Why is the row-limit so tight?

+
I just want a counter to the sides of a row, something like saying x / 9 where x is the current number of cards on a row, and the number goes orange at 8 / 9 and then goes red when it's 9 / 9. At least for my own row... Cuz right now the only way to even know what the limit is is to actually hit it and see you can't play your game on the field and then rage or be sad. :/

DRK3

Forum veteran
I just want a counter to the sides of a row, something like saying x / 9 where x is the current number of cards on a row, and the number goes orange at 8 / 9 and then goes red when it's 9 / 9. At least for my own row... Cuz right now the only way to even know what the limit is is to actually hit it and see you can't play your game on the field and then rage or be sad. :/

I agree, that would be a useful QoL improvement, it would probably be more useful than the current system, where you click and it shows you the points you have on each row, that is only useful for Igni purposes - a single card in the entire game.

But that is unlikely to be added, i recommend just counting the cards, when i see one of my rows getting full i always count and plan ahead, knowing how many more cards i will play that are row-locked and need to go in that row, and consider the possibility the opponent will play a disloyal unit on that row.

Did you not play the tutorial? Oh wait you can't learn any of the rules there. Sorry. And no Rulebook
The Mods did write an unofficiall but glorious glossary. I can't make any sense of the forums search engine but perhabs a Mod finds this thread and could link it

an unofficiall but glorious glossary
But the Glossary not a rulebook.

I just want a counter to the sides of a row
Definitely wouldn't hurt. While I haven't had problems myself, I only ever stack my Ranged and double-check if I need to do counting. I can imagine it gets a lot trickier if both rows are getting stacked, and if you already need to think about what to play and where.

Guest 4368268

Just played symbiosis against NG assimilate. 5 cards before the end I could no longer play cards.
I'd rather lose to old Imlerith Sabbath A-rush than this way. :coolstory:

Just played symbiosis against NG assimilate. 5 cards before the end I could no longer play cards.
Token spawning gameplay highlights this becoming more of an issue than in the past. All those treants from symbiosis don't help sadly.

It's just too easy to fill a board. I think CDPR need to consider if the current system of row limit is appropriate, or whether there should be any changes taking all this into account.

Yeah, it's a serious problem whenever you're playing tokens vs NG. I've had the same happen to me playing Deadeyes against NG spies. I had one game where four turns into the last round I had 7 spying units cluttering my side of the board.

At least SY has a unit that lets them consume all their tokens. Though it does have veil, so it becomes a huge VVM target.

At least SY has a unit that lets them consume all their tokens. Though it does have veil, so it becomes a huge VVM target.
It (Lonely Champion) has immunity! The other one (Fallen Knight) who boosts himself whenever you Spawn a Unit has Veil.

Top Bottom