Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+

Guest 4159620

TheZirrKing;n9094840 said:
There is no reason not to GGs, the only time I wouldn't GG someone is if they are playing Spell ST, or weather spamming, but those days are over.

those gys revived as dagons and radovids =/

I think a huge problem with the GG mechanic is that it's currently super buggy. A lot of the time I'll get a GG from my opponent, but won't see the GG button on my end. There have been a lot of instances where I felt pretty bad because I got GG's from opponents I beat and would have really liked to give the GG to back, but the button just didn't show up. It leads me to believe that at least some of the problem with people not GGing is due to this bug.

My new updated GG rules. I never GG if the opponent is an emote spammer, or runs the clock down for every single play. Had a player run the clock down to 3 secs every single play. I was seriously regretting the fact no one has invented a way to give a throat punch through the internet. If neither of the above infractions have occurred, and I lose, GG right away. If I win, I wait to receive one, and then return the favor.

I think if opponent forfeit just as they loses the gg button disappears.. i tend to gg when i can, but is waiting for that extra 10 sec to see out a match so much work

supafreaky;n9183181 said:
My new updated GG rules. I never GG if the opponent is an emote spammer, or runs the clock down for every single play. Had a player run the clock down to 3 secs every single play. I was seriously regretting the fact no one has invented a way to give a throat punch through the internet. If neither of the above infractions have occurred, and I lose, GG right away. If I win, I wait to receive one, and then return the favor.

Oh, and if the opponent is more than 10 lvls higher than me or uses drought/RnR.....no GG

Last edited:
<edit>

OT: I don't GG obvious net decks and very rarely GG any type of monster deck because I'm sick of playing them and don't want to reward the players - though give exceptions if they use emotes graciously at the end of the game or after a nice play. Only other time I don't GG is against taunt emote spammers or clock runners.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Walks up to the front of the room. Slams a HUGE marshmallow down on the table.) We are here to discuss the pros and cons of the GG mechanic. We are not here to ridicule or mock opposing points of view. If it continues... (Pats the marshmallow.)

rctboy95;n9182251 said:
From what i've noticed most of the higher ranked players don't gg compared to lower ones.

Noticed it too. I rarely got a GG after winning against a high ranked player. It's like they were seriously offended by your win, lol.

SigilFey;n9189921 said:
We are here to discuss the pros and cons of the GG mechanic.

My opinion :)P) is that GG mechanics makes no sense given the RNG involved in the game.

For example, will never GG a game ending with 1-2 golds in my last 1-2 cards in the deck, while my opponent got all silvers and golds while he was still having 8-12 cards left in his/her deck.

For example, will never GG a Dagon deck user who got in first round 2-3 Celaeno Harpy and 2-3 Earth Elemental while all the counters I could use were still in my deck, usually combined with him / her having all silvers and golds in the second round.

For example will never GG when I see two War Longship on the other side, while when I play that deck I barely manage to have one in 1 out of 6-7 games. Mixed up with that particular opponent is starting first, while usualy when I got that card, I start second.

And so many other examples. Therefore, a GG in this beta - stage of the game is only a random event, based on individual psychology of every player. And, in fact, for a significant number of "good draw vs. a bad draw" games would confirm nothing at all ... maybe only the good will of the player granting a gift to the other player, without any relation with the game.

GG would have a sense if the Gwent would not employ RNG mechanics.

By the way, why is RNG needed in this 3 rounds game? Why not both players having all their cards in the decks available. And have really intelligent games? Without any "luck" factor involved? Anyone able to give me a decent answer? Can you see any FAIR reason for Gwent using RNG mechanics?

Stormbuster;n9190961 said:
My opinion :)P) is that GG mechanics makes no sense given the RNG involved in the game.
For example, will never GG a game ending with 1-2 golds in my last 1-2 cards in the deck, while my opponent got all silvers and golds while he was still having 8-12 cards left in his/her deck.
For example, will never GG a Dagon deck user who got in first round 2-3 Celaeno Harpy and 2-3 Earth Elemental while all the counters I could use were still in my deck, usually combined with him / her having all silvers and golds in the second round.
For example will never GG when I see two War Longship on the other side, while when I play that deck I barely manage to have one in 1 out of 6-7 games. Mixed up with that particular opponent is starting first, while usualy when I got that card, I start second.
And so many other examples. Therefore, a GG in this beta - stage of the game is only a random event, based on individual psychology of every player. And, in fact, for a significant number of "good draw vs. a bad draw" games would confirm nothing at all ... maybe only the good will of the player granting a gift to the other player, without any relation with the game.
GG would have a sense if the Gwent would not employ RNG mechanics.
By the way, why is RNG needed in this 3 rounds game? Why not both players having all their cards in the decks available. And have really intelligent games? Without any "luck" factor involved? Anyone able to give me a decent answer? Can you see any FAIR reason for Gwent using RNG mechanics?

I honestly don't understand how some players view the mechanic itself. Sportsmanship is universal and has always been so:

"Whether I win or lose, I will treat my opponent respectfully and honorably."

The GG mechanic is meant as a handshake after the match. Simply because my opponent is much better...has better gear...or simply gets far luckier than I did...it doesn't mean I suddenly have the excuse to become sullen or hostile toward them -- that's the definition of poor sportsmanship. (Modern athletes in organized sports are still punished for such behavior.)

With Gwent (especially since it's in beta), we have a slightly different scenario. The rules of the game are changing as we go, and there are balance issues that can be used as exploits (equivalent to cheating, essentially) which is it's own form of unsportsmanlike behavior. But discovering and fixing such issues is all part of the development process, and the game will never be polished if beta-testers don't expose such things now...which is why we're all here...as beta-testers.

But the most baffling thing to me is the emotion that seems to be wound up in the simple existence of GG as an option. To me, it's the same as leaving a few chips on the table after a poker game. You win big, you pass a couple of chips to the others as a "Thank You". If not, you walk away with what you've rightfully won. If you're offered the chips, it's more than what you had before the offer, so why not? Either everyone walks away with what is rightfully theirs, or someone gets more for free.

I don't see how being given the option to shake hands creates so much upset.

Some people are just petty it is in their nature. GG button for me personally doesn't mean handshake when there is reward behind it and it not personal enough
I'm just pressing damn button. I wish I could say to my opponent properly and give us both 5 scraps by default for taking time to play the match.

Exception is the guys who keep playing after I pass and they clearly are winning. Maybe I will forgive if there is bunch of effects so guy would rather play out his hand than do the math, but only rarely.

HenryGrosmont;n9191051 said:
This thread is still alive? :victory:

Isn't it good to have traditions? :D

I still GG 99,9% of my opponents (if the bug doesn't make my GG button to disappear). Only slow rollers won't get it, but I haven't seen one in ages.

SrdjanB;n9192961 said:
Exception is the guys who keep playing after I pass and they clearly are winning. Maybe I will forgive if there is bunch of effects so guy would rather play out his hand than do the math, but only rarely.

You can always exit match it is not like you are forced to watch it play out.

Sunsibar;n9192981 said:
Isn't it good to have traditions? :D

I still GG 99,9% of my opponents (if the bug doesn't make my GG button to disappear). Only slow rollers won't get it, but I haven't seen one in ages.
The lesser of evils? :p
lomvicmarko;n9193111 said:
You can always exit match it is not like you are forced to watch it play out.
And the person who slowrolls you shouldn't expect GG. Right? Right?

HenryGrosmont;n9193151 said:
And the person who slowrolls you shouldn't expect GG. Right? Right?

nah he gets gg as well. it is his time to use and who knows maybe his answer some call or something and not doing it to piss me off.
Without communication there is no way to tell

lomvicmarko;n9193201 said:
nah he gets gg as well. it is his time to use and who knows maybe his answer some call or something and not doing it to piss me off.
Without communication there is no way to tell
In Gwent, slowrolling is playing all the cards after the opponent passed. Roping is waiting until you almost timed out and then playing a card.

Also, how is slowrolling ok and not gg after someone wasted your time is not?

Top Bottom