Why is there change to launch times? (it is not releasing midnight)

+
In the last day there has been a change to when the game launches worldwide, people getting ready for midnight release, suddenly seeing the game releasing at f.ex 6 am in the morning in stead. Is there some official word as to if this is just a error or if there has been a change to the server times the game releases worldwide?
I understand it at least as its GMT worldwide for Xbox and PC now, and Playstation has no information if its changed also.

What is your source for this. Last thing I hear the game releases at midnight on the 10th gmt time worldwide.

My understanding

The Game Releases Midnight in Poland. If you live outside Poland (such as myself) you live in a different time zone. So you compare your time with Midnight Poland time and that's the release time.

What is your source for this. Last thing I hear the game releases at midnight on the 10th gmt time worldwide.
it just started getting noticed, I check the launch time for the game in the US, its 6 AM suddenly. Buddy seeing the game launch time change on xbox also, stadia and such. Im just guessing they want a synced release time, its also on reddit, not that any official word has been given.
Post automatically merged:

My understanding

The Game Releases Midnight in Poland. If you live outside Poland (such as myself) you live in a different time zone. So you compare your time with Midnight Poland time and that's the release time.
thats GMT time, its midnight GMT for the world now it seems. but it seems playstation is not reflecting that. just pc platforms and Xbox. (steam, stadia and such also reflects it )

Haven't seen anything like that. Probably people are simply talking about their relative time and that makes you slightly confused.

As far as I know, the time of the release changed only with the release date. My timezone is GMT+5, so I've known the game becomes available to me at 5 AM ever since CDPR announced the December 10th release date.

Haven't seen anything like that. Probably people are simply talking about their relative time and that makes you slightly confused.

As far as I know, the time of the release changed only with the release date. My timezone is GMT+5, so I've known the game becomes available to me at 5 AM ever since CDPR announced the December 10th release date.
could you go to f.ex cyberpunk on your steam, microsoft store and such. its already blown on up on reddit.

The Game Releases Midnight in Poland.

No. It releases midnight Coordinated Universal Time (UCT), which for practical purposes is the same time United Kingdom uses. Which is 1 am Poland time (Central European time, CET).

The various timers that someone set up in the internet, THOSE have been counting to the wrong moment so someone might have fixed that?
For example this timer Ive been following for a long while is off by about two hours (since its apparently counting to midnight MY OWN time rather than the correct moment)

EDIT: to make it clear, I have not seen any change to the official release time, however the time itself wasn't 100% sure due to lack of official word until just week ago or so.

Last edited:
My understanding is it releases at the same "time" worldwide.
What time that is depends entirely on what time zone you happen to live in.
UNLESS you're playing on a console, in which case it's midnight whatever time zone you're in (apparently consoles can handle a date change but not an hour change).

Sild

Ex-moderator

On PC and Stadia it releases midnight (Dec 10th) GMT - worldwide, meaning if you are a pc player the game will unlock for you based on you time zone relative to GMT (+1, +2, -1, -2, etc.) So, for example, if you're in a GMT +2 zone, then the game will be available at 2 AM (02:00), local time.

On consoles, the game will be available at 12AM (00:00) 10th of December, local time. No matter what timezone you're in.

So, i guess some people will get to play it earlier than others on consoles, but the difference can't be higher than 23-24h earlier, but that's just timezones for you, some people also enter the new year earlier than others..

Hope it clears some things up. Unless this isn't what you wanted to know and i missunderstood your question.

On PC and Stadia it releases midnight (Dec 10th) GMT - worldwide

I assume that the day starts at midnight 00:00 and not end with it? As in, its midnight between 9th and 10th and not midnight between 10th and 11th?

I just find "midnight on dec 10th" to have two possible meanings.

Sild

Ex-moderator
I assume that the day starts at midnight 00:00 and not end with it? As in, its midnight between 9th and 10th and not midnight between 10th and 11th?

I would assume that to be the case as well. So midnight between the 9th and 10th.

On PC and Stadia it releases midnight (Dec 10th) GMT - worldwide, meaning if you are a pc player the game will unlock for you based on you time zone relative to GMT (+1, +2, -1, -2, etc.) So, for example, if you're in a GMT +2 zone, then the game will be available at 2 AM (02:00), local time.

On consoles, the game will be available at 12AM (00:00) 10th of December, local time. No matter what timezone you're in.

So, i guess some people will get to play it earlier than others on consoles, but the difference can't be higher than 23-24h earlier, but that's just timezones for you, some people also enter the new year earlier than others..

Hope it clears some things up. Unless this isn't what you wanted to know and i missunderstood your question.

The problem is Xbox is mirroring PC release now. not local release. But I guess they might see that error soon. thats why some of us are confused.

The problem is Xbox is mirroring PC release now. not local release. But I guess they might see that error soon. thats why some of us are confused.

I think I would call it more of a problem if consoles don't release same time as PC... But I don't have any say in the matter.

Top Bottom