Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
VladAtheris;n9473041 said:
They must remove this whole GG feature and add chat. Easy solution. If you wanna say 'gg' you can say it, if you wanna tell the other guy you fucked him mom last night for a dollar, you can say that too. It would certainly liven up the MMR grind.

I love this idea lmfao

ArianeGrosmont;n9471891 said:
Just so I don't misunderstand: you mean have an option in which only if both players GG, than both get a reward? And if only one sends GG then neither gets it?
So what happens if you chose that system, and i didn't, now we play each other. You send me a GG, but I didn't send one back. Now do I get the ore? Cuz that's how ​​​how my options are set, or do I not because of your setting? And if I don't get the ore unless I send you a GG back, doesn't that in a way force me to send it, which defeats the whole point of the optional GG system????

Only if you care more about the ore than sending the message that you feel this wasn't a good game. The reason why it's a nice change is that if you don't click GG when you know the opponent has you're now saying "I didn't like the game enough to deny us both 5 ore in order to tell you that" Not clicking GG has more meaning. And you'll still get a message from the other player saying that they thought it was a GG.

If you've read any game theory it's pretty obvious that any system like the current GG system will quickly devolve into Prisoners Dilemma for many people. There are people clicking GG even when they didn't particularly think it was a GG because if everyone clicks GG most of the time, everyone is better off. So the situation of being forced to send GG most of the time already exists, just in a less overt fashion. As I said earlier that in an ideal world people would click GG if they thought it was a GG and for no other reason. But that's not what is happening now.

Personally I'd have never added ore to GG for exactly that reason. I'd have just upped the rewards for each tier slightly instead. As soon as you add a reward to GG, you're going to get people trying to game the system.

Karajorma;n9474521 said:
you'll still get a message from the other player saying that they thought it was a GG.
​​​​​​Or I'll get the message they care more about ore. It doesn't actually mean more, we're going round in circles

Karajorma;n9474521 said:
There are people clicking GG even when they didn't particularly think it was a GG because if everyone clicks GG most of the time, everyone is better off. So the situation of being forced to send GG most of the time already exists, just in a less overt fashion. As I said earlier that in an ideal world people would click GG if they thought it was a GG and for no other reason. But that's not what is happening now.
so if we have the option- as you're suggesting- to deny our opponent their ore if the don't send a GG back, in your ideal world a person who played a perfect game wouldn't get the reward because his opponent played a cheap deck and roped the whole game long? How is that ideal? You're basically saying: the system is flawed anyway, so let's maximize the flaws. I fail to see the logic in that.
Karajorma;n9474521 said:
Personally I'd have never added ore to GG for exactly that reason. I'd have just upped the rewards for each tier slightly instead. As soon as you add a reward to GG, you're going to get people trying to game the system.
nothing wrong with the way things are: 1.no reason to increase daily rewards- they are quite generous. 2. Giving a tiny reward to an opponent because you want to is a very nice way of saying 'good game''.
but I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this point...

ArianeGrosmont;n9474851 said:
​​​​​​Or I'll get the message they care more about ore.

Which is the case now anyway.

It doesn't actually mean more, we're going round in circles

But it does. How does "I dislike the way you play so much that you can stick your GG ore" not mean more?

so if we have the option- as you're suggesting- to deny our opponent their ore if the don't send a GG back, in your ideal world a person who played a perfect game wouldn't get the reward because his opponent played a cheap deck and roped the whole game long?

You think someone who roped all game long is going to give you ore? They're not cause they know no one is going to give them ore due to their cheap tactics. So it's no change whatsoever.

How is that ideal? You're basically saying: the system is flawed anyway, so let's maximize the flaws. I fail to see the logic in that.

How are the flaws being maximized? What would most likely happen is that people would start giving GG as often (cause they want the rewards). But if someone really upset you, they don't get the rewards. So when people who play cheap tactics play each other they do worse. Those of us who don't do better. That's what you want in a system of rewards for good play, isn't it? It's not ideal, but it's better than what we have now.

nothing wrong with the way things are: 1.no reason to increase daily rewards- they are quite generous.

If you think you could simply remove the GG rewards and not have people complain, I really don't know which forum you're reading but it's not this one.

2. Giving a tiny reward to an opponent because you want to is a very nice way of saying 'good game''.

Not really, cause as you can see from this thread most people just automatically give GG unless there is something they hate about their opponents play style.

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n9477241 said:
I GG everyone who isint a weather spamming monster <edit>.

It's a very weak deck... Why hating them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not with new buffed drowners. It's just such a cheap and tacky deck to play against and they are all i seem to play in ranked. It's gotten very boring, tedious and repetitive.

Out of all the cool cards in this game i just cant understand why you would enjoy playing those garbage monster cards.

Which is the case now anyway.
so what's the point in changing it?
But it does. How does "I dislike the way you play so much that you can stick your GG ore" not mean more?
so only not sending a GG would mean anything... Pretty negative feel, I'd say...
You think someone who roped all game long is going to give you ore? They're not cause they know no one is going to give them ore due to their cheap tactics. So it's no change whatsoever.
again, what's the point of changing anything if you claim nothing would be different?
So when people who play cheap tactics play each other they do worse
in what way? Those are precisely the people who would GG no matter what- if they only care about winning and not playing a good game, they will only care about the reward, and not about sending a message.
Those of us who don't do better
in what way? They're either playing against someone like them, in which case chances are they'd GG each other anyway, or they're playing against cheap netdeckers, in which case they either GG someone they feel didn't deserve it, or they themselves don't get a reward even though they did play a good game

If you think you could simply remove the GG rewards and not have people complain, I really don't know which forum you're reading but it's not this one.
never said I want to remove the GG reward system. In fact, I keep saying it's absolutely fine the way it is.
as you can see from this thread most people just automatically give GG unless there is something they hate about their opponents play style.
...so people send a 'good game'' unless they thought it was a bad game.. what a ludicrous system! (Hope the sarcasm came across)

So no change for you and a change for the people who were complaining about the GG system. How is that a bad thing?

Karajorma;n9477751 said:
So no change for you and a change for the people who were complaining about the GG system. How is that a bad thing?

Because it would change things for those of us who don't want a change: every time we play against someone like you, we'd be forced into your GG system. No thanks!

Firstly, I don't have an issue with not receiving ore if I've given it. I'm suggesting something for the people who aren't happy with the current GG system because they don't want to give ore to someone who won't send it.

Secondly, I doubt there would be much change overall in how much ore you'd get. Probably a slightly higher amount most likely.

Just ran into a BM and emote spammer, no GG for him. And almost every player I lose to ends the game with a thanks. An emote HS get rid off for obvious reasons. Players that use this emotes never get a GG from me. I hope the HS <edit> community does not take Gwent over.

Last edited by a moderator:
...so my opponent forfeited at the very end of round 3, and as sometimes happens with a forfeit, the 'gg' button wasn't there... for me! I did get a 'gg' from my opponent... Anyways, it really pisses me off for two reasons: 1. He probably thinks I just didn't 'gg' him out of choice, and 2. It actually was a good game and I wanted to give him credit! Urgh!
There... Rant over.

I almost always GG, except against those TRULY terrible people who taunt relentlessly ( those special people who think they're the only player with a Dandelion Avatar who plays Nilfgaard deck ). I don't mute players because I still like the friendly banter and even complimenting good moves, because you know...why you heff to be mad? iz just gaem.

kcramthun;n9490831 said:
I almost always GG, except against those TRULY terrible people who taunt relentlessly ( those special people who think they're the only player with a Dandelion Avatar who plays Nilfgaard deck ). I don't mute players because I still like the friendly banter and even complimenting good moves, because you know...why you heff to be mad? iz just gaem.

This exactly. I almost always GG and I also often compliment people during the game. It's just a game afterall and I enjoy every match, so.. yeah.

Changed policy on this. Now if you play NR you don't get a gg. It was never a good game.

I jest of course.

the only time I don't gg is if the other player has spammed the dandelion chat. Mostly telling me I have made a mistake. Etc etc. When they realise I have out played them and they lose they rage quit.

I mean if you are going to talk smack and then lose you should have the decency to see the game through.

Last edited:
Top Bottom