Why is there so much cut content? [Possible Spoilers]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 3847602

It doesn't seem to contradict Sasko's words:
"When it comes to vehicles, as a player, you can own different vehicles but you do not really customise them, you actually own vehicles that have already been customised," Sasko explained . "You can find different vehicles that are already tuned-up but you do not do it yourself."
"Choosing how to spend your dirty money" is a completely vague statement. You do that in every game featuring in-game economy. Can't see how is that a promise of purchasing apartments.

"exchangeable parts make them perfect for tuning"
In my opinion, this is the perfect example of when we take a single sentence out of its context (the video) and interpret it as we want :)

yes, sure (y)
Post automatically merged:

"Choosing how to spend your dirty money" is a completely vague statement. You do that in every game featuring in-game economy. Can't see how is that a promise of purchasing apartments.

too bad that that vague statement is paired with a couple of sequences choosed for a reason...

Last edited:
This horse is super dead, although it seems the beating goes on. You cannot customize cars, CDPR said that very clearly well before release.

If you are looking for some kind of betrayal justification, it's not here. In terms of car customization, this was clearly spelled out before launch. The rest is on you if you thought otherwise.

In terms of multiple places to live, I have three, in-game. So, there's that.

Unless there's something new to say here, thread will be closed in a bit before it turns into another circular general complaints thread. We have enough of those.

Oh boy, this will probably be locked soon, but anyway...

"exchangeable parts make them perfect for tuning", October 2020 so AFTER that statement you've posted. I call it deceive.

To me this does not sound like a promise that players will be able to customize vehicles, rather a lore description for vehicle types, similar to how the in-game codex works.

they told us about "chose how to spend your money" and your "pastime"....pastime, I repeat., so stuff that have nothing to do with story/missions, all in a sequence that SHOW us V at "luna park", in a garage/shop (not very clear) with supercars exposed, V that play in a concert, V that drink with Jackie in a club or that dive naked in the water etc.

Yeah, OK the NC Wires showed moments selectively framed from specific instances, often from sections that play on rails. That's fine, they're showing off the game, and they're not showing off much that isn't in the final product. As for pastimes? I don't know what great expectations anyone got from that word. The part with the naked guy jumping naked in the water looks like Kerry (check the arm tattoos) at the end of his boat ride mission, likely it was changed for various reasons, both technical and to do with censorship. Again it seems Cyberpunk's promotional materials caused people's expectations to fly to the moon...

I do call bullshit on the video though, at about 27:56 they use the arm launcher and hit scenery without flatlining the player.

"exchangeable parts make them perfect for tuning"
In my opinion, this is the perfect example of when we take a single sentence out of its context (the video) and interpret it as we want :)

Nope dude, there are actuals laws against those type of "not lying but almost" type of advertising.

You want out of context stuff?
Using story cutscene to sell us those as side activities, the number of pre-order and all the obviously false promises.

You can turn it in anyway you want, they weren't honnest.

"Whether on national TV or in the local newspaper, advertisements must be truthful. Depending upon what you are selling, there could be a variety of truth-in-advertising laws and regulations that small businesses must follow. Ads also have to be fair to consumers and aggressive or misleading claims can also invite lawsuits from either the Federal Trade Commission or the state attorney general.
[...]
Untrue Ads
An ad is considered untrue not only if it provides inaccurate or misleading information, but also if it omits information that it should include. An ad that says your bag of Crispy Brand chips has half the calories as its competitors, but doesn't mention its bags are only half the size, would be misleading by virtue of the omission. The ad has to mislead a "reasonable consumer," who should understand the product a little and know when an advertisers exaggerates. For example, a reasonable consumer would know that not all "Danish" pastries are made in Denmark."

Come on!

Don't lie to us about how finished the game was and just performance issues and bugs where a problem.

Why is there so much cut content lying around in this game?

If the game was truly finished and not rushed, why didn't you bother to clean it properly up and remove the remnants of old but abandon concepts and give us a polished product?

If you truly stand for honesty and integrity, please give us peace of mind and be honest with us.

What's going on?
They just wanted easy peasy cash from an Xmas release, which was a reeeeally bad idea as it came back for them immediately after :shrug:

Yep. Turned into accusations of lying and greed, the "obvious" culprit behind production decisions. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom