Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
It feels like Gwent get's more out of control with every update. Too bad.
Maybe this is a deeper shadow strategy... like doing the game ultra boring to play online so when they finish the 'golden project' that today we now that is Rogue Mage, somehow we can be inclined to buy the 'standalone gwent' because we can't support the multiplayer anymore.
And the pick was this Renfri Card Game (It's not even 'meta' at this point, it's really the game identity now) right on launch.

Because... they are professional right? Has to be a 'why' for nuke the game this way.. right? right?

Lately I encounter strange bug.

When Brokfri or Sirbrokenalot+queen is played its immidietely lock my end turn button, GG button and also concede. I am just unable to use them at all.
I am a bit afraid it may be some AI even, bcs if there is situation that playing card would end my turn it let me play that card only in last possible second.
And i have to sit there with tears in my eyes and observe how my mate desperately spam emotes and waste time when he just wanted have and deliver fun with his original, fun and stunning and brave deck like all others.

I think these cards are maybe ill and contagious somehow and spread toxicity to client, really wierd.

When Brokfri or Sirbrokenalot+queen is played its immidietely lock my end turn button, GG button and also concede. I am just unable to use them at all.
I am a bit afraid it may be some AI even, bcs if there is situation that playing card would end my turn it let me play that card only in last possible second.
And i have to sit there with tears in my eyes and observe how my mate desperately spam emotes and waste time when he just wanted have and deliver fun with his original, fun and stunning and brave deck like all others.

I think these cards are maybe ill and contagious somehow and spread toxicity to client, really wierd.

Strange. I thought this bug also causes a sudden disconnection right before the opponent plays his last card, but it doesn't seem to be the case for you, it seems.

Strange. I thought this bug also causes a sudden disconnection right before the opponent plays his last card, but it doesn't seem to be the case for you, it seems.
HAHAHAHA

I need to read it 2 times to understand this bugs.

Strange, i think i am having the same bug

Im not giving GG to a oponent who doesnt have any idea how to play this game unless copy the popular "meta" decks on the moment. I eat those players (almost everyone) and never GG.

Its so bored play this game against the same decks over and over again. Think a little bit more. People are so simple.

I don't pay to buy cards/kegs and looking at player profiles after getting destroyed it's kinda obvious who is paying to play and who doesn't. I was wondering if a method could be made for matchmaking to separate these two types of players? I offer no ggs to players I see only using one faction with crazy win loss ratios. In this sense I believe the matchmaking to be especially unfair to new players and/or players unable to pay to progress.

I don't pay to buy cards/kegs and looking at player profiles after getting destroyed it's kinda obvious who is paying to play and who doesn't. I was wondering if a method could be made for matchmaking to separate these two types of players? I offer no ggs to players I see only using one faction with crazy win loss ratios. In this sense I believe the matchmaking to be especially unfair to new players and/or players unable to pay to progress.
I understand the sentiment, but I think you mis diagnose the problem. Probably within a month — two at most — a player can earn enough resources to craft any deck of their choice (or more likely in the case of crazy win ratios, copy it).

The big issue is the plethora of very binary, answer or lose cards. It is far easier to spend resources to copy one broken card that fits your deck than to try to spend those resources to have answers for all the broken cards.

Even when cards are balanced at top levels of play, they can be broken for players without the card holdings to generate natural answers.

I understand the sentiment, but I think you mis diagnose the problem. Probably within a month — two at most — a player can earn enough resources to craft any deck of their choice (or more likely in the case of crazy win ratios, copy it).

The big issue is the plethora of very binary, answer or lose cards. It is far easier to spend resources to copy one broken card that fits your deck than to try to spend those resources to have answers for all the broken cards.

Even when cards are balanced at top levels of play, they can be broken for players without the card holdings to generate natural answers.

That’s so true.
I made a new account a couple of weeks ago to test how far can I get with Renfri from the very bottom.
So far already at rank 11 even with nerfed Renfri it’s too strong (luck also plays it’s role when getting good cards like Terranova from kegs).

Amount of GG's when winning dropping significantly after a certain level?

I'm level 23 now and tonight I've been noticing when winning I'm barely getting GG's anymore, especially when I've dominated the opponent or turned the game significantly with my last card left. Before I would always default a GG win or lose unless they forfeit right at the beginning or something, now though I'm beginning to think about it when I win because I don't want to GG someone who doesn't do the same in return. Seems like a case of sore losers because the winners still always GG.

I know the nature of the GG system is that it's a choice, just seems now I'm a higher level a noticeable amount of people have stopped doing it when they lose..

Just an observation really, not necessarily a complaint.
I started to develop some rules myself for not giving a GG (good game) at the end:

If the other player used:

1) Cards I consider overpowered and unfair:
Oneiromancy
Sir Scratch-A-Lot
Viy
Regis: Reborn
Dettlaff van der Eretein
Geralt: Yrden
Squire & Knight Errant
Cave Troll

2) Used strategies I consider cheatting or lack of class
-Abusing of cultists
-Abusing of sir scratch a lot
-Using like 4-5 times the same scoiatel card in the same turn that damages by 2 and creates a doomed unit
After having more points already and more cards, keep playing cards (want to make fun of me? don't you have respect for my time?)

3) The game suggests "if you enjoyed the game, send a GG", well if I didn't enjoy the game, I don't give GG. simple.

Every Deck has that 1 card where it's "Kill it or you lose the game."
I think that's what frustrates lots of people and the DEVS don't understand that that is never a good card to have in the game.

Everyone has to decide for themselves. For my part, I simply have a different mindset and have taught myself principles for all situations in life. In a world full of dying principles, there must still be people who have some.

Playing something that is without a doubt completely excessive and/or detrimental to the game does not make you a good player, it only reveals a part of your character.

Personally, this always brings me to the question of how I deal with it. NG is either completely boycotted by me or doesn't get a GG on principle. SC the same, with one exception.

With other toxic decks, which are not necessarily OP, but simply turn every second of a match into maximum vomit, I don't award anything anymore either.

You are what you play and at this point everything works according to the rules of causality. Action/reaction, cause and effect.

Top Bottom