Why isn't patch 1.09 still there

+
Why isn't patch 1.09 still there

Why isn't patch 1.09 still there, there are so many memory leak glitches in Witcher 3 still. Everytime I try to play it with my GTX960 sound disappears, mapparts are sometimes not loaded, enemies appear only at random, inventory items don't show, fire magic isn't visible first time etc. And then the game hangs horribly with the visibiliy on far.

The game is nice and stable. And I completed it already on an older GTX650TI 1GB with patch 1.06 on lower settings. Game ran fine.

But now with the new graphics card, GTX960 4GB, patch 1.08 runs aweful. I am struggling with it for months now.

Why and then WHY hasn't CD Projektred fixed this. It gets so tiring when such a great game becomes such a horrible disaster game. Just because they don't solve it in time. The millions are in, why isn't the full team including Nvidia help solving this whole thing. This is more important than an expansion pack. It's quiet for way too long.

People paid for a good working game and not some hanging and glitching lump. I like to play and enjoy it without having to worry about all sorts of stuff going wrong. There has been enough input from members how to solve things in the game.

CD Projektred, shame yourself big, this is NOT how you treat your loyal gamers! Do something.

1.09 hasn't been released yet. Not sure what you you found, but it wasn't official.

And yep, I've had a rough time since 1.08.3, especially in the graphics department. The reason 1.09 hasn't been released yet is because there's a lot of work to do, and it's very difficult to do it -- especially between three different platforms simultaneously. The situation is not as simple as, "I feel inconvenienced, so fix it now, please." (I'll put it this way: if it's so simple to just patch things up, you go do it. I'm sure CDPR will have a job waiting for you afterwards.)

I agree with your statement about them being more vocal and keeping the public updated; that would be nice.

What you are describing it way out of the ordinary mang, I doubt 1.09 will fix it. Sounds a lot more like system-specific issues.

What you are describing it way out of the ordinary mang, I doubt 1.09 will fix it. Sounds a lot more like system-specific issues.

DXMG is right, it most likely is a system issue that you're experiencing right now. 1.09 might release with the Heart of Stone DLC ? On the other hand give CDPR some time, they're working their ass off. I think it would benefit the majority if we wait a long time to get the patch rather than having it rushed. After all we want as many glitches/bugs patched as possible,no?

I'll third the system issue thing. I've heard of everything you're describing, but I don't think I've ever seen all of the issues simultaneously. Are you experiencing any sort of graphical issues in any other titles?

My system is fine and fast: 3770K at 4400mhz very stable with higher voltage than needed and Noctua cooling stays in 60s degrees Celcius, GTX960 4GB running standard values, 8GB RAM standard values, tried 3-4 graphics drivers but no difference between them. I play at 1920x1080.

I played my first go with same computer only a GTX650TI which was just enough for the game. Had some things on lower settings and with 25-30fps I played through versions 1.01-1.06 and completed the game without stutters or out of sync things at all. Experience was game runs fine as a whole.

Most I have since 1.08 is the sound disappearing sometimes and if I put frames to max 60fps the frametimes sometimes go over 66ms (I play Witcher 3 with the showframes setting on so I can always watch what the game is doing). I try for higher options than the GTX650TI obviously but have been through so many combinations of settings. And if I try for higher settings at 1080p, things like the world map parts appear black (so image isn't loading). And sometime item pictures and magic aren't visible either.

My card runs fine in other games, am playing MGSV now too and no problems so far.

So to me it's the Witcher 3 haven't their scripts running smoothly much.:(

I wish I could offer you some help, but it sounds like you have a corrupted installation. I know there are issues with texture draw rates for everyone, but the inventory and map issues you're describing (which are 2D assets) definitely lead me to believe that you've got corrupted data, somehow. (I can confirm that I have never experienced those issues over 2 playthroughs, and I am not experiencing them now.) Are you using (or have you ever used) any mods?

If it was hardware-related, you would definitely have encountered some sort of problem with another title. At least you don't have to worry about that!

My system is fine and fast: 3770K at 4400mhz very stable with higher voltage than needed and Noctua cooling stays in 60s degrees Celcius, GTX960 4GB running standard values, 8GB RAM standard values, tried 3-4 graphics drivers but no difference between them. I play at 1920x1080.

I played my first go with same computer only a GTX650TI which was just enough for the game. Had some things on lower settings and with 25-30fps I played through versions 1.01-1.06 and completed the game without stutters or out of sync things at all. Experience was game runs fine as a whole.

Most I have since 1.08 is the sound disappearing sometimes and if I put frames to max 60fps the frametimes sometimes go over 66ms (I play Witcher 3 with the showframes setting on so I can always watch what the game is doing). I try for higher options than the GTX650TI obviously but have been through so many combinations of settings. And if I try for higher settings at 1080p, things like the world map parts appear black (so image isn't loading). And sometime item pictures and magic aren't visible either.

My card runs fine in other games, am playing MGSV now too and no problems so far.

So to me it's the Witcher 3 haven't their scripts running smoothly much.:(

1. Engine of TW3 doesn't like OC'd GPU

I dont get the "defense" aspect here. people always say the same thing - my system is fine!! it runs everything else fine!!!

You have a game that is clearly working fine for the vast majority of users (with plenty of known issues, yes, but not nearly the ones you are having) and yet when it doesnt work on your system, you instantly assume its the game. Cant be your system, it runs everything else fine!

You even went form a working game to a non working game, after you changed multiple variables on the system, and still wont even entertain the possibility that something got screwed up along the way, as it does daily on any number of perfectly working systems.

Have you actually tried anything in terms of local troubleshooting?

Validate game files?

Reinstall the game?

Reinstall C/VC/.NET runtimes?

reinstall DirectX from a redist?

back off your OC?

Move the game to the root of a drive?

Run it directly as admin?

Try any of the NVCP tweaks?

And as a side note - this is currently the most advanced 3D game on the planet, so it will reveal weaknesses that other games wont. Yet another reason that "everything else runs fine" is meaningless in this context.

And this! This is a very important first step to consider.

This is news to me. My GTX 980 is slightly OC'd via MSI Afterburner and TW3 runs fine. In fact, I picked up an average 7-8 frames. This is just my personal experience. Are people having issues with OC'ing their GPU's with TW3? Point me in the right direction to do more reading on?

This is news to me. My GTX 980 is slightly OC'd via MSI Afterburner and TW3 runs fine. In fact, I picked up an average 7-8 frames. This is just my personal experience. Are people having issues with OC'ing their GPU's with TW3? Point me in the right direction to do more reading on?
What means 'slightly'? I also play with OC'd hardware CPU FX8350 OC'd to stable 4.4 GHz and 280(x) to stable 1050/1500 of 1100/1500 (standard 1000+100 boost) for TW3. But it's not an overclock. FX8350 can work with higher voltage at 4.5GHz and 280(x) (not my rev.) at 1200+/1700+. But as I said, stable OC for TW3 are 4.4 for CPU and 1050/1500. It's kinda ridiculous to call it OC.

I have not had any OC problems myself.... not that I OC a lot, but started on a 2 core CPU OCed from 3.2 to 4.1Ghz, a Radeon R7 OCed 18% in CCC, then to a GTX960 which I am now running at 1550/3700 via Afterburner, which gained me a good 10FPS almost anywhere. Just enough to put my high/ultra settings combo up to solid 60FPS.

My i3 (stock 3.7) runs up to 3.9 for some reason I dont get - it has no Boost.

Top Bottom