Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
No GG for netdeckers. My goodness, these people have no shame. And what's more worrying, is the amount of them.

netdecking is the sole reason people craft new cards, even cdpr is in the boat with net decking even dedicating a specific function for it

Last edited:
So basically you're not GGing past rank 3 ? :think:

I haven't even reached rank 3 and constantly face decks, that I've already seen dozens of times already, so no, it's not the case of higher ranks only. Even the seasonal mode, which I often play, are not free of netdecks. 1 week into a new season and the game is overrun with 2-3 of the same decks.

Well i am not GGing for a lot of things, and of course i dont expect ppl giving me GG.

But i can list a lot of things

- scenários - dont give GG
- heatwave - dont giive GG
- NG - only a really diferent deck, otherwise, i dont give GG
- bleeding me in second round if i am using a meme deck (and thats obviously) i dont give GG.
- Schirru - dont give GG
- Keltullis - dont give GG
- Ciri nova - only if i get something different them the 2 or 3 decks everyone using, otherwise, i dont give GG

Well, basically i am almost dont giving GG to anyone.

I love to use meme decks, diferents things, and all i can get its the same boring decks took from internet.

I am playing meme decks in ranked games, since ive already reached pro rank, for me doesnt matter lose a game, because i know i wont be competitive to participate to "the opens". So for me, win ranked games its only to get more RPs in the end of the seasonal and conclude the contracts.

If i lose 10 games, but wins 2 and thats enought to the end of seasonal i conclude the contracts, for me thats ok, i dont mind.

And i think ppl should do the same, should know "the opens" are not for everyone and try to have more fun in the game.

So if everyone is conscious about that, we wil have more diferent decks and diferent games and of course one of the players will win and the other will lose, but its still going to be a good game.

So, even if i win, if my opponent used the same shit i see everytime i dont give GG.

PS: of course sometimes i use some meta decks, i dont play only meme decks, and if i use that i dont expect to receive GG neither.

Well i am not GGing for a lot of things, and of course i dont expect ppl giving me GG.

But i can list a lot of things

- heatwave - dont giive GG
- NG - only a really diferent deck, otherwise, i dont give GG
- bleeding me in second round if i am using a meme deck (and thats obviously) i dont give GG.
- Schirru - dont give GG
- Keltullis - dont give GG
- Ciri nova - only if i get something different them the 2 or 3 decks everyone using, otherwise, i dont give GG

Well, basically i am almost dont giving GG to anyone.

I love to use meme decks, diferents things, and all i can get its the same boring decks took from internet.

I am playing meme decks in ranked games, since ive already reached pro rank, for me doesnt matter lose a game, because i know i wont be competitive to participate to "the opens". So for me, win ranked games its only to get more RPs in the end of the seasonal and conclude the contracts.

If i lose 10 games, but wins 2 and thats enought to the end of seasonal i conclude the contracts, for me thats ok, i dont mind.

And i think ppl should do the same, should know "the opens" are not for everyone and try to have more fun in the game.

So if everyone is conscious about that, we wil have more diferent decks and diferent games and of course one of the players will win and the other will lose, but its still going to be a good game.

So, even if i win, if my opponent used the same shit i see everytime i dont give GG.

PS: of course sometimes i use some meta decks, i dont play only meme decks, and if i use that i dont expect to receive GG neither.

Well, I think the same way.
Btw we've just played against at 2300mmr

:beer:

so you’re opposed to an entire class of cards? Maybe carry a heaver?

Not giving/getting a GG should be a rarity, not the norm because people feel “offended”. If the opponent’s deck plays a scenario while you weren’t carrying artifact removal doesn’t mean it was a “bad game”, it just means you need to modify your deck.

Not giving/getting a GG should be a rarity, not the norm because people feel “offended”. If the opponent’s deck plays a scenario while you weren’t carrying artifact removal doesn’t mean it was a “bad game”, it just means you need to modify your deck.
There are some of us who strongly believe certain cards ruin the gaming experience — I for one will not play scenarios, Cahir, Maraal, Oneiromancy, Amphibious Assault, Blood Eagle, or Yennifer’s Invocation because they are game ruining — and although I will still give GG, I honestly don’t appreciate when my opponents run them. Call it a matter of ethics — if the developers don’t care enough about the playing experience to do something about bad cards, we as players should. Some of the cards on my boycott list may be arguably ok; it is fine for other players to disagree. But it is never ok to malign a deck built on principles of fun and fairness; decks which will neither play nor tech against cards that should not exist.

Last edited:
Not giving/getting a GG should be a rarity, not the norm because people feel “offended”.
What if I feel "offended" by certain playstyles such as Double Ball, Passiflora or Triple Duel? Or, indeed, by blatant netdecking without a shade of player's input?
Note that these are very ubiquitous. Oh, also mill. Isn't even good, but clearly always is an attempt at griefing.

People who pick this kind or aggravating deck obviously don't care about their opponent's feelings, so it's only proper to express your disdain of their playstyle.

I've already stated my opinion in a previous post of mine so i'll just add this.
I don't think it's unfair to play scenarios or certain cards like Cahir, it's what you choose to do with them.

- For example with NG you play Cahir and use letho to copy him, playing ball more than once.

- Playing with MO and filling your enemy's board with rats and then consume em after your oponent has lost.

- Tactics like that are undeserving of GG imo cause it's not "smartplay" it's just you exploiting the game's limitations, yes you're allowed to do so but don't expect nothing but disdain in return and rightfully so.

- Also to players that keep on saying "just play the heaver" on and on in response to bouble ball,
I say NO, if i play the heaver just for NG I change my deck from devotion to neutral, how am I supposed to play what I like to play when all I can do is make a reactionary to bs deck.

- In conclusion, I have no prob if tomorrow the scenarios were removed from the game but if the devs choose to do that they should add something to compensate, NG needs it's ball the way things are atm, just not double. Same goes for other factions and lastly I will agree with the previous posts, GGs are earned.

So if i am right you are telling ME what I should judge a Good Game?

So YOU decide if I have to enjoy a match?

GG its worthy when the game is cool, when its a good game.

The best you can do its say to me that i should stop playing so, if 90% of the matches for me its not a GG. For that i will agreee with you, i am almost stoping playing, i had 2 goals, one was reach in pro rank and the other its get all the cards. Since i already reached pro and almost get all the cards i will problably stop playing.

And a lot of my decks has bomb heaver. But lets be honest, 90% of decks with bomb heaver exist because there is double ball. So you need to put bomb heaver, and then you need to put oneiromanci or tactical decision, and them you change your entire deck because one card and maybe you are going to face others deck who doesnt even plays cenarios.

and to people dont say i am hypocritical, I am using a lot of those meta decks. I cant lose all the games and feel tired to try new things and get the same over and over and over. So in the last few days, since i whant to complete the seasonal contract i am playing a lot with meta decks.

But for me, thats ruins the entires game

I don't give GG to opponents who continue to play their cards after I have passed & lossed.
If you've already won the game, it is just plain rude, should be considered bad manners,& poor sportsmanship.
Now I realize that Gwent isn't a sport, but all sports ARE games. I think there should be a penalty for poor sportsmanship during a match!

If you're one of the many people who continue to pummel your opponent after you win, & rub their faces in your victory, don't except a GG from me! I don't mind loosing, but seriously, didn't your mothers teach you good manners? Didn't your sports Coaches teach you good sportsmanship? To those of you who are guilty of this behavior..... I hope your all completely ashamed of yourselves. I doubt you will be though. smh

I don't give GG to opponents who continue to play their cards after I have passed & lossed.
If you've already won the game, it is just plain rude, should be considered bad manners,& poor sportsmanship.
Now I realize that Gwent isn't a sport, but all sports ARE games. I think there should be a penalty for poor sportsmanship during a match!

If you're one of the many people who continue to pummel your opponent after you win, & rub their faces in your victory, don't except a GG from me! I don't mind loosing, but seriously, didn't your mothers teach you good manners? Didn't your sports Coaches teach you good sportsmanship? To those of you who are guilty of this behavior..... I hope your all completely ashamed of yourselves. I doubt you will be though. smh

It's probably not personal. Sometimes I'll do this to finish a quest (play X units/special cards) or to finish a contract (finish a round with no cards on your enemy's board). I try to be as fast as possible, and always send a GG afterwards. Also, I don't think I've ever done this in ranked.

That's why you should forfeit instead of passing if you think you already lost. If you forfeit the game ends instantly and he can't stop it. But if you just pass, he is free to do what he wants. You can even forfeit after passing. :p I do that if I see the guy is taking his time BUT HAS ONLY ONE CARD IN HIS HAND AND I PASSSED. :]
To forfeit on PC you press Esc and click on Forfeit, to do it on mobile phone, you press the return button and the game will ask you if you want to forfeit.

If you're one of the many people who continue to pummel your opponent after you win, & rub their faces in your victory, don't except a GG from me! I don't mind loosing, but seriously, didn't your mothers teach you good manners? Didn't your sports Coaches teach you good sportsmanship? To those of you who are guilty of this behavior..... I hope your all completely ashamed of yourselves. I doubt you will be though.
There are several problems with your objection — mainly that you are stereotyping behavior inappropriately. I will sometimes play a card or two after my opponent passes because that is quicker than calculating boosts and bleeding to make sure I remain ahead. Or there is an ST trap that can boost units after I pass. Then there may be quests I am trying to complete. Or maybe I want to see how a certain card acts in a situation I cannot easily set up.

Always attributing the worst motives to an opponent is worse sportsmanship than flaunting a victory.

Just for clarification, I play ranked matches 99% of the time.
There are several problems with your objection — mainly that you are stereotyping behavior inappropriately. I will sometimes play a card or two after my opponent passes because that is quicker than calculating boosts and bleeding to make sure I remain ahead. Or there is an ST trap that can boost units after I pass. Then there may be quests I am trying to complete. Or maybe I want to see how a certain card acts in a situation I cannot easily set up.

Always attributing the worst motives to an opponent is worse sportsmanship than flaunting a victory.
Ummm I can only state what I see

Top Bottom