Why is the game so dark? I hope this gets fixed with Cyberpunk!

+
Gamma in the settings is all they way up!

2020-01-24 (1).jpg

No mods.

EVGA GTX980.

Real Fullscreen. (not borderless)
Post automatically merged:

Post automatically merged:

2020-01-25.jpg

I mean, just look at this. WIth every other game having the gamma slider on the far right would be almost playing like on a white monitor.

What’s the rest of your PC? CPU, RAM? Are you overclocking GPU, CPU or RAM?

Should you also have an integrated graphics card on your PC, make sure the game is only using the nvidia card, not the integrated one.

Did you try reinstalling the gpu drivers? Keep in mind that in some cases, older drivers work better (like Nvidia v399). I’d suggest checking out these suggestions from support:

If you have a background app that is related to your graphics in some way and could have an effect on your gpu settings, it’s best to disable that.

If you made changes in the nvidia control panel, it might be best to reset that.

If running the game in Windowed / Borderless, switch to Fullscreen. It may be your Windows Desktop color settings, which will override any color settings in-game.

Try preserve system gamma?

Otherwise, Cat Potion or mods are your best bet if you've tried everything else.

I've always had the same problem as the OP - interiors are still too dark despite the gamma set all the way to the right, and light sources such as candles only go so far. I found this most irksome in Corvo Bianco. I thought that it was really dim inside the main villa. So I found this mod to make it less dark:

But I think it's only for B&W.

I've always had the same problem as the OP - interiors are still too dark despite the gamma set all the way to the right, and light sources such as candles only go so far. I found this most irksome in Corvo Bianco. I thought that it was really dim inside the main villa. So I found this mod to make it less dark:

But I think it's only for B&W.

Oh -- that warm candle glow lighting was one of my favorite things about Toussaint. I'm the opposite; I normally feel that games are too washed-out. (I create similar lighting at home IRL, as well.)

But that's why modding is a cool thing.

> But that's why modding is a cool thing.

No, that's what the gamma options is for. You like darkness? Fine, leave it at default or just turn it down. But when I put it to MAX, then this should NOT happen!

> But that's why modding is a cool thing.

No, that's what the gamma options is for. You like darkness? Fine, leave it at default or just turn it down. But when I put it to MAX, then this should NOT happen!

Nope, it shouln't be. Are you sure you don't have "Preserve System Gamma" selected in the menu options? If so, the gamma slider should be greyed out...but computers are weird...

Other than that, it could be:
a.) A leftover effect from a past mod. Even if the mod itself is uninstalled -- not all changes can necessarily be restored.
-or-
b.) Your monitor's hardware color config.

The latter would likely mean that all games look pretty dark. The former would not affect a new game, so you might want to back up your saves and start a standalone game of B&W. If the problem is rectified, then you can be sure it's an issue with your save-state. If the problem occurs there, too, then it's either the game installation itself or something in your system config. (If you've made any edits to your GPU Control Panel settings, or if you're using something like NVInspector or RTSS to tweak, check to ensure you don't have any hardware overrides on that could be affecting the color range. Things like digital vibrance settings can have a profound impact on color contrast and white / black range.)

But, I will confirm it's not displaying normally. That is...very, very dark for gamma all the way up.

Top Bottom