Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
I dont know if it was the weird hours i play at or the fact im also playing a memey deck and matchmaking might take that into account, but im actually finding more meme/original decks on Ranked than Casual.
These past two seasons I met a lot of newer players in casual. They tend to focus on siege, harmony, thrive or deathwish but fortunately the older players I meet tend to go for meme or unusual strategies.

im actually finding more meme/original decks on Ranked than Casual
I will give it a try then, maybe the memes kick in after 5.

I dont know if it was the weird hours i play at or the fact im also playing a memey deck and matchmaking might take that into account, but im actually finding more meme/original decks on Ranked than Casual.

Not sure, but when I reached those levels I was starting to get tired of my decks and I started to experiment with more decks, including gimmick decks. It was at rank 5 I came up with both my Witcher deck (actually a good deck) and my Nilfgaard milling deck.

I guess others might be in a similar situation. Or just have gained enough experience to be able to really experiment with some rather unusual decks.

I send a GG if it's a good game, win or lose. Which usually means no GG to:
-Caretaker
-Pretty much all of NG ( :D with the exception of some almost interesting double-cross decks)
-MEcho Harmony
-A particularly gruesome draw of NR golds that require nothing aside from being plopped down on the board to wipe me out.
-If I made an especially stupid mistake.

Amount of GG's when winning dropping significantly after a certain level?

I'm level 23 now and tonight I've been noticing when winning I'm barely getting GG's anymore, especially when I've dominated the opponent or turned the game significantly with my last card left. Before I would always default a GG win or lose unless they forfeit right at the beginning or something, now though I'm beginning to think about it when I win because I don't want to GG someone who doesn't do the same in return. Seems like a case of sore losers because the winners still always GG.

I know the nature of the GG system is that it's a choice, just seems now I'm a higher level a noticeable amount of people have stopped doing it when they lose..

Just an observation really, not necessarily a complaint.

i never give GG's to Nilfgaard faction players - just because at this point it's an abuse of this way too OP imbalanced faction... are you also abusing the Nilfgaard deck to demolish all other factions? maybe that's why no one is giving GG's to you anymore? Lmao...

i never give GG's to Nilfgaard faction players - just because at this point it's an abuse of this way too OP imbalanced faction... are you also abusing the Nilfgaard deck to demolish all other factions? maybe that's why no one is giving GG's to you anymore? Lmao...

Nilfgaard is not overpowered and imbalanced. The problem is with a few gold cards that can be replayed too many times.

Gold replay is not a good thing, except as an exception. Other than that, Nilfgaard is fine.

Nilfgaard is not overpowered and imbalanced. The problem is with a few gold cards that can be replayed too many times.

Gold replay is not a good thing, except as an exception. Other than that, Nilfgaard is fine.
maybe you are right, it's a few cards in the NG deck that need to be upgrade to higher provision, so that they can't play them over and over, and can't have way too many of them in their decks... for the cost of their cards, they can have way too many tactic cards in their deck and it makes them way OP over any other faction...

maybe you are right, it's a few cards in the NG deck that need to be upgrade to higher provision, so that they can't play them over and over, and can't have way too many of them in their decks... for the cost of their cards, they can have way too many tactic cards in their deck and it makes them way OP over any other faction...

I don't think a higher provision is the solution, but rather some other things like giving Stefan Skellen and Damien de la Tour doom and smaller bodies after their order has been used to minimize the chance of them being used more than once.

I'm not sure about the exact solution and how to solve it, but there should be a priority to make it way more difficult to use them more than once.

I don't think a higher provision is the solution, but rather some other things like giving Stefan Skellen and Damien de la Tour doom and smaller bodies after their order has been used to minimize the chance of them being used more than once.

I'm not sure about the exact solution and how to solve it, but there should be a priority to make it way more difficult to use them more than once.
1 use and then Banish itself... doesn't sound to hard to solve

1 use and then Banish itself... doesn't sound to hard to solve

Well, Damien is a decent card with 5 body and replay leader once. If he had no body it would become a bad card. But yea, something need to change about replaying those cards over and over, but it's not a simple solution.

Well, Damien is a decent card with 5 body and replay leader once. If he had no body it would become a bad card. But yea, something need to change about replaying those cards over and over, but it's not a simple solution.
Beta Gwent had a simple solution - silver cards. They were treated differently to gold cards. It was therefore possible to only allow silver cards to be tutored / replayed , etc. and not gold cards. So many of the current balance problems could have been avoided if that option still existed.

Beta Gwent had a simple solution - silver cards. They were treated differently to gold cards. It was therefore possible to only allow silver cards to be tutored / replayed , etc. and not gold cards. So many of the current balance problems could have been avoided if that option still existed.

Yeah, sounds about right. Why did they remove silver cards?

Perhaps it would indeed help to re-introduce silver cards.

"I only gg if I think the opponent played well"

I've changed my GG policy now. I almost never give GG, I only GG if I think the opponent played well ;)

No broken/OP cards/meta GG's (various)
No netdecking GG's
No defender GG's
No low unit deck GG's
+++

Basically I only GG players who can actually play the game with their own decks and do it in a fun way without trying to find the worst exploits in the game.

Amount of GG's when winning dropping significantly after a certain level?

I'm level 23 now and tonight I've been noticing when winning I'm barely getting GG's anymore, especially when I've dominated the opponent or turned the game significantly with my last card left. Before I would always default a GG win or lose unless they forfeit right at the beginning or something, now though I'm beginning to think about it when I win because I don't want to GG someone who doesn't do the same in return. Seems like a case of sore losers because the winners still always GG.

I know the nature of the GG system is that it's a choice, just seems now I'm a higher level a noticeable amount of people have stopped doing it when they lose..

Just an observation really, not necessarily a complaint.
GG=good game, if player doesn't think that it was good game, well he doesn't give GG
Post automatically merged:

Just stop using balance glitches. Say "no" to monster deck, NR deck and scoya deck too. Play Skellige, its absolutely underpowered now, and you will recieve GG every battle.
I'm using Monster deck and barely can win 1 fight from 15

I don't GG when the game doesn't feel fun for me (or) if I'm just not having a good time for any reason unrelated to the other player.

Gameplay that destroys my strategy, basically disabling my ability to play or do anything isn't fun.

Examples of things that don't feel fun:

-lock all my cards, and/or my leader abilities, and/or who siege and use all my cards against me (worse if they do ALL of these). This makes basically the round unplayable for me, esp. if the rest of my cards don't work against this specific faction. (I sometimes just straight up forfeit because it's that unenjoyable for me)

-playing the the same faction as me (with rare exceptions), ex. if by playing them I learned something new about my faction I didn't know before, then I GG.

-whose deck is simply better and overpowering than mine i.e. we have an imbalanced deck (if I didn't stand a chance, then it's simply not fun)

The majority of people I don't GG are Nilfgaard and Syndicate, Northern Realms is also included in that list but I don't see them nearly as much as I do Nilfgaard and Syndicate to remember what they do that I don't like. It's not fun to play against them most of the time. And when I get around to playing those factions for the achievements it's going to feel really dirty.

Also sometimes I don't GG because:

-In the beginning I didn't know what GG was or how to do it (there wasn't a tutorial on GG sportsmanship). I thought the game was just giving me GG not the player.

-I'm just having a bad day and overwhelmed juggling my family and responsibilities, sometimes I don't remember to GG or just am not feeling good/having fun in general.

-I'm burnt out and not enjoying the game because I played too long trying 'to grind', and neglected my other duties on that day.

Please note, I don't actually mind losing and learning from my loss, but for the most part I don't GG when it feels unfair, like I didn't even have a chance, where no amount of 'good strategy/gameplay' would have allowed me to win, short of changing my deck entirely to cards I don't have and have to 'grind' to get. (Something I can't even do until the auto-mill problem is fixed).

I just started playing this week and I keep getting destroyed by people with much stronger decks than mine, and even though I GG despite having no chance, half of the time they don't even GG back. What's up with these [...] that they don't even have the decency to GG after destroying a new player who barely has more than the starting decks??

Edited. -Draconifors

Last edited by a moderator:
My no-GG list:
- NG double scenario / poison spam
- cards stealing - be it Enslave, Sweers, Muzzle, Shupe, Philippa
- taunts - especially when they are used to ridicule or humiliate your opponent
- time wasting - when I run out of cards and lost already, but the opponent decides to waste both our time and keeps playing with himself - no matter what his motivation is, be it for challenge, or to humiliate the opponent or to show off.

Top Bottom