Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
Sorry, but I’d rather move onto my next match, thank you.

Perhaps CDPR should create some additional contracts or quests to incentivize good sportsmanship.
Currently: would the scraps be 7 instead of 5 if you do not GG ? (and you receive a GG)

Currently: would the scraps be 7 instead of 5 if you do not GG ? (and you receive a GG)

I think that the # of scraps you get for a GG is determined by your opponent's Prestige (and I don't know the exact scale), and isn't influenced by whether you GG or not.

The contract doesn't need to be complicated - something like "Pass and win a match with one or more cards in hand" - with appropriately scaled rewards - would hopefully satisfy someone looking for keys. (?)

I think that the # of scraps you get for a GG is determined by your opponent's Prestige (and I don't know the exact scale), and isn't influenced by whether you GG or not.
Then They might think of introducing some rewards, although the whole purpose of sportsmanship is the fact that it calls for no rewards.

Then They might think of introducing some rewards, although the whole purpose of sportsmanship is the fact that it calls for no rewards.
... and that's why I think, there should be no reward at all. But than hardly anyone would GG, sportsmanship and courtesy are no longer modern. I sound like my grandma, but unfortunately she is right.

The only thing is: I do not know how to interpret the number of GG a player has received as compared to the WINS. For the time being, I am thinking of them as the overall number of games the player as fought.

I actually realized something super weird: I have more WINS than GG, but none of my friends / recently played have that, but the opposite as it would make sense. I would imagine there are more GG than the games you win, as it is more likely that someone who wins on you would leave you a GG.

Is it something that anyone else is experiencing?

@ the OP -- this topic is a bit old but I'll try to answer: why should they? I mean there is nothing enjoyable in losing twice in a row; so if you've defeated your opponent this way, don't expect them to give you GG...

On the other hand, I wouldn't give GG to somebody who was easily defeated either, as GG should, in my opinion, be a reflection of enjoyable gameplay, which defeating somebody easily isn't...

Only reason I don't GG is when after I pass because I know I lost the final round, even if I still had cards left, the opponent continues to play every single card they had left. I get some people think playing through the rest of the cards helps people learn the rest of the strategy, but when a full match usually goes for 15 minutes for me, I want to save as much time as possible to try to get another match, not watch someone play all their cards even though they already won.

And yes, I know I could just forfeit instead of pass, but still.

Just want to say that I think there are only two completely reasonable causes for not giving GG:
1. Opponent plays with Nilfgaard and wins with the usual boring strategies, they can suck a ... (add whatever you want)
2. Opponent has won in numbers but still insists in playing remaining cards

About the second reason, why even do that?? I mean, it's time-consuming, useless, and personally, I think it is quite disrespectful.

2. Opponent has won in numbers but still insists in playing remaining cards

About the second reason, why even do that?? I mean, it's time-consuming, useless, and personally, I think it is quite disrespectful.

When I know that I will loose even having a 1-2 cards in hand I can do two things: or forfeit game instantly, or just pass. If I choose to pass instead of forfeit is because I am curious what remaining cards opponent had in hand, and I want him to show me them. And if he wont, and just passes instead - if will be humiliating for me. And therefore I do the same if the opponent passes - I want to show him my cards by throwing them out (without using their abilities tough), assuming He is curious what I have if he didn't forfeit

Last edited:
I actually realized something super weird: I have more WINS than GG, but none of my friends / recently played have that, but the opposite as it would make sense. I would imagine there are more GG than the games you win, as it is more likely that someone who wins on you would leave you a GG.

Is it something that anyone else is experiencing?
You're probably using the no Gg starter kit. :coolstory:
sei5ene4scx41.jpg

On a serious note, If someone loses connection, instant forfeits or rage quits it also counts as a win but you won't get a GG for it. I have over 1000 more Wins than GGs and I usually don't play a lot of [...] Decks.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're probably using the no Gg starter kit. :coolstory:

On a serious note, If someone loses connection, instant forfeits or rage quits it also counts as a win but you won't get a GG for it. I have over 1000 more Wins than GGs and I usually don't play a lot of [...] Decks.

God I hate that strategy! Poison, CARD deploying Poison / Order: Poison, Deploy Poison ...
I rather lose at rank 25 than playing those low cards! :p

I never GG against those NG strategies

When I know that I will loose even having a 1-2 cards in hand I can do two things: or forfeit game instantly, or just pass. If I choose to pass instead of forfeit is because I am curious what remaining cards opponent had in hand, and I want him to show me them. And if he wont, and just passes instead - if will be humiliating for me. And therefore I do the same if the opponent passes - I want to show him my cards by throwing them out (without using their abilities tough), assuming He is curious what I have if he didn't forfeit
Interesting.
Generally if people play on after a win, and it's not obvious they are going for some achievement/unlock they aren't getting a GG from me.

I had a game today against Skellige. I say today, but it's a very familiar story I'm sure...

They had card advantage R3. With second from last card they second wind two blades and then play Morkvarg (or vice versa, whatever really:sleep:) Very original I know. I sat through the animation. They win by 3 points. I'm expecting a pass. And I'll give the GG.:ok:

They pause...then you can imagine my complete and utter surprise when they expected me to sit through wild boar of the sea...nope

Regis? Okay, and you can have a GG.

Wild boar of the sea? Nope, no GG for you :think:

Personally ... I never GG. Well ... very very VERY rarely. If someone really comes up with a cool or original deck instead of playing the same 6 cards over and over that some streamer came up with, then I might give one - win or lose - just because they showed me something different ... So that's almost never. At this point though, people pretty much have all the cards they want or need anyway, so they're not going to miss a few more scraps.

Top Bottom