Why is Radovid in Oxenfurt?

+
Why is Radovid in Oxenfurt?

Let's forget plot convenience for a moment, I understand why we need him for story reasons but as far as "making sense", Radovid's presence in Oxenfurt seems a little weird especially given that he's so paranoid now. Being so close to the front lines, on a boat no less.

I guess similar arguments could be made for why is Emhyr in Vizima but at least he seems in a strong position of consolidated power there with a huge Nilfgaardian encampment between him and the North. Radovid would be in big trouble I think if Nilfgaard just decided to go after Oxenfurt first instead of Novigrad (which geographically makes more sense for a land assault).

There's also the issue of known enemies of Radovid and Redania lurking so close by, The Sorceresses, Letho, and the Scoia'tael.

So what are your thoughts on this? Why isn't Radovid in Tretogor behind thick stone walls where he'd be a lot safer from his enemies?

It's rather weird, indeed.

I ended up with two explanations for myself:

1. Witch Hunters found that Philippa's lair, so Radovid wanted to be as close as possible for immediate action.
2. He wanted directly manage his deals with factions in Novigrad (Whoreson Jr., Eternal Fire church / Witch Hunters)

No idea i suppose he had no other place to relax and chill since technically Novigrad is neutral which isnt. it is controlled by radavids witch hunters.

A lot of the northern kings lead their armies personally (Henselt, Foltest, etc). The Empire seems to prefer sending Generals to the front while the Emperor stays back in an administrative center like Vizima.

What I'm going to say is probably only tangent to the thread's topic but, I generally felt Oxenfurt was rather empty. There just wasn't much things happening inside the city... sad thing since I had high expectations for the academy, which we cannot visit in the end.

What I'm going to say is probably only tangent to the thread's topic but, I generally felt Oxenfurt was rather empty. There just wasn't much things happening inside the city... sad thing since I had high expectations for the academy, which we cannot visit in the end.

The first expansion is going to flesh out this city a lot more I believe.

Top Bottom