Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
There are very rare cases when I do not give GG. And wish there was a slap button instead.
It is when player has obviously won and dragging time on purpose, needlessly playing off ALL their master-a55 moves I care not about.
.i..:mad:..i.

Well, no GG for:

1. Mill.
2. Traps.
3. Yrden.
4. Meditating mages.
5. Kolgrim.
6. Alumni.
:)

😀

Last edited:
I'll always GG a game, regardless if I win or lose, regardless of how much I win by or on the receiving end of a brutal beat down by my opponent. I'm reminded of the following quote by Leo Tolstoy: "Nothing can make our life, or the lives of other people, more beautiful than perpetual kindness." It costs nothing but kindness and goodwill to GG a game.

I hate GG, there should be a box to tick if you do not want to receive GG, ever!
Instead they are showing it down our throats

I'll always GG a game, regardless if I win or lose, regardless of how much I win by or on the receiving end of a brutal beat down by my opponent. I'm reminded of the following quote by Leo Tolstoy: "Nothing can make our life, or the lives of other people, more beautiful than perpetual kindness." It costs nothing but kindness and goodwill to GG a game.
Yes, and it totally kills the meaning of the GG as "good game". Honestly, people who "always GG" remind me of ever smiling citizens in "We Happy Few" and creep me out. But doing so and citing one of the most (if not the most) toxic, obnoxious and hypocritical personas in Russian literature is a totally new level of scary.
I send my GG when I get satisfaction or joy from a match. And as I wrote many times, winning against a creatively challenged netdeck or meta-dependent player gives zero satisfaction, while losing to a clever (and preferably) a fresh trick or twist in my opponent's deck provides tons of it. Of course, winning against a clever opponent is even better, but I don't know of any way to reward and encourage an opponent who played good but lost, other than just sending them the same GG.

On the original topic...I'm one of those people that don't give GG when I feel that someone's deck is overpowered beyond stupid - so it is out of frustration. I have played both Gwent and Hearthstone, and I am coming to the realization that, although Gwent gets certain things right, it definitely gets certain things wrong. Especially concerning the power level. In Gwent, results are almost pre-determined by the type of cards you hold (the more legendaries you have the better, and more guarantee you'll win the game ). They are also pre-determined early on in the game. In Hearthstone, there is a power check (mana limit) to which cards you can play and RNG can help balance this pre-determined status until the last card is actually played. Yes, RNG can be bad in excess, but in moderate amounts, it also gives someone a chance to turn things around. In Gwent, if you don't own the highest, most expensive cards, you're pretty much screwed out of winning (losing almost every game). In Hearthstone, I can design a cheap deck that can outdo the most expensive decks by relying on strategies that counter what they are going on for.

No, Hearthstone does not get a pass for its issues, but I still feel like that, in principle, they've built mechanics in place to have the power balance in check.

Just my opinion...

Last edited:
There are very rare cases when I do not give GG. And wish there was a slap button instead.
It is when player has obviously won and dragging time on purpose, needlessly playing off ALL their master-a55 moves I care not about.
.i..:mad:..i.

When I pass (accepting the loss) and the opponent still plays his/her remaining cards I usually don't GG.

Sometimes I simply forget to GG. If I go through the ending screen to fast or I'm distracted. :think:

Especially concerning the power level. In Gwent, results are almost pre-determined by the type of cards you hold (the more legendaries you have the better, and more guarantee you'll win the game ).
I haven't played Heartstone in ages, so things might have changed, but here is my experience:
- as soon as you draw your 3-4 cards you can tell if you are going to survive an aggro deck. Can you play 1 card on 1 mana and a second card on 2 mana? If not, you have lost. Magic plays in a similar way: if you are mana screw the result is pre-determined.

In Gwent, if you suspect a round is lost, you can pass and hope to mulligan into something useful.

Yes, RNG can be bad in excess, but in moderate amounts, it also gives someone a chance to turn things around.

Heartstone is fair the way a coin toss can be.

In Gwent, if you suspect a round is lost, you can pass and hope to mulligan into something useful.

Sure, but that does not solve the problem in the next round when your opponent still got all these legendaries they can play at any point. Gwent is much more dependent on powerful cards than HS does. I am new to Gwent, but if I am losing almost every game because I don't have the most powerful cards (no matter how good my strategy is and I am trying to collect more powerful cards), then that's a major flaw in game design. This is why I am slowly moving away from this game and going back to Hearthstone.

Last edited:
The strangest thing about this (and many similar threads) is that people for some reason think they are entitled for a GG by default. But in fact no one is. GG is a sign that your opponent had a good time playing the match. Maybe they were in a great mood to begin with - and you didn't destroy it by playing a total d-deck. Or your playstyle was so perfect it made your opponent forget the shitty day outside. But it is a REWARD. You want a reward? Earn it.
Post automatically merged:

Well, no GG for:

1. Mill.
2. Traps.
3. Yrden.
4. Meditating mages.
5. Kolgrim.
6. Alumni.
:)
I'd add Simlas to your list. And Oneiro (when used to draw THE CARD - the only working one in the deck).
And traps aren't that bad by default. I saw people playing them creatively. As for Yrden - it's the only actual row punisher in this game. And totally useless in many cases. So at least it's a card with high risk attached.

Last edited:
A quick reminder: Please try to stay on topic. If you want to discuss other issues with the game, I’m sure there’s a more suitable topic to be found somewhere in the forums. Thank you very much :).

The only times I don't giive a GG:
1: opponents who ride the taunts all the way through the game
2: obvious ropers
3: opponents who continue to play cards after the match is obviously already over

Because NG and NR don't deserve GG. They playing in Easy Mod when you try hard for Monsters, Syndicate and Skellige

Top Bottom