I could become Divine or screw everything and don't care about world. And in most normal RPGs you can go evil, neutral or good route. Here you go.... CDPR route.

Game is not only forcing my hand into what V wants, but it's also quite boring. Before I sank into story for real (when Takemura makes contant with Hanaka and you deafeated Oda) It was cut short to final mission. I thought that now we will start some Hanako chain quests to weak Yorinobu, distrupt his power, win some allies, get more bosses to fight. Now, Hanaka is like "You are mad", then 5 min later "I believe you, it's time for final mission to destroy my brother". I am like - WTF, what sort of caveman was writing that script? Where is half of the plot???

I tell you what happend - they had no manpower or idea or management to do a proper RPG with open plot for different approaches.

So they invented killing-biochip with Jhonny who would be sort of excuse for forcing your hand because "hey you are dying you have no choice so you understand that plot needs to be linear, right?".

To be honest hope the DLC expansion just move on from V story, because the ending basically tainted it.

I'd rather see new ending options based on sidequests that get added since you can replay the ending over and over again. But I agree none of the endings feel accomplishing.

The "bad guy" needs to be someone. For a story to exist, there must be some kind of antagonist, some sort of conflict... SOME problem that the characters must overcome or, at the very least, work to achieve... some... overall goal. For this, this usually needs to be some kind of pushback in the form of a bad person, thus... this group.

The only lifepath that kinda makes harmonious sense in the game right now is the Nomad, the other two have problems.
Actually, if you consider the montage you get after lifepaths only the street kid makes sense chronologically because of Padre.
Post automatically merged:

The "bad guy" needs to be someone. For a story to exist, there must be some kind of antagonist, some sort of conflict... SOME problem that the characters must overcome or, at the very least, work to achieve... some... overall goal. For this, this usually needs to be some kind of pushback in the form of a bad person, thus... this group.
Arasaka really aren't the bad guys for V tho.

I said this in other topics but the street kid one doesn't make sense to me. In the sense that you become best buds with Jackie after he tried to carjack you.

Top Bottom