Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
Amount of GG's when winning dropping significantly after a certain level?

I'm level 23 now and tonight I've been noticing when winning I'm barely getting GG's anymore, especially when I've dominated the opponent or turned the game significantly with my last card left. Before I would always default a GG win or lose unless they forfeit right at the beginning or something, now though I'm beginning to think about it when I win because I don't want to GG someone who doesn't do the same in return. Seems like a case of sore losers because the winners still always GG.

I know the nature of the GG system is that it's a choice, just seems now I'm a higher level a noticeable amount of people have stopped doing it when they lose..

Just an observation really, not necessarily a complaint.

I would say that you can only control your own actions and what you think is the right thing to do regardless of the fact that some people will not abide by what you would consider a right thing. In other words , my advice to you, would be do what you think is best, don't bother with what are others doing. There are some sore losers unfortunately

vodge;n6889640 said:
especially when I've dominated the opponent
You just answered your own question. Why would you expect to be EXTRA rewarded in such case anyway? Your deck is already more poweful, it's not in your opponent's best interest to give you more stuff, so you can become even stronger. I personally never give GG when I get completely overpowered (like the game ends before round 3). It's just not my definition of a "good game".

vodge;n6889640 said:
I don't want to GG someone who doesn't do the same in return
Ah, how calculated. So it's not about sportsmanship after all, it's the reward that matters. I wish people finally recognized it. Gwent's GG button is not quite the same as a handshake or writing "gg" in chat. You do give an extra reward to your opponent and there are definitely times, when you simply might not feel like to do it.

vodge;n6889640 said:
Seems like a case of sore losers because the winners still always GG.
I call players with your attitude "sore winners". I always give GG to losers and I don't care if I receive anything in return. It's simply a matter of recognizing that other player might have a valid reason to be upset. Maybe he just lost 10 games in a row to decks that are cleary better than anything he can build right now? Refusing to give him a handful of scraps for his efforts is frankly pathetic...

vodge;n6889640 said:
I know the nature of the GG system is that it's a choice
Good observation. It is indeed a CHOICE. You can choose to give a GG to your opponent, he might chose not to and vice versa. Always expect to get nothing and you'll never be disappointed again. :p

Why Many Players Not Giving GG

Many players are not giving GG and I seriously don't know why? As this is just a beta & 99.9% cdpr going to reset all progression at the end so why not help each other to get more ore & cloth so that everyone can try new cards.

May be care about your rage and ego after full game launch. I was giving GG previously but now as I am not getting it from many players so its really frustrated even though I played well & win.

Let me tell you that everyone is using their preferred decks & strategies so thinking that my strategy is good & fair but opponents not is really bad thinking after all cards and game mechanics are given to us by cdpr & no player is responsible for that & as I said early this is just a beta & cdpr is working to make game more balanced so please its my request to all that try to give GG no matter what.

My personal rule is working well for me.

-When I win I immediately GG
-When I lose I wait five seconds for them to GG, if they don't I don't

If someone doesn't want to give me +5 measly pieces of ore or scraps after beating me, they certainly don't deserve it themselves.

Edit: Sometimes you wait five seconds, leave, and they still GG you, and that feels kinda bad, but to be fair I have other things to do.. Like playing another game :)

When I get service disconnected I can't GG but they GG me sometimes, I feel bad because I really don't get an option.

Leij;n7075370 said:
Edit: Sometimes you wait five seconds, leave, and they still GG you, and that feels kinda bad, but to be fair I have other things to do.. Like playing another game :)

This, that's why I am giving gg to everyone as sometime it's showing you later that you got 5 scraps & it feels bad then but all players should understand that this is beta and both sides are getting reward so why not press GG.

TH3WITCH3R;n7075240 said:
but now as I am not getting it from many players so its really frustrated

Yet, when i say this here on forums, that the current system just leaves to that (frustration), people criticize me and say i'm "crying", etc...

Why they dont give gg? Who knows, maybe they didnt like the game, maybe they are just salty. Doesnt matter really.

And you know what? If they dont tweak this system until full release, i will start to do the same; will only give gg when i genuinely though it was a gg, and even so not for the reward, but just to acknowledge my opponent that he was a good rival.

Yehh I mean it's ok not to give gg after full launch may be but now c'mon beta is going to be reset for sure.

TH3WITCH3R;n7075540 said:
Yehh I mean it's ok not to give gg after full launch may be but now c'mon beta is going to be reset for sure.

Its exactly for this that the system will be even more unpopular when they full release it. If people like you are already getting frustrated when you know it "doesnt matter" since there (probably) gonna be a wipe, imagine how people will feel when it will actually "matter" if you receive or no that gg bonus.

I always GG, I'm not a sore loser and I've played some really tight matches and lost my fair share of games because I got outplayed. I sometimes wish i could GG in the middle of the game because my opponent made a nice move

Laveley;n7075610 said:
Its exactly for this that the system will be even more unpopular when they full release it. If people like you are already getting frustrated when you know it "doesnt matter" since there (probably) gonna be a wipe, imagine how people will feel when it will actually "matter" if you receive or no that gg bonus.

Nope.. I am not feeling frustrated because I am not getting GG rewards but on players thinking [mentality] that what exactly stopping them to give gg as it's free and for both players too.

If you are loosing that means your deck is not that powerful & on that if you don't gg to winner you will also not get anything which is more loss to you as opp. is having good cards but not you so think again.

Last edited:
Just stop using balance glitches. Say "no" to monster deck, NR deck and scoya deck too. Play Skellige, its absolutely underpowered now, and you will recieve GG every battle.

Alangasar;n7075900 said:
Just stop using balance glitches. Say "no" to monster deck, NR deck and scoya deck too. Play Skellige, its absolutely underpowered now, and you will recieve GG every battle.

I am playing skellige only :smiling2:

I understand the sarcasm there but still :)

TH3WITCH3R;n7075700 said:
Nope.. I am not feeling frustrated because I am not getting GG rewards but on players thinking [mentality] that what exactly stopping them to give gg as it's free and for both players too.

Like i said, the reason is irrelevant. What is relevant is what you feel as a player and how it affects your gameplay experience, and its clear from your post (and many others) that is a negative feeling.

Laveley;n7075930 said:
Like i said, the reason is irrelevant. What is relevant is what you feel as a player and how it affects your gameplay experience, and its clear from your post (and many others) that is a negative feeling.

No not a negative felling yes but it feels little bad that even though you plat well & deserves a GG as well you given a GG still opp. showing you is rage or ego whatever it is & that also in beta version of game :)

Top Bottom