Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
I've only ever intentionally not given a GG once... OK, maybe two or three times, but they've all been in similar situations to this; - oppo was taunting every turn and was playing a meme deck which I didn't know about at the time and into who's trap I walked without realising... so yeah.... if you play like that then don't expect any GG from me... and I could care less if that sounds "unsportsman like" as generally if you're up against someone playing a meme deck and you can shut them down they generally quit and give you nothing in return either...

Clxmj;n9981651 said:
I hope CDPR will add a title for people who don't GG, I can wear mine with pride then so I won't get pity/sarcastic GG's. People GG expecting one back, I could care less if we both get them.
me too

but if you are forced to gg everytime to not get that title what would be the purpose of this gg function? you could as well rename it "give 5 ore" or better just remove it and give automatically 5.

Last edited:
Pruny;n10205292 said:
I cant gg to netdeckers.

Well, the variety currently is so low, that even if you do not netdeck, but would like to win some, you will end up with a more or less copied deck. Last season I had a pretty unique deck that was good until rank 18, but winrate there went down to 52%, so it was really hard to advance any further...

I don't GG when the force of nature requires I run to the toilet immediately and have to forfeit the match even when I'm winning.

when i pass and give up and the other guy just keeps playing his cards i never give gg. because thats real unsportsmanship.

Same. That's just going for the overkill while we are supposed to wait for their majesty to finish playing their cards. We've passed and did not forfeit to let you savor the moment of victory for a bit more, it's a favor dammit :p I forfeit if they do that when the match is theirs and only GG if they GG first in that case.

The only play I don't GG ever, no matter what is players who win the coinflip and their first 2 moves are CA Spy and Summoning Circle. That's just something I can't stand. That's taking abuse of the game's mechanics to another level.

I usually GG. Rarely, I'm feeling so sore and down over a total roflstomp by some deck I could never beat without spending serious cash, that I forget in my rush to move on from the experience :p

In the past, i GG'ed like 95% of the matches, there had to be a good reason not to GG. Nowadays, every little detail makes me not GG out of spite - 'oh, you played that emote at the end? No GG for you' or "Ciri Nova finisher? That's BS!" (even though i use it too).

I think i may have some anger issues, i apologize to everyone who deserved those ungiven GGs...

Nowadays, every little detail makes me not GG out of spite.

I think i may have some anger issues, i apologize to everyone who deserved those ungiven GGs...

God I thought I was the only one :p I get pissed more easily nowadays xD Guilty as charged, while generally I GG most of the time, by a great margin, there are some little details that can piss me off quite a lot :p At least it never happens when I win xD (And with me too, sorry for any deserved GGs that I didn't give to you due to being pissed off :p )

The problem is that some people just have bad manners. I did not get a GG from a guy that was playing Dwarves, when I was playing werewolves and he won and I was sitting like "what is his problem? I did not use hailstorm, I did not play weather offensively, I did not play more than one CA spy, I do not play any annoying archetype, I am not netdecking and in the end, he is, and he won anyway" :p

Entitlement issues among younger players (teens) is one of the reasons. They put all that (non) hard work into milling cards and netdecking the metadeck they like/can get. Then hte belief they will win easily which, they may well do. I just played a dorf deck uncannily enough having asked about it yesterday. There last card R3 was the potion that damages up 6 units by 2 whihc left him 2 points ahead.

My last card was Nova....(forfeit) so...no gg given either way.

Alrinaq;n10198432 said:
If I play against dwarves decks or some other super op deck, I never GG, it doesn´t matter if I win or lose. Im not gonna reward those who are destroying the health of the game. You want to play OP decks, ok, but do not expect me to applaud you.

And I never reward people using emotes during the match, all the time, trying to upset you.

Spoken like you read my mind. Thank you.

I do not like those who play OP net-decks (e.g. Dwarves) , reach Master or higher. Yes, it's the "state of the game" right now, but it's also a choice. Besides, I just don't understand those who derive satisfaction from an autopilot deck, to which they have no intellectual contribution.

As for trash talkers, which is something I never do BTW, I want to provide an anecdote:

Last month, I was playing against an opponent using the Queensguard deck. For reference, we were both same rank (19) and around the same level, and I was playing a NR deck with a decent amount of control. (I always play NR, btw) I knew what was coming the second he "Operatored" a QG into my hand. I had a poor draw and knew I'd have to take R1, and so I did. R2, I tried to push the Priestesses out of his hand by continuing the round despite the fact I was at card disadvantage; I knew going into R3 I'd be in trouble if that didn't happen. Well, it didn't, and I lost.

Right after the game this guy sends me a friend request. I accepted. Out-of-the-gate, he went on to insult me concerning my tactics, telling me I "couldn't know" he still had Priestesses in his hand in R2, after I tried to explain why I pushed him in R2. (He DID have a Priestess, as evidenced by his insta-win in R3 by summoning the QGs)

So, here was a net-decking opponent who decided it was proper to insult my tactics after a ranked match. We were both the same rank, and here is the kicker: I don't net-deck, and I play (arguably) the weakest faction.

There.. just had to get it off my chest! Lol.

Dorf players will never get a GG out of me. I constantly run into players who like to spam emote just before using Hattori/Barclay combo, like they REALLY think they're clever for doing it. Screw 'em. No GG no rematch. Get lost.

People who run the NG knight buff deck get no love either. I also don't GG anyone who wins by runestoning into the perfect counter for the situation, which is happening too often.

I'm sad, man. The Meta's involved in such a way that I feel ripped off about 60% of the time I lose, not that I got outplayed by better deck construction or counterplay.

so if you where roflstomped by +20 lvl player you still need to send gg?
Feels like in all gaming community good game lost its meaning

There are certain rules I follow for giving good game. If we had fun made comments back and forth is a gg. If opponent plays a fresh deck is a gg. If opponent loses I gg.. However if opponent plays a crap net deck without changing at least two cards no gg. If they won but play out more cards instead of passing is a no gg. If a opponent uses 25 point handbuffs and spotters no gg.... Mainly as long as it was fun I give a gg. I notice when a opponent forfeits it locks up my rewards screen and can't give a gg, also can't see ranking points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom