Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
These days I GG maybe 1 game in 5.
I don't care about ore.
GG is supposed to be a minor reward for a good game. So, bring it on!

I just started playing this week and I keep getting destroyed by people with much stronger decks than mine, and even though I GG despite having no chance, half of the time they don't even GG back. What's up with these [...] that they don't even have the decency to GG after destroying a new player who barely has more than the starting decks??

Edited. -Draconifors

Gameifying GGs is BS. I thought you only gave them...if you played a good game!

I often give GGs but sometimes I wait to see if someone gives me one first. It does suck if I wait a few seconds for one, nothing happens, so I leave the screen...and a few seconds later I get a GG notification!
Post automatically merged:

My no-GG list:
- NG double scenario / poison spam
- cards stealing - be it Enslave, Sweers, Muzzle, Shupe, Philippa
- taunts - especially when they are used to ridicule or humiliate your opponent
- time wasting - when I run out of cards and lost already, but the opponent decides to waste both our time and keeps playing with himself - no matter what his motivation is, be it for challenge, or to humiliate the opponent or to show off.

Sometimes I can be guilty of what you call 'time wasting', but to be fair, sometimes you are chasing daily or seasonal challenges, so you just have to grind out a game even though you are no chance of winning.

Don't take a lack of GG as a slight. I generally GG, especially after I win (even if the game was boring/bad), to at least reward them for "playing it out". But many take it literaly: if the game wasn't "good", they don't give a good game. This is a bit sour if you get smashed 2-0 by a top tier deck, playing a casual deck on "casual" (oh, the humanity). But technically the game wasn't "good" as it was extremely lopsided. You can ask yourself what possesses people to play tier1 decks in casual, but I stopped contemplating these things as it doesn't matter. In the end, people play whatever they feel like.

@Gimme_a_break : You're free to make your own list in your head, but yours seems a bit excessive.
- Taunts: turn them off then if you don't like it? Taunts are great for immersion.
- Timewasting: just quit? There's no penalty to do so afaik. You realize there's quests and missions to do?

Last edited:
**etc**

I got a deck that "tries" to do the double Ball gimmick, and it's my first semi-decent deck and the only one (total noob here :)). . And I won't get another one anytime soon - to progress and try all the "more sophisticated" stuff - because ppl like you don't give gg to help me get resources.

You really don't 'need' 5 scraps, but it helps - as does everything. I would put myself in your position because I think we're not dissimilar in time played, etc but I'd say the following:

Do quests for points. That'll help.

Keep experimenting and learning. Keep going. I think if you try other decks and play with them a bit you can learn a lot from losing and watching others' play as long as they play in a proper fashion i.e. reactive/adaptive.

People who automatically don't 'GG' might wish to re-think. Even against a netdeck if the opponent has played well, rather than to order, I'll give one. I do lose probably more games than most people on this game by far. I'd look at the game in context, work out the opposition, etc. In my case, in the (has it ever happened?) event that I'd won 2-0, I'd definitely give a GG. Partly, and to be honest here, because if you lose to me 2-0 you need all the help you can get. In fact, I think it should be a condition of the game that if the above is the case you should get 1000 ore as well!

I always GG, unless I am either up against Lockdown (although I sometimes accidentally GG'd them) or am up against an opponent who keeps playing after having won.
So unless my opponent bms majorly or tries to needlessly dumb down the game (only Lockdown qualifies for that) I will GG, which is propably >90%.

Confessions of a sore loser

I was looking for a place to vent so if you don't particularly enjoy that, look elsewhere please.
I am not inclined to mash the "gg" button when I felt humiliated by my opponent. I don't mean these times when my opponent won by a hairs breadth, which I enjoy, or if he/she is spamming me with emotes, those are easy enough to turn off. I'm talking about those games where the other guy just always seems to have the perfect response to my every move, where I cannot get into my game, no matter how hard I try. It is after such games that I will not only avoid to hit the "gg". It is then, that I wish the game had a dedicated "fuck you" button to mash until my index finger goes numb. Why should I reward my opponent for making me feel that way, for making me feel like a total idiot? Does that make me petty and spiteful? Yeah it does. Do I feel like I have to apologize for that? No, I don't. I have always been a sore loser since childhood and that will never change. That's why, for the most part I avoid competitive gaming, because quite frankly, more often than not, I cannot compete. I still can't help myself for trying though. I am one of those guys, that invited others after a lost game to call their mothers bad names. That kind of behaviour is reprehensible though and I'm rather glad this game doesn't offer that opportunity. I have learned some anger management but I'm not a 100% sure I can control some of my worst impulses. So please forgive me and bear with me a bit, if don't always reward a game with a "gg" if didn't feel like I had a good time.

Guest 4404014

Pll do taunts because there is a contract to do 1000/5000 taunts. Or because they are bored. Give GG. Don't be an arse.

Pll do taunts because there is a contract to do 1000/5000 taunts. Or because they are bored. Give GG. Don't be an arse.
What do taunts have to do with giving a GG ?
If an opponent annoys with taunts or uses a random taunt you can just mute them.

You need only give one taunt per match. I worked that out after spamming someone and seeing my count go up by one. I thought to get to the figure quickly. My apologies to the person from some days ago. I'm sure they didn't mind too much though as I recollect they beat me without too much effort.

When I get pitched against a taunt spammer I just forfeit.

Then proceed to GG.

Alas, it doesn't mean Good Game More like Good Grief.

X(

When I get pitched against a taunt spammer I just forfeit.

Then proceed to GG.

Alas, it doesn't mean Good Game More like Good Grief.

X(
You know that if you click on their speach bubble that you can just mute them, right ?
If you mute them they cannot use even a single taunt anymore.
So that explanation makes little sense to me.

You know that if you click on their speach bubble that you can just mute them, right ?
If you mute them they cannot use even a single taunt anymore.
So that explanation makes little sense to me.

I was under the impression that it only mutes the audio.

I think it doesn't prevent the animation, and definitely wont prevent the other side from using them.

In any case, I'll look into it. Thank you very much for your input.

I sometimes do not when I feel a cheap tactic has won the game. But agan, it is the sore part of me talking....

I give GG like 90% of the times though. We all need scraps...

I didn't do it with someone who played double ball (first I've ever encountered) because they had to play very slowly when there was no need, keep going when there was no need, and just be very annoying. They'd won the game by about the third card and still played another 6 or so just because. I do find it annoying that people take so long in playing a card/playing cards when either it's unnecessary or they're playing a net deck and it's obvious even to me which card(s) come next and I haven't done enough to put them off their stride. I think there should be a 3 seconds to put a card down rule or you lose the game.

That last bit wasn't serious for those who didn't get it by the way.

What do taunts have to do with giving a GG ?
If an opponent annoys with taunts or uses a random taunt you can just mute them.

This is an age where people get offended more quickly than ever. People know about the mute yet don't choose to use it for some reason. I gave up trying to understand.

keep going when there was no need

You're the one who "keeps going when there was no need". If you know you've lost against these decks, you're wasting your own time. Complaining about others taking their time is just ridiculous. If anything, it might put them off guard as they would assume you have some endgame combo that you can still win with.

Guest 4404014

I sometimes don't gg when I'm mad. But then I cool down and I wish I could reverse it and not be a an ah.

However, I feel like not giving gg in these situations:

- Igni (or Yrden) techs with no setup in decks where Igni not bricking is generally a win condition. They are fishing rng wins from lucky line ups or matchups where Igni almost always works (harmony). This is kinda toxic rng play imo.

- FREAKING SKELLIGE. This faction is so tragically painful to play against. In ALL OF THEIR CONCEPTS. ;) And NR.

- Idlers

I GG most games. But if I spent most of the game having my cards locked, seized, poisoned, removed, etc, then no, it was not a GG for me. If your sole purpose in life is to prevent me from actually participating, then I won't GG you.

I find the more I play, the less inclined I am to GG. The number of times I lose to what feels like cheap tricks is very high. Then there's this 'roping' thing, net decks, people taking ages over their last 3 cards when they're 40 points ahead, etc. Sometimes it's as though you think to yourself you shouldn't bother because as long as they can pull out a stunt they win. And you can tell the difference between a good player and one who isn't so it's not that. In fact, it's embarrassing at times to play someone good because the gulf in ability (between they and I) is huge.

I find the more I play, the less inclined I am to GG. The number of times I lose to what feels like cheap tricks is very high. Then there's this 'roping' thing, net decks, people taking ages over their last 3 cards when they're 40 points ahead, etc. Sometimes it's as though you think to yourself you shouldn't bother because as long as they can pull out a stunt they win. And you can tell the difference between a good player and one who isn't so it's not that. In fact, it's embarrassing at times to play someone good because the gulf in ability (between they and I) is huge.
I feel you. This game, just like most multiplayer games make you invest a lot in order to try your best and win. Sadly, if you look at even the top of the ranks you have players having more loses than wins; that keeps me sane :)

Top Bottom