Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
I do not give a gg anymore because I haven't had any good games lately. I am at a win/loss rate of 80/102 games. It seems I have completely lost the ability to win a game recently. It is utterly depressing to lose to just about any other prototype even though people are constantly complaining how overpowered Skellige is right now. I play mostly skellige and I am stuck, with nowhere to go. If the game allowed for losing rank I'd probably be backt at 25 or so.

The more you play the less favourable you view other people (it seems). With more experience I hate net decks, seeing the same cards, the same tactics, playing the same game. That can account for a high proportion of games. Others are the usual: people taking too long (you're 50 points ahead and have three cards to my one: why are you wasting time?), wasting time deliberately (roping: this should be banned along with everyone who practises it), going to smash someone because they can, showing ill manners (there's a lot of that around), playing in a sterile fashion, and a load of other reasons.

Now, I give a GG if it actually was a 'good game'. Most games aren't enjoyable and other people waste my time. How about we have a CG or BG (crap game or bad game) button where they lose recs? I think that would be worn out in less than a day!

Now, I give a GG if it actually was a 'good game'. Most games aren't enjoyable and other people waste my time. How about we have a CG or BG (crap game or bad game) button where they lose recs? I think that would be worn out in less than a day!
CDPR wouldn't dare to do it. Too politically correct. ;-)

I dont GG Masquerade Ball users, nor most SK warrior decks, unless they pull something original.

Needless to say, i only GG less than 20% of my games...

I always give a GG regardless if I win or lose or if I get totally destroyed in the game. maybe it's from playing hockey and you say it at the end of the game and shake the opposing team's hands. I just think it's the right thing to do.

I honestly feel insulted by SK netdeckers sending GGs. They know damn well it wasn't a good game when their GS that I shut down multiple times comes back from the dead for the 10th time and his points shoot through the roof after he plays one gold. Yeah I'm salty.

I honestly feel insulted by SK netdeckers sending GGs. They know damn well it wasn't a good game when their GS that I shut down multiple times comes back from the dead for the 10th time and his points shoot through the roof after he plays one gold. Yeah I'm salty.
I think your reaction is natural and justified. Be careful in a knee-jerk reaction not to punish players for the sins of the developers.

When I started the game, I choose NG and greatly enjoyed the starter deck. But after I had risen 10 to 15 ranks and could no longer win with the starter deck, and I was ready to craft my own deck, I felt a desire to play something else to avoid a heavily played and obviously hated faction. I experimented with the other factions, and decided I enjoyed SK and developed that faction as my priority, and really enjoyed it. With the expansion, SK went from one of the least played and least objected to factions to the most heavily played and most objectionable, so I tried to switch again. But I don’t like either point slam or spam — and that seems to be all that works, even in casual, with ST and MO. I don’t like the coin system for SY as it takes away the simplistic elegance of the game. Thus, I tried to play NR, but I got sick of the same strategy in every deck revolving around the same four or five cards and no leader ability even close to Uprising in effectiveness.

So I have switched back to NG, and am again enjoying the strategy dispite studiously avoiding all the poorly considered cards that, whether OP or not, seriously damage the game (Cahir, Ball, Assire, Damien, the Lockdown and Enslave leader abilities, Yennifer’s Invocation, Skellen, Vilgefortz, Bribery, ...). With all these constraints, I’m not highly successful, but I am enjoying playing. Although I do wonder whether I wouldn’t just as well play SK without its list of broken cards. I guess I will be hated either way.

I was playing maybe the worst faction, SY with the worst leader 'Lined Pockets' in seasonal mode 'Power Shift'.
Whenever I won, which happened surprisingly often, people didnt GG me. They probably didnt expect being beaten by the weakest faction, Sore Losers.

Just want to say that I think there are only two completely reasonable causes for not giving GG:
1. Opponent plays with Nilfgaard and wins with the usual boring strategies, they can suck a ... (add whatever you want)
2. Opponent has won in numbers but still insists in playing remaining cards

About the second reason, why even do that?? I mean, it's time-consuming, useless, and personally, I think it is quite disrespectful.

The number one reason for doing it is most likely an attempt to get the Overkill achievement (win last round by 50 points or more).

It took me over 120 hours of play to get that achievement because people would constantly forfeit whenever I tried to play the last card or two that would let me unlock it. Ironically, that became a reason for me to not give someone a GG - they ruined my chance at the achievement.

Others are the usual: people taking too long (you're 50 points ahead and have three cards to my one: why are you wasting time?), wasting time deliberately (roping: this should be banned along with everyone who practises it)
I hold my hands up, I was guilty of roping people. And it was for two reasons only:

One you mentioned:
"you're 50 points ahead and have three cards to my one: why are you wasting time?"

Really the second reason is linked to the first, if I started to noticing my opponent roping me (this may or may not be intentional on their part), then I would do the same in kind.

Of course I could appreciate sometimes people needed full time to consider their actions if I perhaps did something unexpected/put them under pressure/it's a complex card sequence. Especially in a clutch moment. And sometimes people just forget to hit pass.

But when it became frequent. Yup, I was going to rope you.

My perspective (maybe unreasonable to some) is if you were not going to be considerate of my time, then I was going to waste yours. I would often just walk off, make a coffee, come back. Walk off hang some laundry, come back. Etc.

Of course, luckily all of the above was a pretty rare occurrence. But on pro ladder, I suspect I might have occasionally been falling foul of streamers who discuss every move at length with their chat...

:howdy:

Last edited:
I hold my hands up, I was guilty of roping people. And it was for two reasons only:

One you mentioned:
"you're 50 points ahead and have three cards to my one: why are you wasting time?"

Really the second reason is linked to the first, if I started to noticing my opponent roping me (this may or may not be intentional on their part), then I would do the same in kind.

:howdy:

Now I will rope in retaliation and I do allow for the possibility of lag or someone being new/looking at combos, but again when there is nothing else to play for: move it along. Play your combos quicker. If you've designed a deck then you should have a good idea of how it goes. And destroying my units so I have even fewer points isn't part of that. That's just someone pretending they're big from behind an internet connection. As to the point about streamers/pros; I never get close to playing the really good players - I doubt we'd ever be matched up so I really can't imagine I've had that.

if youre running NG or SK right now do not expect a gg even if I win, which is moderately often even with ST, which is a treat nowadays, but also my strat has never been super crutched on harmony. The devs really need to step their game up on the next nerf. I think Magpie is a good example of how to find the most toxic meta right now, last it was harmony so all the newbs spammed that, now its Usurper and spies, which a 50 point turnaround is not something they should be encouraging.

[...] So directly after that I Milled ALL of my Nilfgaard cards(yes that's a personal problem ofc) lmao which I had all of em, and enjoyed assimilate at one point. So no GG's for NG just in general now, and now with their new toxic strength really no gg's. Since everyone climbing pro ladder spams the most consistent pro deck, its almost all NG and SK, as it use to be ST, but at least that was a little fun, as a ST Main, I love crushing harmony with SY or Monsters cuz I know the strat.
Post automatically merged:

if youre running NG or SK right now do not expect a gg even if I win, which is moderately often even with ST, which is a treat nowadays, but also my strat has never been super crutched on harmony. The devs really need to step their game up on the next nerf. I think Magpie is a good example of how to find the most toxic meta right now, last it was harmony so all the newbs spammed that, now its Usurper and spies, which a 50 point turnaround is not something they should be encouraging.

[...] So directly after that I Milled ALL of my Nilfgaard cards(yes that's a personal problem ofc) lmao which I had all of em, and enjoyed assimilate at one point. So no GG's for NG just in general now, and now with their new toxic strength really no gg's. Since everyone climbing pro ladder spams the most consistent pro deck, its almost all NG and SK, as it use to be ST, but at least that was a little fun, as a ST Main, I love crushing harmony with SY or Monsters cuz I know the strat.

to that point tho I def gg all the time to SK SY MO ST and NG if its a genuinely good game, but def losing the gg if you win/lose runnin a toxic balance glitch deck. Not a sore loser or winner really, just don't support this aspect of the game, just because it makes it so much less fun. Gave up my pro rank status and spammed losses to have fun playing the game again, mainly because in order to climb, I TOO must use that toxic deck, as im sure many people noticed with the recent tournaments all pro players have shifted to using that meta, and most of them feel as though theyre just getting free wins more then half the time. I appreciate an OG Millgard player or OG pro NG meta player, ill def gg if its a close game win/lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
No GG for those who use the new flashing Ciri skin!

It tires my eyes. :sad:

You could have something sparking and luminous on your pc all the time, but you usually don't.
It's distracting.

i know this this is not the place but i will approprieate the thread.

i think devs should give us a way to block a faction in no rank game.

Everytime i whant to make a new deck, try something diferent i always get 3 or 4 matches agains NG and that is really boring, because they lock, poison and everything.

Come on, i am trying a new deck, trying to see the sinergy of the deck, i dont whant everytime a fucking moron blocking or poisoning my cards.

Of course if i whan a good deck i need to play agains NG and try to avoid those blocks and poison. But, as i said, in the beggening i am testing the deck, trying to pilot it, trying to see the sinergy.

So, backing to the thread, almost all the time i played agains NG with block and/or poison in a non rank game dont give GG, because its not a GG, its only a fucking person trying to screw up your game

The only times I don't GG is if someone is clearly abusing a balance issue. I don't mean double ball or whatever, I mean NG mirror match where they spam out so many Informants and Assimilate or God forbid, viper witchers that the game is entirely stupid and lopsided.

Same with Carathir shenanigans. What a busted, unfair card.

Other than that I'm hesitant to GG SK warriors because most of those decks are carbon copies with zero skill involved, it's just brainless SK engines go BRRRRRRRRR nonsense with not even consideration being put into what cards are being played.

And I don't GG taunt spamers or those people who are so impatient they have to tell me to hurry put 4 seconds into my turn. Want to taunt? Once per round, for a total of 3 total taunts per game. That's my rule.

Other than that though, I don't withhold GGs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, what's up with people who spam "hurry up" 1 second after opponent's turn starts. :| Well lucky we got the option to mute them lol.

Top Bottom