Why is there so much cut content? [Possible Spoilers]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't have time to finetune it, so easiest solution is to cut it and hopefully release it later.

I agree with this statement.

I mentioned this before; but I'll say it again. Let's start with V's mega building. You can't explore every floor. When you take the elevator down; there is another market area that you pass. Who knows what other content may be in the building. There is also the quote in character customization "Looks in Night City are everything". Yet though, nobody even take notice of what you are wearing when you enter a nightclub/lounge or a fancy hotel, dressed in NOMAD clothes.

My guess is that some of these higher end features, don't apply to anything in the story yet. There are a few fancy clubs; but not on the level in which, they would require a strict dress code. The only ones that come to mind, were the luxury joy toy bar and a couple of others.

Considering that the "new gen" game will release in September at the earliest that is their chance to include some of the cut content in there and fix all the issues that includes the whole AI revamp that will make cops chase you with cars xD and maybe some new races..

Distributors and publishers are semantics at this point. Yes, they own Gog, and on the PC side of things they're self sufficient but if you believe Sony or Microsoft don't have sway over release dates I don't know what to tell you.

Sony and MS have zero control over release dates of titles they do not publish. Saying so shows you do not understand the marketplace.

They have multiple DLC coming up, at least 2 this year that are supposed released. The game just released, let the dlc come out before complaining about cut content. It's probably all there.
Even if some of the content is in the dlcs that doesn't explain it or is not an excuse. Some of the mechanics in the game are very detailed, to the point where you wonder why?

Like the BD example, you have a lot of control in these, being able to scroll back and forth, navigate the scene, switch layers and so forth. Yet that functionality is hardly used or needed in the game, because there ain't a lot of BD content and the ones there is, is so linear that it makes little sense why players would need so many options here.

It's sort of like "We need to make the player's drive in a straight line from A to B once or twice in the game. How are we going to handle that?.... well lets make a realistic driving simulator." and once you are in the game, the player basically have to just press W.

Some of the missing stuff is "core" systems in the game, like working traffic, all NPC having purpose in life, police system and bribing. Compare that to them just instantly spawning behind you or despawning in front of your eyes, unable to go passed items etc.

DLCs are not suppose to add or change core features in a game, but enhance what is already there or give new options, at least in my opinion.

Distributors and publishers are semantics at this point. Yes, they own Gog, and on the PC side of things they're self sufficient but if you believe Sony or Microsoft don't have sway over release dates I don't know what to tell you. Even if it's not direct, disappointing the only authority on a platform is probably a bad idea.
Unless Sony or Microsoft funded the game, then no, they have no say over the release date. Period. Sure, you need to set up a release date with these publishers in advance and get through their certification process, but that's something CDPR schedules on their own.

Unless Sony or Microsoft funded the game, then no, they have no say over the release date. Period. Sure, you need to set up a release date with these publishers in advance and get through their certification process, but that's something CDPR schedules on their own.
So you don't think Sony or Microsoft wanted one of the most hyped-up games on their markets before Christmas, and that they wouldn't be pressuring CDPR to do that? Especially considering they want bundle it to sell their next gen consoles.

Not saying they can force a release, just saying that they have an interest in it.

So you don't think Sony or Microsoft wanted one of the most hyped-up games on their markets before Christmas, and that they wouldn't be pressuring CDPR to do that? Especially considering they want bundle it to sell their next gen consoles.

Not saying they can force a release, just saying that they have an interest in it.
Obviously they are interested, but I don't think they pressure studios like that. I mean PS pulled it from the store due to its poor state, most likely because they don't want to have to spend time with all the refund issues and because it were of questionable quality, that didn't meet their requirement, I assume etc.

Obviously they are interested, but I don't think they pressure studios like that. I mean PS pulled it from the store due to its poor state, most likely because they don't want to have to spend time with all the refund issues and because it were of questionable quality, that didn't meet their requirement, I assume etc.
Fair enough. I think they do pressure studios. They can't enforce anything of course, but you don't really want to piss off a platform's sole distributor, so they have leverage that way.

Pulling it from the store is unrelated, for the reasons you said.

At the moment, I just can't see CDPR's leadership team being that out of touch that they wouldn't delay it further, they're going to lose very little revenue regardless when they release it, unlike console manufacturers. You only tend to get incompetence at that level in big board meetings, don't think CDPR are that big yet. Could just be overestimating them, of course.

