Why isn't Ciri nude in the sauna?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he means "topless", ;)

In reality did find that rather weird though since everyone else in that scene was topless but her.

I think it was a conscious choice by CDPR to make her seem more like a daughter figure in the game as opposed to letting her show skin like Triss and Yen. Simple as that, really.

But if you want a lore reason, you could assume that her experiences in the books (I won't spoil anything), have made her somewhat more conservative when it comes to her body. I doubt that, tbh, but that's the best I can come up with based on what we know about her.

She wears a bandage around the breast. I don't know though why CDPR decided to display her like that in this scene.

But if you want a lore reason, you could assume that her experiences in the books (I won't spoil anything), have made her somewhat more conservative when it comes to her body. I doubt that, tbh, but that's the best I can come up with based on what we know about her.
There is actually nothing that supports that "lore argument". Ciri has absolutely no problem at all to be completely naked.

But well, you never know with these highly traumatized girls... ;)

@Scholdarr.452

Yeah that's why I said you could "assume". She didn't have any issues with Galahad peeking, but there's literally no other reason I could think of. /shrug

She wears a bandage around the breast. I don't know though why CDPR decided to display her like that in this scene.

There is actually nothing that supports that "lore argument". Ciri has absolutely no problem at all to be completely naked.

Isn't she wounded?

Let's be realistic, Feminist Frequency has cast his shadow on everything, now.

Isn't she wounded?

Let's be realistic, Feminist Frequency has cast his shadow on everything, now.

She was. But she could have been wounded everywhere. Why they chose the breast region for the wound - well, that I will leave to speculation. I have a theory for that but I don't want to be the always grumpy old man, so I won't share it... :p

The Watsonian explanation is that she was wounded and wearing bandages. The Doylist explanation is that the developers did not want to sexualise her character to the players, since we're supposed to view her as a daughter, not a sex-object.

I don't care about this. Why the women have their panties on or the camera angles are never more revealing? It felt 10x more contrived than Ciri scene and it was not like this in TW2. Did CDPR lose its balls? If they were so afraid of feminazis, why not hire someone to model and animate Geralt's dick? :comeatmebro:

There's a mod out there that makes ciri go nude. however, it switches out her base model, which in the game, is her actual default look, as apparently there is no "nude ciri outfit", like there is for Triss and Yen. In other words, she'll be naked the whole time, bathing or otherwise.

I used the mod because it packaged changes to Ciri, Triss, Yen and Keira, but after knowing Ciri would be naked the whole time, I removed her part of the mod and kept the others.

The Doylist explanation is that the developers did not want to sexualise her character to the players, since we're supposed to view her as a daughter, not a sex-object.

The problem here is that why then they made a sauna scene in the first place? They could have made the conversation over a meal in the dining room. The only believable explanation is that she was initially nude but then CDPR decided to censor the game for American prudish public, who prefer seeing women nailed to the ceiling or impaled through their anus with a stake coming out of their throats but dressed than seeing a women's naked breasts.

The problem here is that why then they made a sauna scene in the first place? They could have made the conversation over a meal in the dining room. The only believable explanation is that she was initially nude but then CDPR decided to censor the game for American prudish public, who prefer seeing women nailed to the ceiling or impaled through their anus with a stake coming out of their throats but dressed than seeing a women's naked breasts.
Seeing that they did not in any way prevent you from seeing the breasts of every other woman in the room, I don't buy that one bit. Only Ciri is covered up because she is not supposed to be a sex symbol. Why a sauna scene of all things? Because amazingly enough, saunas have cultural significance beyond staring at naked women, they are places traditionally considered to have purifying and healing properties. If you want to recuperate from injury or illness, it's into sauna with you.

It is extremely American of you to immediately assume that female nudity can only serve a fanservice function. They plainly added in the elderly mother to emphasise that this is not a sexual scene and covered Ciri up for good measure.

The Doylist explanation is that the developers did not want to sexualise her character to the players, since we're supposed to view her as a daughter, not a sex-object.

How is being naked in a sauna any form of sexualization? The human body itself is no sex object in itself. Being naked in the sauna is a completely normal and natural way of behaving for many people, in central or northern Europe at least. People here in Germany even go to the "FFK" beaches with their families. Everyone is naked there but it's not about sexuality at all. There is just no sexual context here, just like in the sauna scene. Your naked in a sauna because it's hot. That's about it.

If anything, this Doylist explantion is proof of a misunderstood concept of sexualization in the first place. But the sauna scene isn't the only scene that shows a weird understanding of sexuality in TW3, not at all. TW3 generally shows juvenile definition of the human body and sexuality which is actually pretty sad for a game that is advertized as a game "for adults".

Oh context, why are you always disregarded?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom