Why is Werewolf immune?

+
I don't use those cards very often but I also like that they are immune. If they weren't then using those cards with full moon wouldn't be as good and might not even be viable.

Oh, those werewolves...

I *know* they are immune, but somehow I always tend to forget that while playing against them :D During one match I tried to target one wolf three times! (You didn't hear that, right?) Felt so smart afterwards... I don't have anything against its immunity, I think it's cool ability to have in game. It's just hilarious how terrible my memory is when playing against them. Or against Arachas Queen.

Ammers;n10616092 said:
Being immune under full moon is a very lore flavorful mechanic.

It makes sense that they are immune under moonlight effect, but they are immune when they aren't as well. Not sure if this is an oversight or working as intended.

Hellsmoke77;n10612772 said:
Because monsters is the weakest faction and it's fun watching people that dont know he's immune shoot their own units.
Fog, Frost, Deathwish, and Nekkers would like to have a word with you = P

its so funny when I play My werewolf and some NG Alchemy stand there useless with his OP viper witchers and he can't do shit about it

Void_Singer;n10616562 said:
Fog, Frost, Deathwish, and Nekkers would like to have a word with you = P

Worst bronzes, silvers, lack of tempo and synergy have my schedule pretty full atm but when fog and frost become exclusive to monsters I might be able to squeeze in an appointment. :)

jsachun;n10616542 said:
It makes sense that they are immune under moonlight effect, but they are immune when they aren't as well. Not sure if this is an oversight or working as intended.

It's working as intended. If he weren't immune he'd never see the moonlight. Despite of what you might read in the I:S thread 7 point removal does in fact grow on trees.

I've never actually thought about the why; it just seemed to make sense when the card was first revealed. :D
Maybe it's indeed the immunity to "normal" weapons, like was already suggested.

Yes, I've fallen into the trap of trying to target a Werewolf even though I play a Moonlight deck myself...

:eredinfacepalm:

Hellsmoke77;n10616832 said:
Worst bronzes, silvers, lack of tempo and synergy have my schedule pretty full atm but when fog and frost become exclusive to monsters I might be able to squeeze in an appointment. :)
Better have your people call their people... they're busy filling out tier one and laughing at NR and Skellige... never mistake lack of variety for lack of ability

Hellsmoke77;n10616832 said:

Fiend is the best card in the game. So much better than Viper Witcher

Void_Singer;n10617152 said:
Better have your people call their people... they're busy filling out tier one and laughing at NR and Skellige... never mistake lack of variety for lack of ability

I never see them in ranked... Just alchemy, brouver, elf shuffle, henselt and skellige (either bear spam or greatsword spam)

Werewolf should lose its immunity once it got its buff triggered. Would be super flavourfull. As long as its day you cannot tell who is a werewolf but once its night you can spot those pescy creatures

Muffliato;n10616872 said:
I've never actually thought about the why; it just seemed to make sense when the card was first revealed.
Whereas I almost always wonder why certain cards have their respective abilties. Unfortunately, in most cases, logical reasons have been rather hard to puzzle out on my own.

As for werewolves, I see no compelling reason why they should be immune to everything but the most severe effects. After all, they weren't that powerful in Witcher III. Common or garden variety wolves, on the other hand, frequently proved far more lethal . . .

liezldiezldee;n10622282 said:
I never see them in ranked... Just alchemy, brouver, elf shuffle, henselt and skellige (either bear spam or greatsword spam)
at around 17-18 there a lot of them, especially frost/fog... not as many as alchemy or mulligan, but definitely more than SK anything and NR is nowhere to be found... most of them running Imerlith as well, which might account for the the increased popularity over last season where they were only even with SK

Were wolf is a great unit to start the turn against decks that need you to play something reasonably big to get value out of their cards. By putting first into play a card that is immune, they are forced to play something else or lose value, throwing a wrench into their plans. You can cast moonlight later to get the full value out of the werewolf. He is a staple unit in any deck that relies heavily on moonlight.

Lorewise, I guess immunity to silver explains why they are immune in the game. They can still be destroyed, just not targeted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom