Why is there so much cut content? [Possible Spoilers]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you suspect the bugs and glitches are a cause to the cut content of the game? If none of the content was cut, the game would probably function much better.

Wait... What? Then whose bloody fault was it then?! o_O
Ahahahah. Yeah it's worded badly. I'm putting the blame on the publishers for forcing CDPR to release a game they wanted more from, although you can blame CDPR partially if you think they should have been less ambitious/promised less.

I've seen people say there was content cut in the 6th month gap with Jackie.

Where does this information come from?
Was it shown anywhere? Did the devs show stuff from the 6th months?

I cant find anything on it....

I think SomeOrdinaryGamers on YouTube summed it up pretty well. They first aimed at higher-end PCs, then downgrade. Because of Cyberpunk having many assets needing to be loaded in and streamed in a small area, it stresses out the 7-year-old hardware in ways not seen before. It's surprising that it's even running on older-gen hardware at all. On top of that, they put themselves in a corner when deciding not to cancel the PS4/Xbox One versions. Now, if it is stressing both the CPU, GPU, RAM, and everything on the old hardware, imagine if they wanted to implement even more systems to the game. More systems = more bugs & worse performance. Don't get me wrong, I want all of the features that have been short-ended in development, but I'm not sure how it will be possible on all of the consoles, plus it would take tons of work.

They have multiple DLC coming up, at least 2 this year that are supposed released. The game just released, let the dlc come out before complaining about cut content. It's probably all there.

That seems like magical thinking to me. You really think improved NPC & police AI, greater environment interactivity, a faction system that actually does something, fixed physics, seriously branching storylines with real consequences in the world, AND additional content will be in the DLCs? What's the timeline for all that...by 2025?

That seems like magical thinking to me. You really think improved NPC & police AI, greater environment interactivity, a faction system that actually does something, fixed physics, seriously branching storylines with real consequences in the world, AND additional content will be in the DLCs? In what timeline...by 2025?
Missed a good joke there. Could have said by 2077.

I bet you half the systems are already coded anyway, apart from the branching storylines.
Post automatically merged:

I think SomeOrdinaryGamers on YouTube summed it up pretty well. They first aimed at higher-end PCs, then downgrade. Because of Cyberpunk having many assets needing to be loaded in and streamed in a small area, it stresses out the 7-year-old hardware in ways not seen before. It's surprising that it's even running on older-gen hardware at all. On top of that, they put themselves in a corner when deciding not to cancel the PS4/Xbox One versions. Now, if it is stressing both the CPU, GPU, RAM, and everything on the old hardware, imagine if they wanted to implement even more systems to the game. More systems = more bugs & worse performance. Don't get me wrong, I want all of the features that have been short-ended in development, but I'm not sure how it will be possible on all of the consoles, plus it would take tons of work.
Mhm, the CEO practically confirmed this two days ago. They're likely to get the last gen consoles to a stable release and leave them there.

That seems like magical thinking to me. You really think improved NPC & police AI, greater environment interactivity, a faction system that actually does something, fixed physics, seriously branching storylines with real consequences in the world, AND additional content will be in the DLCs? What's the timeline for all that...by 2025?

If its needed....yes.

Dont worry...youll be back to check it all out when its ready.....in 2025 as you predict.

I've seen people say there was content cut in the 6th month gap with Jackie.

Where does this information come from?
Was it shown anywhere? Did the devs show stuff from the 6th months?

I cant find anything on it....

You cant find it....because it was just another made up theory that started from a molehill........transformed into a mountain.

And as usual, everybody believed it to be true.

Rumors say at least two more. One, still pretty early in development, scrapped around the time CDPR was finished with the Witcher 3 and its DLC (and that caused the first group of veteran developers to leave) and one around 2018 which was far ahead. Take with a good dose of salt. ;)
My guess would be the loss of the senior devs is what hurt Cyberpunk 2077 more than anything else.
download.jpg

If its needed....yes.

Dont worry...youll be back to check it all out when its ready.....in 2025 as you predict.

You cant find it....because it was just another made up theory that started from a molehill........transformed into a mountain.

And as usual, everybody believed it to be true.

I thought as much.

It is funny how a lot of people assume unfinished content is just laying around on a drive at CDPR because they think it was cut out of the game "for reasons".

Cut content = / = unfinished content.
They dont assume, CDPR showed a plenty demos, a lot contents to see which you never see in the game.

- Cut content like Wall-climbing with Manti blades, 3RD-Camera cutscenes, customize cars ...
- Unfinished content like area, where you go and shows a warning "... not yet", removed contents could be too buggy and hard to fix .. for "reasons". The reason was for less bug game to release, which is irony that One-day patch made everything worse.

I'm not holding my breath anymore. I'm resigning myself to the fact that this game isn't ever going to come close to the RPG experience that the tabletop version was/is. The problem is finding another immersive sci-fi RPG to play instead.

I'd guess something wrong with engine performance or capacity

rendering multiple vertical layers/platforms of a 3D environment is a huge challenge, especially when plenty of horsepower is being wasted on random stuff that most people won't even notice.

There could be many reasons for cut content. We can only speculate at this time. I just hope they get to adding it back, before the PC community uncovers most of it.

One major feature I noticed was the depth of character customization. They originally showed that you would be able to select an idol. Silverhand was only one of them. So maybe there are two other characters that our story could follow.
Correct.

Arthur "Silverhand" Morgan and Saburu Arasaka were the other two.

This idea of "childhood idols" as a means of selecting a good/neutral/evil moral compass for your character was dropped.

Ahahahah. Yeah it's worded badly. I'm putting the blame on the publishers for forcing CDPR to release a game they wanted more from, although you can blame CDPR partially if you think they should have been less ambitious/promised less.
comment_5qhSCAkoEnLIfge88rzl6nMPDGhqROAn.jpg

What publishers? What are you talking about?

CDPR owns GOG, so they are self-published. Physical copies require distributors, sure, but they don't have the power to influence release dates.

What publishers? What are you talking about?

CDPR owns GOG, so they are self-published. Physical copies require distributors, sure, but they don't have the power to influence release dates.
Distributors and publishers are semantics at this point. Yes, they own Gog, and on the PC side of things they're self sufficient but if you believe Sony or Microsoft don't have sway over release dates I don't know what to tell you. Even if it's not direct, disappointing the only authority on a platform is probably a bad idea.

Not absolving CDPR of all the guilt of course. I'm sure many a memo came from the leadership team about releasing before Christmas.

...They're likely to get the last gen consoles to a stable release and leave them there.

Lets hope...as an owner of a last gen console AND a pretty beefy gaming PC, it seemed asinine to me from the get-go for CDPR to spend time trying to optimize a cutting edge game expirience for a 7+ year old console design.

I assume the push for last gen consoles was a money grab. Too many consoles to ignore. May end up being the dumbest decision in their company's history.
100% agreement...there are still a few 360s out there and PS3s too...why not port that badboy over to them too :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom