Why isn't Iorveth a Leader Card?

+
I've just learned while replaying the entire witcher saga ( this time sided Iovert path) that he won't make an appearance in W3 even if you had chosen its path in W2. Not even a cameo.

Now, it is not my most favourite character but... Why even in Gwent is he also mistreated? As far as I know, he is the leader of ST, but he is just a gold in Gwent.

It doesn't make sense to me, all the other ST leaders don't even make an appearance in all 3 games.

I just wish to see some justice and coherence. Hoping so see Iovert turning into leader card in Homecoming.

Some leaders will change in Homecoming. So, who knows what might happen? Regardless, ST is a weird faction to begin with, mixing dwarfs and elves and whatnot. It doesn't make sense from a lore standpoint. Back to Iorvet, he doesn't feel like a leader, even though he's led the elves. Well, we'll see...

Somehow the dwarfs with ST makes more sense than Monsters with Wild Hunt faction.

For at least in the Whitcher 1, dwarfs were joining the ST against humans dominion. For the rest, let's keep hopes they will get the things right in homecoming.

I've just learned while replaying the entire witcher saga ( this time sided Iovert path) that he won't make an appearance in W3 even if you had chosen its path in W2. Not even a cameo.

Now, it is not my most favourite character but... Why even in Gwent is he also mistreated? As far as I know, he is the leader of ST, but he is just a gold in Gwent.

It doesn't make sense to me, all the other ST leaders don't even make an appearance in all 3 games.

I just wish to see some justice and coherence. Hoping so see Iovert turning into leader card in Homecoming.

Makes totally sense. Francesca is the queen of the only remaining independent elf kingdom (Dol Blatana)(still backed by nilfgaard, that would be an interesting if she could use some ng cards).

Ethne is the Brokilon leader, meaning leader of most non human intelligent races.

Brouver is the leader of Mahakam, the sole dwarf kingdom.

Iorveth may be an important character in the games (which are character perspective), but he is only a leader of a mere terrorist organisation with no more influence then, let's say Thaler in nr, and very far away from characters like Henselt or Emygr.

The problem is more the name of the faction. Most SC cards were never part of Scoiatael - some are clearly part of Dol Blathana/Mahakam regular armies (both kingdoms officially disaprouve SC actions), while some characters were never part of SC, or even lived while SC was still an irregular division of the Nilfgaard army (Shiru).

I'm more baffled about his (vanilla) ability, as actually Milva is the one that is an archer and a way more important character at that. Sure, the "kite" gimmick suits her, but simply because she is so much more important than Iorveth and it is a meme ability, it doesn't make sense to me why her only card in the game should be a meme card.

Yes, it makes sense having leaders based on the Book's lore, but Gwent comes from the Witcher's game lore. On top of that, the Withcer trilogy has a different adaption compared to the books in order to fit a video game. That being said, Iovert appears in the story and you interact with him, while all the other leaders are only mentioned. That's why it doesnt make sense to me leaving him out from leader cards.

Even if Iovert does not address himself as a leader, he is leading the facto ST. So, he should have been a leader card simply for the fact that in Gwent, the faction it is called ST and not Dol Blathanna etc etc

Last edited:
Yes, it makes sense having leaders based on the Book's lore, but Gwent comes from the Witcher's game lore.

It's not that easy - the original Gwent game from TW3 always tried to mix both worlds, books and games.
Also keep in mind that quite a lot of the characters from the game can also be found in the books.

And for ST Brouver, Francesca and Eithne are pretty good choices for leaders! Filavandrel can be a bit more questionable but that leader was always supposed to be the Create leader for ST - and create wouldn't have made sense in combination with Iorveth.

But we'll see... maybe we'll see Iorveth as leader at some point, who knows.

Yes, it makes sense having leaders based on the Book's lore, but Gwent comes from the Witcher's game lore.

Is this is wrotten somewhere? The book lore and the game lore are similar, except that the game happens a bit later in time.

I played only the first game, but as I know Franscesca, Brouver and Ethne are still kings/queens/chiefs of their respective kingdoms.

BTW they arent' "book" characters. Brouver never appears in any book, he is simply mentioned a few times. Ethne and Franscesca are very secondary characters that make short appearances.

The point is Iorveth is the leader of a small terroristic organisation, and don't have any personal authority, comparable to crwoned characters that are usually leaders.

Vilgefortz, Thaler, Djiistra, Vatiier, or any member of the sorceress logde have more influence then him, and they're only gold too.

If you name the Elves/Dwarf Faction Scoi'tael on Gwent, you can't deny that Iovert had to be among the leaders for at least. Make sense?

Otherwise, you separate Dwarfs from Elfs, and you change the faction names as Elves and Dwarven. But that would suit better a "The Witcher MMO" which I hope someday will be reality :)

Last edited:
Iorveth leads just a commando, francesca was a queen, brouver lead all the dwarves, etc. If Iorveth would be a leader we can also make Yarpen a leader because he lead a band of dwarves. Iorveth is and should be a gold.

ST is a weird faction to begin with, mixing dwarfs and elves and whatnot.
Dwarves and elves were always together in the Witcher universe. Scoia'tael is like a club for social outcasts belonging to non-human species, minus the Vodyanoi, of course. And when I said 'always', I meant in the Northern Kingdoms of The Witcher games trilogy.

Iorveth may be an important character in the games (which are character perspective), but he is only a leader of a mere terrorist organisation with no more influence then, let's say Thaler in nr, and very far away from characters like Henselt or Emygr.
Yes, he is very easily comparable to Vernon Roche from The Witcher 2. Roche path, Iorveth path, see? And likewise, both are Gold in Gwent with Avatars.

The point is Iorveth is the leader of a small terroristic organisation, and don't have any personal authority, comparable to crwoned characters that are usually leaders. Vilgefortz, Thaler, Djiistra, Vatiier, or any member of the sorceress logde have more influence then him, and they're only gold too.
This, yes. Although, having said all this, I wouldn't mind seeing him as a Leader card. He has the aura of one in the games, unlike Thaler, Djikstra, etc. Thaler and Djikstra are perfect as Spy cards.

Neither in the books nor games, Mahakam sided with the Scoia'tael. In the books the Mahakam Volunteer Army fought at the side of the Northernrealms against Nilfgaard and thus against the Scoia'tael. This includes basically all the dwarven characters which are included in Gwent so far.

Concering Iorveth, he was never the leader of the Scoia'tael, he was only the leader of one Commando, which was the last to survive. Nonetheless the Vrihedd Brigade which was let by Isengrim was a lot more famous and important, so if any of them would become a leader, it should be Isengrim.

Also I like the suggested idea of making Dijkstra a NR leader, because he basically ruled over Redania with Philippa for a long time.

Neither in the books nor games, Mahakam sided with the Scoia'tael.
Like I said, and as we all know, Scoia'tael isn't a kingdom. It is a group of non-human species (mainly elves and dwarfs who claim to be the original inhabitants of their planet, as opposed to the humans who teleported there) who feel outcasted (which is relatively true as seen throughout the games), and mainly reside in the Northern Kingdoms and Nilfgaard Empire. Of course, having Mahakam in the Scoia'tael faction in Gwent is simply to have enough cards, obviously. They wouldn't fit (relatively as well) in any other factions anyway.

In the books the Mahakam Volunteer Army fought at the side of the Northernrealms against Nilfgaard and thus against the Scoia'tael.
Again, just because the MVA joined hands with the NR to fight NG doesn't makes them anti-Scoia'tael. It's simplifying a situation (made complicated on purpose) to prove your point. I don't mean that the Mahakam Kingdom could or would support the ST, though. For ST, it's about the species more, and not the empire. So, they'd want a political situation where the humans fight and kill themselves, thus reducing their numbers, is all.

Concering Iorveth, he was never the leader of the Scoia'tael, he was only the leader of one Commando, which was the last to survive. Nonetheless the Vrihedd Brigade which was let by Isengrim was a lot more famous and important, so if any of them would become a leader, it should be Isengrim.
This is a much better point.

Also I like the suggested idea of making Dijkstra a NR leader, because he basically ruled over Redania with Philippa for a long time.
No, Djikstra is a Spy. Although, it would be interesting to have a Spy Leader. But we already have NG' Trump (don't remember his name) for that.

@4RM3D @devivre Still not going to edit the spelling mistakes in the title? :p

If you name the Elves/Dwarf Faction Scoi'tael on Gwent, you can't deny that Iovert had to be among the leaders for at least. Make sense?

The problem is that more then half of the bronze cards of SC faction are not part of SC. They're just regular regiments from Dol Blatana or Makhakam. The paths here would be:

-Make Iorveth a leader, and rename all the bronze card to fit the SC theme ((but you'll also need to replace all the leaders, except Filavandrel)
-Rename SC faction to something like "non human kingdoms" and Iorveth remains a gold card.

Francesca and Eithne aren't completly unjustified in the ST faction. The ST were always supported by Francesca until she had no use anymore for them and backstabbed them. But as the faction should be mainly placed before the treaty of Cintra, Francesca belongs there as a leader.

And while Eithné never officially supported them either she allowed at least the elves of the ST to enter the Brokilon and get better.

So if we expand the ST to all non-humans rebelling against human domination(this includes Dryads, basically all not town-elves) and their supporters(Hawkers, and parts of the Halflings, Gnomes and Dwarves), we get a pretty good representation of the ST faction. Nonetheless Mahakam will remain a problem and there is nothing that can really change that except moving it to NR, which doesn't make much sense from Gwent perspective.

But if we are already discussing potential leaders for ST, we could also discuss, which leaders could be introduced in the future. While I think that the current leaders all make sense, it is worth considering the future. MO already an extra leader, Demavend is pretty much sure for NR, but who would make most sense for ST?
Iorveth and Isengrim were both two famous ST Commando leader and could both change from a gold to a leader in the future. The biggest problem that I see with that is that both have already two gold cards and I think it is unlikely that a leader is a gold at the same time, as well as that one of their golds get removed.
My other choice would be Saskia, but she also has a lot of versions of herself in the game.

Yea Hoog is a super questionable inclusion for ST as a leader. He forbade dwarves from joining.

Insengrim would probably be my first choice.

The problem remains with Hoog, Mahakam remained neutral during the great war, and most of non Mahakam dwarves fought on the north realm side (at least there is no records of mercenaries fighting for Nilfgaard). No dwarves fought for the nilfgaardian Scoiatael, as it was purely an elf force. That's a thing that i've always found strange in the games, the dwarves joined with their yesterdays enemies.

As for Franscesca, I don't think she supported the Scoiatael, event before the treaty of Cintra. She had to give men to the Nilfgardian army, to assure the independence of Dol Blathan, but a scene in the book shows that she was against that idea, and did it under constraint. So, it's not a big surprise that Dol Blathan preferred to forget about the Scoia after the war, which in turn, turned into an informal organisation (and declared them criminals if I remeber well).

For ST leaders, I believe Dana Meadbh could be a great leader, but i don't know how canon she is.
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Dana_Méadbh

I also wonder if Toussaint is gonna to appear in the game, and on what side he would be.

Francesca was the one bringing the ST group to Thanedd. She might not have agreed with everything they did, but she shared common goals.

As we don't really know what gods are, I would find it strange bringing them into the game. Lille as her medium could work, but I don't think that she should be a leader.
What about Alerienn? She let the elves into battle, and even if she is a historic character, she is already part of the game.
Also, I don't find Ida too far fetched as a leader. She is one of the Aen Saevherne, which were extremly rare and special. I don't find it unlikely that she was even more powerful than Francesca. Her silver card at the moment doesn't really fit her at all.

Toussaint was confirmed to be part of NG and will be added in the future. A couple of their (likely) artworks can be already seen in the forum.

Top Bottom