Why is there so much cut content? [Possible Spoilers]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
They talked about the AI pathing being a bug, and as 1.2 is the big bug fix it makes sense that they will address it. Esp given its prominence in many critics eyes. It's more of a distraction that eats away at immersion than anything else versus game-breaking, but I would envisage getting it rectified would go some way to demonstrating that CDP is fixing things. Esp after 1.1 didn't fix a lot of things outwardly versus address stability and performance.

Iwinski stated they fall under the category of a bug and would be fixed, doesn't mean 1.2. It could be, I hope so, but I don't really see that happening any time soon. There's evidence that chases and vehicle combat existed in some form, I know because the Valentinos tried running me down while shooting at me on two occasions, but I could never get it to trigger intentionally. That being said, this probably results from another streaming issue as the game shits it's pants when you drive faster than residential zone speed limits. It's probably why the story chase scenes run at ten miles an hour with granny speed turns around corners. As for performance; My performance degraded actually, and many other PC players have reported the same, so I'm not sure what came out of 1.1 other than some console improvements.

Iwinski stated they fall under the category of a bug and would be fixed, doesn't mean 1.2.

You're a business, your reputation is in the gutter and you need to win back the confidence of your customer base, the gaming press as well as that of one of your bigger partners (Sony) and demonstrate the ability to bounce back from a stumble. So what's your priority? How about maybe get some big wins in the bug squashing front. Deal with the ones that everyone's been banging on about. Because that get your positive attention in all quarters. Whereas not dealing with it means people continue to lose what little faith they had that remains in you.

the Bloomberg article misrepresents that.

the demo was actually a demo, showing a demo of what gameplay was planned to be like. Journalists knew this, and were told this. There was discussion of whether to even show it outside of journalists, because maybe regular people would be mad if things changed. Many people said consumers understand work in progress, and want perspectives inside the process, behind the scenes, concepts. I guess they were wrong.

The video also says "work in progress, things may change" in it, and the announcer mentions it.
Also overall the demo lines up with gameplay. main thing they dropped was third person cutscenes, and random battles, wall climbing with mantis blades
Guess what is also said multiple times in their videos? "You will be able to do this (insert function here) in the final build." So, their messaging with this was all over the place.

I would just like to see all the extra clothing and cyberware added. They already exist in the game as npcs are wearing them. Frustrating that V has such a limited wardrobe for seemingly no reason.

I can't even wear the rocket boots or funky netrunner suit from the final mission with Rogue. Why not?

Great game but some odd limitations.

the Bloomberg article misrepresents that.

the demo was actually a demo, showing a demo of what gameplay was planned to be like. Journalists knew this, and were told this. There was discussion of whether to even show it outside of journalists, because maybe regular people would be mad if things changed. Many people said consumers understand work in progress, and want perspectives inside the process, behind the scenes, concepts. I guess they were wrong.

The video also says "work in progress, things may change" in it, and the announcer mentions it.
Also overall the demo lines up with gameplay. main thing they dropped was third person cutscenes, and random battles, wall climbing with mantis blades

All I'm hearing is, "I will excuse anything CDPR does and did and pass the blame onto others." Which, sadly is a song way too many people in these forums are singing.
The problem isn't that people don't understand what work in progress, things may change means, the problem is that CDPR NEVER properly came out and said this and this and this is gonna be cut from the game, apart from one or two things like wall-running or that you could use subways.
Due to that people expected a lot of features that simply aren't in the game, or if they are, they are merely remnants of what they should be.
And that isn't even going into things like the completely broken AI for the sandbox part, or that there are parts of the skilltree that give you abilities which aren't even in the game, like using a human shield, or that the abilities are so unbalanced that many feel completely useless, when fe. a gun can give you ten times the stats that your abilities can etc..

