Why is V so pissed at Jackie when stealing the relic?

+
I figured that it was V channeling the inner me as the player for all of the times Jackie jumped in front of me during the gunfights. The man has the survival instincts of a Lemming with a terminal illness!

Honestly, I just let the timer run out on those because V seemed every bit as riled up to hit the 'big leagues' as Jackie did based on some of your dialogs. It seemed unfair to chew him out during the Heist when we were telling Dex just a couple of days earlier that we'd rather go down in a blaze of glory than live to see 30.

Why do all the dialogue options while in the relic heist mission have to be so negative?
Kind of bugs me that V is such a downer in the prologue mission for seemingly no apparent reason. Soon at you jump in the Delamain its all doom and gloom as if you suddenly just hate Jackie's existence. Don't know how you all feel about it but for me it comes off as very forced and unnatural.
I put it down to before the game and story went through some changes (silverhands role and scope doubled.. T-bug originally lived) that there was friction on going on the dangerous job and would come out when it went belly up. It appears out of the blue in wat they shipped as so different to your conversations with jackie moments before.
Post automatically merged:

That too.
For me, V's dialogue there didn't bother me, because Jackie kinda pushed them into something they are not ready for. And thus the "Major Leagues... Happy now Jackie?!". But as @LeKill3rFou mentioned you are also given the option to either say nothing or 'save your strength'.But to be fair it is also unfair of V as she didn't exactly go 'no' about the plan:)

...oh well fanfics to the rescue...normally, but CP77 doesn't seem to attract a lot:(
the problem with this line of reasoning is what V says and most importantly V's tone and inflection is so VASTLY different than the shorthand we get to select as well as a 180 from previous interactions with jackie moments before in the bar.

the problem with this line of reasoning is what V says and most importantly V's tone and inflection is so VASTLY different than the shorthand we get to select as well as a 180 from previous interactions with jackie moments before in the bar.
Just my opinion, but not really :(
In the Delamain cab, even by saying nothing, I can feel that V start to have a bad feeling or at least, a doubt that growth up.
Then after talking to the Konpeki receptionist, V seem also to be lost in her mind and in doubt... When V doesn't even listen what Jackie say about the Konpeki : "humm... what ?"
Then again, just before entering in the elevator to reach Yorinobu's penthouse.
Jackie : "Nice, it's all fine, for now"
V : "Damn, you're optimistic..."
Jackie : "V, you will finally decide to drive away these black clouds above your head. You'll see, everything will go very well... Believe me".

So no, it's a slow turn, more the time pass, more V feel that something will go wrong... And V drop the phrase "Major league... Happy now, Jackie !" when, as V expected, everything goes wrong...

Yea, I mean i get that it would be stressful but it comes off more as some ham fisted guilt trip to Jackie's demise. One can be stressed without being a total ahole.. especially to a friend. Not to mention the dialogue options before and after that seem to express enthusiam at becoming a legend and in the big leagues but in the heist it's as if you never wanted to do it and don't even care about being a legend.
V does say later that they wanted to become a "living legend." Living. Jackie is the one who's bought into the idea of dying spectacularly to achieve fame. I don't think V ever really shared his enthusiasm for that 'tradition' but didn't want to diss their best friend's dreams and ambitions. If V is the Fool of the story then it's primarily for going along with something that is obviously a very bad idea, simply to be a good friend.

Just my opinion, but not really :(
In the Delamain cab, even by saying nothing, I can feel that V start to have a bad feeling or at least, a doubt that growth up.
Then after talking to the Konpeki receptionist, V seem also to be lost in her mind and in doubt... When V doesn't even listen what Jackie say about the Konpeki : "humm... what ?"
Then again, just before entering in the elevator to reach Yorinobu's penthouse.
Jackie : "Nice, it's all fine, for now"
V : "Damn, you're optimistic..."
Jackie : "V, you will finally decide to drive away these black clouds above your head. You'll see, everything will go very well... Believe me".

So no, it's a slow turn, more the time pass, more V feel that something will go wrong... And V drop the phrase "Major league... Happy now, Jackie !" when, as V expected, everything goes wrong...
the problem I have with what you highlight is just at the bar and outside the bar jackie starts his sudden wanna be the best talk and V is perfectly ok. V showed zero hesitation any step of the way in the voice actors performance,.

I don't say anything mean to Jackie. Since the dialogue options are timed, just don't say anything. I always pick the options that sound more positive. The reason why you have negative options is because Jackie is very impulsive. Think bad to the Maelstrom mission, he refuses to sit down, unless you make him. Jackie acts like a big kid so it makes sense for V to have to bring him back down to reality.

I wish V could have had the option to further hype Jackie in the taxi. Jackie is so excited at the prospect of getting in the big leagues. Getting outta the slums and probably his mom too. Starting his future Misty. V coulda had the option to be excited about his future life too. Maybe a more pragmatic or 'realistic' V is preferable but a more optimistic V would have made this scene better IMO.

The problem was in the first two playthroughs... In one I chose one option in every optional convo, which burned. Then in the next I chose the other thing, which also burned. After that I realized the best option was let the conversations time out and say nothing. Except in the elevator to the suite, I had always chosen the nice option (the only nice thing V says in all the Heist I think) that Jackie looks good in the suit. I had never chosen the other option (solo cosplay), it is so clearly cruel, but I did today just to see what it said. That was one of the most insulting things V ever says. It is horrible and after saying that Jackie puts down his head in silence. It has no justification. In fact none of the poison V says during the heist does. I had to go to a previous save... just couldn't let that stand.
Trying to explain it off with psychology doesn't cut it, V is simply a bastard snake in all the Heist. I suspect whoever was in charge of writing that part was in a nasty mood that day.
You know It is actually V who brings up "today we enter the major leagues" at the Afterlife I think before everything.

Top Bottom