why is there a hidden choice? WTF [Spoilers]

+
You joking, one jump while Johnny saying "do not save him and get the fck out" and you'll find out you can jump back there. Maybe if you think before you do something?

This wasn't issue, it's not clear because there is no point marker, but it's obvious. I had more problems with 70% reputation with Johnny, to do it you have to be lucky or use guide, because I tried in my 2nd playthrough to be his bro and still 60% was maximum I had, so I used command in console to be John Wick.

You joking, one jump while Johnny saying "do not save him and get the fck out" and you'll find out you can jump back there. Maybe if you think before you do something?

This wasn't issue, it's not clear because there is no point marker, but it's obvious. I had more problems with 70% reputation with Johnny, to do it you have to be lucky or use guide, because I tried in my 2nd playthrough to be his bro and still 60% was maximum I had, so I used command in console to be John Wick.

a command for save takemura before start hanako quest?
Post automatically merged:

The problem is not that they hide the choice.. the problem is that they gave you a clear indicator to get our of there.. instead not giving you a checkpoint at all.. it bother me too cause i was actually goin through the rooms without knowing that there is small space where you can go back.. so 20 minutes later and killing a lot of people on very hard i gave up cause i thought its scripted .. didnt saw that little space that you can make you go back.. the game kinda lies to us.. cause everything was so linear ud think nothing will change lol

exactly. its the only hidden object in the game, also in that point maybe i dont heard johnny (I've always listened to him carefully) and have a graphic bug, plus the enemy, I never thought it could be saved.

my mistake ok, but wtf the rest of the game is so linear and simple

the problem is that I discovered it now, after doing all the side quests, lot of hours, now i'm before the final mission. otherwise I would have reloaded the save if it had been for a few hours

Last edited:
a command for save takemura before start hanako quest?
Post automatically merged:

exactly. its the only hidden object in the game, also in that point maybe i dont heard johnny (I've always listened to him carefully) and have a graphic bug, plus the enemy, I never thought it could be saved.

my mistake ok, but wtf the rest of the game is so linear and simple

the problem is that I discovered it now, after doing all the side quests, lot of hours, now i'm before the final mission. otherwise I would have reloaded the save if it had been for a few hours
Dont get bothered about it if you dont choose the arasaka ending.. do it the next time you play and your golden.

The problem is not that they hide the choice.. the problem is that they gave you a clear indicator to get our of there.. instead not giving you a checkpoint at all.. it bother me too cause i was actually goin through the rooms without knowing that there is small space where you can go back.. so 20 minutes later and killing a lot of people on very hard i gave up cause i thought its scripted .. didnt saw that little space that you can make you go back.. the game kinda lies to us.. cause everything was so linear ud think nothing will change lol
You can also jump back up the hole with double jump or charge jump legs.

You can also jump back up the hole with double jump or charge jump legs.
for some reason i didnt look up xD hahha .. yeah but i had a save file there and played it.. well the story was only 95% linear after this.. my bad xD

excuse me?
johnny explicitly tells you not to save him and to flee the building
it was pretty clear that you can save him and johnny doesnt want you to
I never heard that line. All I saw was the escape prompt on the map. So that was what I did. I even sat there and thought: is he dead. Also, he makes no fighting grunts etc. This issue. Plus, how the collapse just makes you assume he's instantly killed. Lots of people don't notice he can be saved.

SPOILER!

i think there is another ending you can miss, you need to have 70% friendship with Johnny and dialogue options affects that.
I might be wrong on that. But i think secret ending requires that.

mbrto

Forum regular
SPOILER!

i think there is another ending you can miss, you need to have 70% friendship with Johnny and dialogue options affects that.

its completely unrelated

SPOILER!

That's the secret ending. Pretty much everyone knows it. I think aspects that make it a secret are bull. I don't mind the choice requirements. That's been done in Mass Effect. But needing to look up and down at the gun a certain amount. As long as you hit the right answers. The option should be unlocked. Non of this Simon's Quest tornado bull.