I think many of us would have been more than fine with a game like Witcher 3, just in a glorious Cyberpunk setting, but CDPR promised so much more and then didn't deliver.
And they are to blame for that, not journalists, not reviewers, not gamers. No! The company which didn't listen to their own devs, which hyped the game via a marketing campaign that made promises they then couldn't keep, which then decided to name a release day that was never gonna be made and subsequently kept delaying the game again and again instead of simply saying we'll finish the game and release it then, even if it takes until 2022, and then finally decided to release the game as a buggy, broken mess, which doesn't work in any acceptable way on last gen consoles and even did everything they could to hide the state the game was in from press and public.

Guess what is also said multiple times in their videos? "You will be able to do this (insert function here) in the final build." So, their messaging with this was all over the place.
and which function dud they say in final build that isn't in the final build. gimme a timestamp
Post automatically merged:

All I'm hearing is, "I will excuse anything CDPR does and did and pass the blame onto others." Which, sadly is a song way too many people in these forums are singing.
The problem isn't that people don't understand what work in progress, things may change means, the problem is that CDPR NEVER properly came out and said this and this and this is gonna be cut from the game, apart from one or two things like wall-running or that you could use subways.
Due to that people expected a lot of features that simply aren't in the game, or if they are, they are merely remnants of what they should be.
And that isn't even going into things like the completely broken AI for the sandbox part, or that there are parts of the skilltree that give you abilities which aren't even in the game, like using a human shield, or that the abilities are so unbalanced that many feel completely useless, when fe. a gun can give you ten times the stats that your abilities can etc..

I think many of us would have been more than fine with a game like Witcher 3, just in a glorious Cyberpunk setting, but CDPR promised so much more and then didn't deliver.
And they are to blame for that, not journalists, not reviewers, not gamers. No! The company which didn't listen to their own devs, which hyped the game via a marketing campaign that made promises they then couldn't keep, which then decided to name a release day that was never gonna be made and subsequently kept delaying the game again and again instead of simply saying we'll finish the game and release it then, even if it takes until 2022, and then finally decided to release the game as a buggy, broken mess, which doesn't work in any acceptable way on last gen consoles and even did everything they could to hide the state the game was in from press and public.
human shield is in the game, it gives you increased armor while holding a body, The type of things you are talking about are the type of features that tend to change as they iterate.

look, I'm not saying the game isn't buggy, and they don't need to fix perks and skills and whatever else doesn't work. But the idea that they lied is not accurate, They clearly told people the game would change in development. And somethings changed, this is just how game development works. Apparently people would prefer not to hear anything, but I think that is a lie, I think players who are interested in a game in development want to see what they are working on. As soon as a company goes silent, people want communication. I personally prefer communication, even if its in progress and things change even if they are things I don't like.

Last edited:
I accidentally found this video on Youtube and I was amazed that Rogue has a cyberspace look. Could this also be a cut content?

You're a business, your reputation is in the gutter and you need to win back the confidence of your customer base,

With who? How many people are actually die hard fans of any studio? And how much overlap is there between fan bases where it's not so much people are fans of a particular studio, but they love games so much that they become emotionally invested in the studios themselves?

the gaming press as well as that of one of your bigger partners (Sony)

Polygon, and Sony were gunning for this game from the moment any content sexualizing women was revealed because it made half of the readership realize their HRT treatments aren't delivering results, and Sony has decided to pretend it's powerhouse foundation isn't built on a foundation of 90's titty games because it's now run by a Swedish man. There is no getting back into the good graces of the media or Sony; let's not kid ourselves. The game is still bugged as fuck, but it seems to actually be in a relatively playable state on PS4 now. I doubt it will return to the PSN store until it's censored though.

the announcer straight up says, remember these features are in development and may change when showing monowire and quick hacking. In this case look is not just appearances, but rather that this look into the gameplay may change
Seriously?
Look = look into the gameplay?

I didn't said they lied. I said that they didn't draw "things" in the top of the video, this is your personal interpretation.

With who? How many people are actually die hard fans of any studio? And how much overlap is there between fan bases where it's not so much people are fans of a particular studio, but they love games so much that they become emotionally invested in the studios themselves?

LOL. It's not about die-hard fans it's about the conversation around the game. Right now they're getting hammered in the news outlets and beyond (like the Bloomberg hatchet job). As a business, you need to be seen to be responding to these things. CDP isn't EA, Activision or Ubisoft in that a stumble doesn't mean a lot in the grand scheme of things for them. It is imperative that they restore confidence in their brand, not the least because there are legal issues involved. The optics are everything.

Polygon, and Sony were gunning for this game from the moment any content sexualizing women was revealed because it made half of the readership realize their HRT treatments aren't delivering results, and Sony has decided to pretend it's powerhouse foundation isn't built on a foundation of 90's titty games because it's now run by a Swedish man. There is no getting back into the good graces of the media or Sony; let's not kid ourselves. The game is still bugged as fuck, but it seems to actually be in a relatively playable state on PS4 now. I doubt it will return to the PSN store until it's censored though.

Whom are you hoping to convince with that line of reasoning? If Sony's reason for removing it was down to its content versus the state of the game, they'd have said so. In fact, the game would never have even made it on the platform in the first place. Sony pulled the plug because they dislike giving out refunds.

It would honestly be kind of shocking if they didn't give us some of the cut content at this point. I can't find one forum on here that isn't talking about it. Except for maybe like one or two. But still a vast majority.

Guest 4519094

yea CDPR sticking it to Sony ... kinda felt good, very on topic at least :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on!

Don't lie to us about how finished the game was and just performance issues and bugs where a problem.

Why is there so much cut content lying around in this game?

If the game was truly finished and not rushed, why didn't you bother to clean it properly up and remove the remnants of old but abandon concepts and give us a polished product?

If you truly stand for honesty and integrity, please give us peace of mind and be honest with us.

What's going on?

Could it be that some of this content will be activated along with the DLC's?

Seriously?
Look = look into the gameplay?

I didn't said they lied. I said that they didn't draw "things" in the top of the video, this is your personal interpretation.

yes, a "first look" at a product is not generally just about the visuals. But Regardless what anyone thinks they mean by first look, the narrator uses more words to make it more clear, so there is less confusion. and that is the part I linked/quoted. He made it clear that Features may change.

and when I say no one lied, this basically means no one decieved anyone. And its not just meant for you, this whole thread is about some percieved things taken from the game unfairly.
Post automatically merged:

It would honestly be kind of shocking if they didn't give us some of the cut content at this point. I can't find one forum on here that isn't talking about it. Except for maybe like one or two. But still a vast majority.

everyone is talking about things that never existed, or were suggested to exist. Thats the whole problem with this idea. Everyone thinks there us this mystical cut content, that was the feature/thing they really wanted and imagined was in the game, that they can easily add, because after all it was there but was cut out.

and its different for every person.

its a fantasy

Some imagine a deep police crime/punishment system removed
some imagine sitting down, and more food options
some imagine whole new storylines for each origin
some imagine car customization
whole extra acts.

Even if people would just say, I think ______ would improve the game, they should work on that. At least thats feedback. But omg I want all the cut content back is vague and useless.

Last edited:
no, its not.

saying its irrefutable does not make it so.
Show me a promised feature that is missing, and show me a quote of the statement of said feature.
Okay I'll give you an example. A lie. Character creation. You can find articles all the way up to two days before release sighting features that are plainly missing from the game. Basic necessity. Clothing that represents what little choices you get to make in character creation. Irrefutable.

Okay I'll give you an example. A lie. Character creation. You can find articles all the way up to two days before release sighting features that are plainly missing from the game. Basic necessity. Clothing that represents what little choices you get to make in character creation. Irrefutable.
what?
you mean clothes from life paths? yeah thats in game. you get the clothes you were wearing in the prolog in your stash.
nomad has nomad clothes. streetkid has street etc.
nomad pants, nomad shoes, tattered crop top
photomode_26012021_151116.png

Last edited:
what?
you mean clothes from life paths? yeah thats in game. you get the clothes you were wearing in the prolog in your stash.
nomad has nomad clothes. streetkid has street etc.
No I'm talking about clothing that represents the physical choices you make in character creation. if you play a female V and pick anything but medium breast size the clothing default you back to medium breast size. and goggles don't line up with your eyes half the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom