Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
GG to abusers of NG and ST special? It's not GG. GG comes from Unreal Tournament days when people would really appreciate a good game in a game where you couldn't abuse anything, it was only you, your team and your skill.
Now it's overused and lost a lot of it's meaning. Though if I could I would give 10 GG to anyone playing something else but those obnoxious OP decks.

Avetohol;n8757890 said:
GG to abusers of NG and ST special? It's not GG. GG comes from Unreal Tournament days when people would really appreciate a good game in a game where you couldn't abuse anything, it was only you, your team and your skill.
Now it's overused and lost a lot of it's meaning. Though if I could I would give 10 GG to anyone playing something else but those obnoxious OP decks.

Same, i only met 1 guy who didnt run the top deck of their faction today, (my only win at that) and i so wish i could give the dude 100 GG for being both a sport and a certified "i try to come up with new decks on my own" player. That deck he ran was fun and innovative compared to the guys 1000 mmr above me i meet running the deck of the moment to ladder with in casual.

Avetohol;n8757890 said:
GG comes from Unreal Tournament days when people would really appreciate a good game in a game where you couldn't abuse anything, it was only you, your team and your skill.

I'm pretty sure GG came from Online Chess and was popularized by online Starcraft though I could be wrong, however I was big in the SC scene once upon a time.

Red-Wyrm;n8758400 said:
Never GG to ppl who using RNR.

Ya I'm the same, ESPECIALLY if they use it in a netdeck on Unranked.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I usually GG every player, except when they do something exceptionally terrible, or i'm in a huge bad luck streak and get mad (i know its not their fault, but im hotheaded)

And about BM'ing, if i keep playing my cards when i already won, its not to taunt the opponent but to teach him and show him what i had planned. And when its the other way around, i appreciate it if they show me some unique tactic they had planned.

And i dont see what all the fuss is about Ragnaroog, and no one mentions Drought. The first legendary i crafted on Open Beta was Drought, because i wanted to diversify from RGR i had used a lot on Closed Beta, and because it makes more sense to hurt the weaker enemies, leaving the stronger ones for Scorching/ Resetting with other cards, no?

Moridin2244;n8758780 said:
I'm pretty sure GG came from Online Chess and was popularized by online Starcraft though I could be wrong, however I was big in the SC scene once upon a time.

Ya I'm the same, ESPECIALLY if they use it in a netdeck on Unranked.

Historically I think the first gg types were somewhere back in the old bbs days, when people were playing Trade Wars. For many people though it was mass popularized by UT, I guess for many others by SC, since the first series of these games were released around the same time :)

And netdecking is really a bane for card games. Don't think developers can shut down every possible source, so the thing they could do is spam cards and different strategies and counters, so there is no real point in netdecking. True, there will probably always be some better decks, but if the options are many and there are many counters and complex varieties, it will have less impact.

I don't GG obnoxious emote spammers and Nilfgaard netdeckers, they can either stop being assholes or just deal with it.

Why GG stupid non games? Like when the opponent pouring golds and silvers and you barely getting one, like when before start you change a card and you get it back ...twice...and so on. Game is turning more and more in a pay to win. Why should I gg them p2w players? They are helped alot against their money.

Guest 4139610

Aldodrem;n7267250 said:
Their are two things I follow to the letter which determine if you'll receive the GG from me or not.

1) The player mustn't use the forfeit option and should pass instead.
2) The player if it's clear they have won mustn't continue play.

If either of those two conditions aren't meant than you won't receive GG from me.

I actually agree with this.

No way I'm going to GG lvl 1 people who have cards of a level 20. None of that. It's simply not a fair match, nothing fair about that.

Stormbuster;n8766690 said:
Why GG stupid non games? Like when the opponent pouring golds and silvers and you barely getting one, like when before start you change a card and you get it back ...twice...and so on. Game is turning more and more in a pay to win. Why should I gg them p2w players? They are helped alot against their money.

Exactly my point. You can buy cards with real money all you want, I'm not against that. But if we're the same level or you're even lower than me, and you simply spam gold-silver non stop -> I will not GG you. How is that a "good game"? It's like tying a guy to a tree, beating him up and asking him "why do you not gg?"

For me personally - if its a fair match I always GG whether I end up being completely crushed or not. But there are games where my opponent just clearly has better quality deck (I know its not his fault, but rather the matchmaking). Getting crushed with your starter garbage cards like Decoy and Geralt against an opponent who wins round 1 by pulling some sort of two card - 30 power combo and then on round 2 he starts by Ragnaroking you and just drags the rounds out - thats no fun.

The only way out of the pit of garbage starter decks is to just diligently collect your daily rewards and build your collection up, but people who just smack you around with the pro decks and wont let you get a single round dont deserve extra rewards - cos they dont need them.

I never GG

Discussing with a friend, Why would I GG my opponent to boost him even a little bit? Why would I give an opponent whether I won or lost, the ability to get slightly stronger that one day, I would oppose them again? I can't take that risk and therefor, no GG for you. But for every single match that I have received an GG, thanks. My deck only grows stronger to continue winning.

I gg when it is legitimately a good game whether I win or lose. However, if I lose simply because the other guy has insanely powerful cards either due to luck with his kegs or from spending boat loads of money to buy kegs, then I won't gg simply because it wasn't a fair game. Don't get mad at people simply because they don't gg, it's an option for a reason, otherwise they'd just give everyone that small bonus after every game.

traviz06;n8770690 said:
Discussing with a friend, Why would I GG my opponent to boost him even a little bit? Why would I give an opponent whether I won or lost, the ability to get slightly stronger that one day, I would oppose them again? I can't take that risk and therefor, no GG for you. But for every single match that I have received an GG, thanks. My deck only grows stronger to continue winning.

Lol, sorry, but you sound pathetic. If you have an illusion those 5 scraps, even multiplied by many games, that you didn't gave your different opponents, will somehow be in your favor you are delusional.
It's just a matter of being polite and a small token for good attitude given by the devs that the players appreciates a gg when they see it.
You are talking like this is some kind of a war, not a game after all.
I agree with the guys that say they wouldn't gg a game where someone has clearly much stronger cards or abusing an op unbalanced faction if you wish, I wouldn't gg in such situation as well, but your logic is simply sad for a game.

man lately i don't gg only one type of people: THOSE THAT TAKE FOREVER TO MAKE A MOVE

it's not a f-ing mensa test, you don't have to make every time you play a card a labor intensive process.

How did I end up in this salt mine??? lol jk jk jk
I feel like it's pretty petty not to GG someone who beats you (even with NG). It sucks to lose, but it's just a part of multiplayer. I do understand not GG'ing trolls who taunt you the whole time....
I always try to communicate positively through the in-game chat thingy, which always nets a friendly match!
GG!

I GG every game EXCEPT when some obnoxious a*****e spams me with sarcastic comments the whole game. I hate those damn avatar thingys. They do not promote goodwill when abused. Other than that GG for everyone :D

Top Bottom