Why Morvudd should betray monsters and join skellige

+

Should Morvudd move to skellige and help out sacrificial vanguard or should he stay with Monsters?

• Total voters
So, if you dont know morvudd is a 6 strenght 8 provision monsters card that on deploy boosts all beast by 1. Here is why this card should be a Skellige card.

1. Why Morvudd doesn't fit with monsters:

Monsters do not have any more than one other card than Morvudd that supports beasts. And the beasts monsters have do not work well together at all. Yet Skellige has a lot that cares about beasts. For example we have: tuirseach bearmaster, corrupted flaminica, kambi, morkvarg and a decent amount of other beasts that you can discard with sacrificial vanguard putting them in your graveyard for the flaminica. its almost enough to make a somewhat competetive deck but its missing one thing, and that is Morvudd!

2. Why Morvudd fits with Skellige:

Giving Morvudd to Skellige would really help sacrificial vanguard, the leader ability that you would want to use with the beast archetype that skellige almost has. sacrificial vanguard must at the moment be the least played and the most underpowered leader ability Skellige has since i have never seen it being used once in either ranked or casual since after crimson curse. I think that the reason sacrificial vanguard is so underpowered is because he hasn't been buffed at all with the power creeping that has going on at the moment. neither have the discard cards that you use with sacrificial vanguard been buffed, they have stayed relatively weak since homecoming and they are in a way getting weaker with every expansion. everything about sacrificial vanguard just screams weak, so weak that its not even fun playing because its so ridiculously hard to win with. its kind of sad because bran beasts used to be one of my favourite decks but beasts have been getting so little love from cdpr.

3. Why all of this makes sense:

You might be thinking: Wait a minute!!! Morvudd is a Monster!! a Fiend! he has nothing to do with skellige! Well.... if you read the flavourtext of the card it should tell you that Morvudd is an unusual specimen found on Ard Skellig, unusally picky in terms of food. so it would make sense for him to return to his fatherland since he is no regular fiend but Morvudd of Skellige!!!

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Even if Morvudd fits better in Skellige, it still won't revitalize the Beast archetype after the nerf to Beastmasters. This means that changing factions would have little impact to none.

I have to agree with 4RM3D, it changing factions would not even be something Beasts would care about.
Morvudd will remain completely unplayable until the MO rework (given that Beasts is just not a strategy MO could do, SK Beasts never worked like that and after the Beastmaster nerf are basically unplayable).

DRK3

Forum veteran
I love Morvudd. I actually did my 100 Woodland wins, not with big monsters that was so popular at the time, but with a beast deck with the cow guy (can never recall his damn name), Phoenix and Morvudd as finisher.

Although i agree beasts in Monsters is a bit all over the place, after the changes to Skellige, beasts is even less viable in SK than in MO right now.

Maybe just give SK its own Beast buffer?

And yes, Bran/ Discard leader ability is so weak. I considered making a fun discard deck with Kambi for this seasonal, but it was so underwhelming i didnt even tried.

Even if Morvudd fits better in Skellige, it still won't revitalize the Beast archetype after the nerf to Beastmasters. This means that changing factions would have little impact to none.
Yes i agree, only moving Morvudd would not be enough, but Morvudd moving, sacrificial vanguard maybe getting buffed and skellige getting more beast stuff would be a really a good thing. I really dont see why not, since Morvudds ability makes little to none sense with monsters. If reviving sacrificial vanguard is too big a hassle at least change Morvudd to something that works with monsters for example thrive, dominance or deathwish.

Last edited:
Top Bottom