SPOILER!

it is and you have to do it with guide or with luck, because even if you was big bro with Johnny there is one dialogue where you can fck up. So I turned console and typed Game.SetDebugFact("sq032_johnny_friend", 1) to get 70%. It's definitely not for everyone, because it's John Wick ending and if you die it's game over with credits (same like if you commit suicide) and you have to go to main menu and reload last save.

Oh and you can't heal up to max health.

it is and you have to do it with guide or with luck, because even if you was big bro with Johnny there is one dialogue where you can fck up. So I turned console and typed Game.SetDebugFact("sq032_johnny_friend", 1) to get 70%. It's definitely not for everyone, because it's John Wick ending and if you die it's game over with credits (same like if you commit suicide) and you have to go to main menu and reload last save.

i know i did, i ended up with 60%

Oh, I didn't know that. Now that's bullshit. I can't stand games when they change the rules. Blocking saving, fine. Game already did that during combat moments. Not fully healing, screw off. If that's V dying. Than ALL ending's should have that limitation. Maybe because they knew the secret ending was basically the same as the others. Because the AI actually never help where it matters. So you are playing alone in the other missions. They where like: LAZY GAME DESIGN MODE ACTIVATE!

I found out after beating the game that takemura could be saved. what bullshit

why hide the choice?

I cannot reload a save

NO SENSE
You mean just like in Deus Ex where no one gives you a hint that Juan Lebedev can be saved if you attack Anna Navarre?

mbrto

Forum regular
I never heard that line. All I saw was the escape prompt on the map. So that was what I did. I even sat there and thought: is he dead. Also, he makes no fighting grunts etc. This issue. Plus, how the collapse just makes you assume he's instantly killed. Lots of people don't notice he can be saved.

he says something like "he will be fine on his own, run through the hallway"
tbh i cleared the lower ground first before i found out how to jump up there

and its pretty hectic with the buring building and the combat music.
for me it was johnnys line that made me look for takemura, but i get why some people miss it

i still like the design

Oh, I didn't know that. Now that's bullshit. I can't stand games when they change the rules. Blocking saving, fine. Game already did that during combat moments. Not fully healing, screw off. If that's V dying. Than ALL ending's should have that limitation. Maybe because they knew the secret ending was basically the same as the others. Because the AI actually never help where it matters. So you are playing alone in the other missions. They where like: LAZY GAME DESIGN MODE ACTIVATE!

You can heal only up to 65-70%, so you can't go glass canon build. I like it, it's only there, so why not. You can go slow and still be able to do it, but I play with Katana, so I had to go with Armadillo everywhere to survive ED-209 stamping with low hp. I recommend to take Gash Antipersonnel Grenades, they are super good here and they instakilling everything. Sadly Adam Smasher is still joke.

Btw. these rules on very hard difficulty, but I guess it's same on lower ones.

The issue here is we've been conditioned for so many years about the wonders of quest markers and a clear objective.

I wasn't one of the people complaining about them over the years, but I get why so many complained against them years ago now.

They indoctrinate players to a way of thinking - that the only completion is the quest marker and exactly what it says.

he says something like "he will be fine on his own, run through the hallway"
tbh i cleared the lower ground first before i found out how to jump up there

and its pretty hectic with the buring building and the combat music.
for me it was johnnys line that made me look for takemura, but i get why some people miss it

i still like the design

No, you can't even move during the dialogue. If this is not obvious, I don't know what people need, I guess marker on the display with optional quest objective. This will change nothing, ending is still same so if you save him he can "help" you in last mission, but your NPC companions are useless anyway.. so this is more like "little secret" thing.

EDIT: oh.. 5a64f59f0429996bbe10c4933a95f8fc.png (481×146) (gyazo.com)

Great. We need more handholding. More "follow the objective". That's exactly what we need to ask to game developers

Top Bottom