Want? Sure. But there's nothing they can do about it. Like - they don't have any leverage to make that happen. Again - if they were financing the development of the game or something like this, sure, but CDPR is self-funded.
Post automatically merged:

I think they do pressure studios.
Like... HOW? No, seriously, HOW? What kind of pressure can Sony have on a studio they don't own, don't finance, and one that is developing a highly anticipated AAA title?

Want? Sure. But there's nothing they can do about it. Like - they don't have any leverage to make that happen. Again - if they were financing the development of the game or something like this, sure, but CDPR is self-funded.
They have leverage by being the sole distributor on their platform.
They have motive from wanting to sell bundled consoles over Christmas.

Like... HOW? No, seriously, HOW? What kind of pressure can Sony have on a studio they don't own, don't finance, and one that is developing a highly anticipated AAA title?

"Hey, we want your game to be out by Christmas."

CDPR can ignore it sure, not going to be any legal ramifications. But if you don't think there isn't pressure you're being naive. Shit, they're applying pressure now over these console patches.

They have leverage by being the sole distributor on their platform.
They have motive from wanting to sell bundled consoles over Christmas.
And, what, you think they'd do something stupid like... deny the title? It's not a privilege they grant to the chosen, it's a partnership. Perhaps if the title in question is some small game plagued with real controversy - sure. But no, had Sony did something as idiotic as "either you release in 2020 before Christmas, or you can forget about the PS Store" - that just means MS is going to be much happier about it.

And, what, you think they'd do something stupid like... deny the title? It's not a privilege they grant to the chosen, it's a partnership. Perhaps if the title in question is some small game plagued with real controversy - sure. But no, had Sony did something as idiotic as "either you release in 2020 before Christmas, or you can forget about the PS Store" - that just means the MS is going to be much happier about it.
No, but you don't want to be making it hard to work with your partners. C'mon. Plus, it affects CDPR's reputation.

Plus, it affects CDPR's reputation.
AND THEIR OWN! Like, again, try to give me a reasonable example of how they could make things difficult in order to pressure a specific release date.

This idea is so unrealistic in this context it's insane!

"Hey, we want your game to be out by Christmas."

CDPR can ignore it sure, not going to be any legal ramifications.
They'd NEVER write it like that, because they aren't insane. MS wouldn't do that either. Because, again, CDPR ISN'T OWNED by Sony or MS. That sort of statement, if it got out, would make them look VERY bad.

But if you don't think there isn't pressure you're being naive. Shit, they're applying pressure now over these console patches.
That's a completely different situation, and you know it. CDPR told everyone to ask for refunds, opening Sony to all manner of issues (that said Sony is pretty much in the dark ages when it comes to refunds, but that's also a different topic altogether). THAT'S why Sony pulled the game and why there are issues now.

Last edited:
AND THEIR OWN! Like, again, try to give me a reasonable example of how they could make things difficult in order to pressure a specific release date.

This idea is so unrealistic in this context it's insane!
Mate, you have working relationships with your partners. A delay from CDPR across the holiday season would have disappointed Sony/MS execs, which obviously no company wants to do.

I'm not talking about "huuhh sony are going to block it from the PS store". But if you don't think there is indirect pressure there I don't know what to tell you.

Mate, you have working relationships with your partners. A delay from CDPR across the holiday season would have disappointed Sony/MS execs, which obviously no company wants to do.

I'm not talking about "huuhh sony are going to block it from the PS store". But if you don't think there is indirect pressure there I don't know what to tell you.
Disappointed? Again, sure... internally. But they aren't CDPRs "boss", so they can do jack shit about it.

But I see you still haven't given a reasonable example, so I guess that proves my point.

Also - CDPR doesn't need "indirect pressure" to know sales would be best in a pre-Christmas release because it's obvious. Fuck me, INVESTORS probably can put more pressure than MS / Sony!

That said, with a title as anticipated as Cyberpunk I'd say CDPR was in a very comfortable spot, to the point where they could have release the game anytime and the sales would still be very good... at least IF the end-result was really good and what people expected.

About the only reason to desperately chase after a pre-Christmas release is if you know what you're selling isn't up to par - you want those compulsive Christmas shoppers looking for a last-minute gift who won't be looking too critically at your product. Plus, if someone gets that as a gift for Christmas, it makes it a bit difficult to return...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom