Why is there so much cut content? [Possible Spoilers]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this statement.

I mentioned this before; but I'll say it again. Let's start with V's mega building. You can't explore every floor. When you take the elevator down; there is another market area that you pass. Who knows what other content may be in the building. There is also the quote in character customization "Looks in Night City are everything". Yet though, nobody even take notice of what you are wearing when you enter a nightclub/lounge or a fancy hotel, dressed in NOMAD clothes.

My guess is that some of these higher end features, don't apply to anything in the story yet. There are a few fancy clubs; but not on the level in which, they would require a strict dress code. The only ones that come to mind, were the luxury joy toy bar and a couple of others.

I made a post about this before.

You can hop down to special positions, but at a certain point you will walk into a instant flatline field.

So much cut-content in this game that it's not even funny. If they don't royally un-fuck it by finishing/adding things with free DLCs, this will be the last AAA game I ever buy.
I've been super hyped for this since HS... And after being delivered this steaming pile of horseshit, I've just about fucking had it.

Let's hope they fix things in due time.

So much cut-content in this game that it's not even funny. If they don't royally un-fuck it by finishing/adding things with free DLCs, this will be the last AAA game I ever buy.
I've been super hyped for this since HS... And after being delivered this steaming pile of horseshit, I've just about fucking had it.

Let's hope they fix things in due time.

It's a Single-Player Story game. There's nothing left for them to realize. This game is what it is. Some things came out like a dog turd wrapped in crepe paper, yes. Don't let yourself get too dejected over it, though. It is what it is.

Guest 4519094

great here is a small sample of reviews if you want some inspiraiton,
good luck

as to answering any why questions, it can only be speculations as long as the studio doesn't feel comfortable communicating about their process ...

I'm so fuckn pissed that Takemura isn't a romance option but River is... Sorry but the gaming industry is sexist, they made River the romance option instead of Takemura because they preferred it, not what straight females preferred.

It's a Single-Player Story game. There's nothing left for them to realize. This game is what it is. Some things came out like a dog turd wrapped in crepe paper, yes. Don't let yourself get too dejected over it, though. It is what it is.
I mean, yea, that's one way of looking at it.

I guess I'm just tired of spending $$ on dog turds wrapped in crepe paper when the item on the menu is portrayed as a culinary work of art. :/

I mean, yea, that's one way of looking at it.

I guess I'm just tired of spending $$ on dog turds wrapped in crepe paper when the item on the menu is portrayed as a culinary work of art. :/

What kind of games do you like? There are plenty of great choices out there, one just came out earlier this week actually.

maybe a few reason
one the game may rebooted multi times and rushed out
Another is the content was way to bugged to actually fix before release
ran out time to finish
remove to bbe readded a paid dlc
or wasnt up to par

I'm so fuckn pissed that Takemura isn't a romance option but River is... Sorry but the gaming industry is sexist, they made River the romance option instead of Takemura because they preferred it, not what straight females preferred.
uhh What about what takamura prefers?
also, do you think every one shares your opinion?
They mentioned only 'free dlc' in the timeline released 3 days ago. Which kind of worries me because I don't expect a DLC of the scope and size of Blood & Wine to be free. Next gen console users will get the upgrade patch and that's all (according to the timeline released) till the end of 2021!

Another option could be that they bundle the expansion with the multiplayer, which would annoy me and many others who would rather have a single player, moddable game à la Skyrim rather than just another online shooter.

PS: There are rumors that GTA 6 will be announced this year; I consider the release of GTA 6 as the deadline before which CDPR has a last chance to make Cyberpunk still relevant to the market; after that, it will be game over.

gta is a totally different thing though, and single player games aren't mutually exclusive. If you mean multiplayer, hmm that depends what multiplayer cyberpunk would bring to the table. But based on this game, I doubt they are ready for multiplayer. Multiplayer games need minimal bugs, and they need to have an extremely quick ability to fix game breaking bugs. They also usually need a relatively well oiled/fast content pipeline.

like basically whats happening now, could never work for multiplayer. Cant delay new content by 3-6 months, and take 1-2 months to fix gameblocking bugs, and non working mechanics.

And I like cyberpunk 2077, I think it was worth releasing(on pc). But they don't appear to be fast enough and stable enough to get in the multiplayer market.

With the number of fixes to plot lines in patch 1.1 and the number of bugs I collected during one play-through it will take another 100 patches just to bring the existing content up to spec.

Maybe we should accept the fact that the CDPR we came to love is gone forever. First sign of troubles already started with The WItcher 2. With The Witcher 3, after a somewhat troubled inception, the company managed to polish the game. Foundations were still solid though.

This game, however, is problematic from every angle I look at hit. Add to this the fact that patches seems to introduce as many problems as they try to fix, and I think that the situation inside CDPR is spiralling out of control. How much talent drain certain decisions taken in 2015-16 costed is evident. Personally I'm not confident CDPR will be able to fully recover nor to straighten the situation with CP2077.

Didn't understand the sexist? Because Takemura is older?
Multiplayer games need minimal bugs, and they need to have an extremely quick ability to fix game breaking bugs. They also usually need a relatively well oiled/fast content pipeline.
Yeah, Bethesda took a deep dive in this problem with F76... But as far as I know, CDP will have help by an extern.

I for one am enjoying this myth of 'Cut Content'. The implication being that these things were in the game until recently, but somehow removed when the reality is, game design is an iterative process and it's standard operating procedure for things to change as a project evolves. Things that might have been talked about years ago existed in possibility space, but invariably didn't pan out as the project progressed for a myriad numbrer of reasons.

Will there be updates? Absolutely. Will we get more customisation options? Undoubtedly. However right now having just released the stability patch with 1.1, and the emphasis on 1.2 being major bug fixes (including the AI which everyone goes on about )it's only after that will we start to see the QoL improvements people are after, as well as the DLC.

If you're getting antsy about these things, the best advice is to play something else for now because realistically, you're not likely to start seeing notable updates until March/April at the earliest.

Come on!

Don't lie to us about how finished the game was and just performance issues and bugs where a problem.

Why is there so much cut content lying around in this game?

If the game was truly finished and not rushed, why didn't you bother to clean it properly up and remove the remnants of old but abandon concepts and give us a polished product?

If you truly stand for honesty and integrity, please give us peace of mind and be honest with us.

What's going on?

yeah i agree they cut out so much stuff that was shown to us. If you red the bloomberg article about it apparently the demo was faked

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i agree they cut out so much stuff that was shown to us. If you red the bloomberg article about it apparently the demo was faked

[...]

the Bloomberg article misrepresents that.

the demo was actually a demo, showing a demo of what gameplay was planned to be like. Journalists knew this, and were told this. There was discussion of whether to even show it outside of journalists, because maybe regular people would be mad if things changed. Many people said consumers understand work in progress, and want perspectives inside the process, behind the scenes, concepts. I guess they were wrong.

The video also says "work in progress, things may change" in it, and the announcer mentions it.
Also overall the demo lines up with gameplay. main thing they dropped was third person cutscenes, and random battles, wall climbing with mantis blades

Come on!

Don't lie to us about how finished the game was and just performance issues and bugs where a problem.

Why is there so much cut content lying around in this game?

If the game was truly finished and not rushed, why didn't you bother to clean it properly up and remove the remnants of old but abandon concepts and give us a polished product?

If you truly stand for honesty and integrity, please give us peace of mind and be honest with us.

What's going on?
Could you please elaborate specifically which lies, bugs, content, and concepts you are referring to. It can be very difficult to converse when the topic is vague and left wide open to interpretation. Please and thank you.

Cheers Chooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom