Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
idomyownstunts;n8236160 said:
Hi, my name is stunts, and sometimes I don't gg. Typically, I post a funny little list of gg conditions but if I can't be effed hitting the gg button why in eff's name do I write these lists. Food for thought peepers.
Hi, my name is <redacted>, I use sarcasm constantly to prove my point and still think it's original.

I say we should also be able to GG forum users. Oh wait... it's called REDpoints. Nevermind.

If you were meant to GG every game then they would've just made it give +5 gold per match instead of having the GG button. If someone is being annoying with emotes or somesuch I'm not going to give them the 5 gold.

HenryGrosmont;n8241140 said:
Not cool, mate. Not cool...
It was a bit much I admit, and I apologize to any offended parties.
But what also isn't cool is dissing people just because they don't GG for one reason or another. Everybody's free to make their own choice after all.
Except in the cases where the "Send GG" button is conspicuously missing.

nhk3;n8241380 said:
It was a bit much I admit, and I apologize to any offended parties.
But what also isn't cool is dissing people just because they don't GG for one reason or another. Everybody's free to make their own choice after all.
Except in the cases where the "Send GG" button is conspicuously missing.

As much as I know stunts he's just joking around and not dissing anyone. You'll get used to him, he's completely harmless.

:cheers:

DanielSens;n7249720 said:
Sorry, if I am not having fun, I don't gg. In past times I gg a lot. Mostly every game! Today I gg only 1 out of 4 games. If people are forfeiting I normally not gg, because I don't like it. If I am doing stupid mistakes I don't gg, because I was really bad and this couldn't be a good game. If you beat me and it was a close game and a good fight, I gg. I understand, that you are angry about the guys that don't gg. But if I don't feel it was a good game, I don't wanna gg.

Agreed. Also, I've stopped gg'ing because there are players that won't gg back whether a loss or a win. It's bothers me that I gg even though I lost and they won't return the favor so I now wait until my opponent gg's first.

giving GG should be as random as this game

why exactly people would expect you to GG when the RNG has given you a middle finger in that same game with 0 gold card draws and half of your silvers available. there you go yet another reason that guy who you thought was a jerk for not GGing didn't GG you. RNG destroys the purpose of a GG.
GG is something you give your opponent for outplaying you (or you outplaying him/her) not outlucking you with simply better card draws.

note to mod: please make a second consideration if you are going to merge this with "people who don't GG" thread for this is totally irrelevant with the poster of that thread "hopefully we can flag them out and possibly boycott them when the game releases" argument. (but the power is yours senpai)

Being salty is also a reason why people don't GG. The above post and quote are both good examples of that. And it's totally fine too.

zeph08
Btw, usually it's the winner who GGs first. This way you safe yourself time and frustration. Just a friendly advice...

The best players can win with bad draws against good players. Should that rule apply to them too? True, there are very few of them but the point remains.
Also, there are many times when you see a good play and to me it deserves a GG. If it were random, you wouldn't be able to actually reward (as minimal as this reward is) your opponent.
There are more things that make me opposing your notion, sorry.

There's the randomness of War Longship hitting your one out of a zillion units three times... pretty salt inducing. But bad draws? Happens when you play a card game.

zantclick;n8251470 said:
There's the randomness of War Longship hitting your one out of a zillion units three times... pretty salt inducing. But bad draws? Happens when you play a card game.

I had this situation but with Nithral. 3 shots, 5 possible targets and he just focused down my champion of champions.

I lost afterwards and didn't GGd

Ruthless95, let me get this straight. This thread is about defending the reason why you don't give a GG? And your reason is because you got a bad hand? That isn't the opponent's fault. Regardless, you really don't need a reason to GG (or not) because you don't have to justify it to anyone (but yourself).

It's all very simple. People shouldn't expect a GG to begin with. It's an optional bonus. It isn't mandatory. The reasons behind giving it or not don't matter.

I never GG when the opponent is using META, as a general policy.

I feel like those using OP decks are already getting their due by other means.

HenryGrosmont;n8247390 said:
Being salty is also a reason why people don't GG. The above post and quote are both good examples of that. And it's totally fine too.

zeph08
Btw, usually it's the winner who GGs first. This way you safe yourself time and frustration. Just a friendly advice...

I forgot to mention that I sometimes gg when I win. As I mentioned only reason I've stopped recently is due to the lack of return gg's from losing opponents. I can understand if it was a complete loss where I won both rounds. I will gg and not be surprised if they don't return the gg. Other times is due to salt depending on the deck I'm playing and the tactics used.

I haven't read the entire thread unfortunately. But i think the primary good of the GG button is to discourage toxic play, like intentionally drawing out matches. I think maybe by default the GG hould be selected and as long as they don't deselect it, you would get that bonus.

Top Bottom