Why new game plus doesn't excite me..

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robmo the expansions should not influence the main story so none of the choices in the main game should have any impact on the expansions.

At least thats what we can assume now unless the devs state otherwise.
In a normal game I could understand this design choice. But don't you feel that CD RED would want to make some choices cross? Or intertwine with the regular game. Some people will play this after end game some during the main game.

Not all of the free DLCs appeal to everyone. Some like the alt Yenn appearance, some don't. As such, they choose to use it or not as they prefer.

Some people won't like new game plus. Either they want to start from the beginning again or they don't plan to replay the game or they don't like how it is implemented (more details on this coming soon). We know that not everyone will play with NG+, but it was an extremely popular request, one that the team has worked hard to fulfill. We hope most people will give it a try and they will like it. However, if you don't, no worries. There is still the Expansion Pass materials starting later this year. Hopefully you'll prefer those more. :)

I don't know how to put this nicely but...ignore those people. They'll literally find any reason to complain. CD Projekt Red could decide to send everyone who purchased the game $5 dollars to show appreciation and you'll see threads flooding the forums bitching on why it couldn't have been $6 dollars.

Bring on the NG+. I've been waiting for this for a long time!:smiling2:

I don't know how to put this nicely but...ignore those people. They'll literally find any reason to complain. CD Projekt Red could decide to send everyone who purchased the game $5 dollars to show appreciation and you'll see threads flooding the forums bitching on why it couldn't have been $6 dollars.

This post summarizes the forum. Even thoigh I'm not super duper excited about ng+, it will be cool replaying the game with all the skills and armor and make new choices so you can look the way you want, and maybe even upgraded Kaer Morhen armor

Very selfish thing to say really .... also you seem to have a nack for misreading/twist statements ... its not like we are angry about ng+ or want it gone..... some ppl just dont see it as exciting for very legit reasons .... cpdr might make smth out of it .....or even improve.. so its never wrong to say what you think ... but its always wrong to say smth like (ignore those ppl) ... just saying ....:wisegirl:

I'm going to withhold judgment on whether or not NG+ will ultimately be a good thing until it's actually available. Until then it's just a bunch of speculation about how it may or may not work.

Gee. that feature is something people have been asking since the launch.

This NG+ is something I actually never experienced in a game, but I'm pumped for it. Maybe you could at least be happy for those who were eager for a NG+.

This NG+ is something I actually never experienced in a game, but I'm pumped for it. Maybe you could at least be happy for those who were eager for a NG+.

Welcome to the internet. If it isn't this, people will find something else to complain about.

Heck, I've seen complaints about FREE DLC that we've been given, because they think it should have been part of the original released game. We're talking about FREE STUFF, but people still found something to bitch about.

A lot of folks are complaining about how empty the world feels after the end of the game. I bet even if CDPR addresses this and adds stuff/allows you to intereact with some of your friends, there will still be complaints about how it doesn't add much, or that it should have been in right away, or whatever.

Who says we are not happy ? You seem to make up that story for yourself .... I dont see any ppl running with pitchforks running around , threatening to remove ng+.... the op just stated why he is not as excited.... I for one am happy for every tiny bit added to this game ... also happy for ng+ ... just concerned about difficulty in general.... its not so much about that ng+ feature at all... gameplay should be constantly more difficult throughout the whole game...

Last edited:
I hope they make it harder. As of now there is no in between. Either I'm slaughtering everyone or I get kill in one or two hits. Hopefully everything gets harder or they tweak the difficulty with ng+

Who says we are not happy ? You seem to make up that story for yourself .... I dont see any ppl running with pitchforks running around , threatening to remove ng+.... the op just stated why he is not as excited.... I for one am happy for every tiny bit added to this game ... also happy for ng+ ... just concerned about difficulty in general.... its not so much about that ng+ feature at all... gameplay just could be more difficult in general

I'm guessing you haven't been in the other NG+ thread. The feature has literally been called "stupid", "bullshit", "garbage", "waste of development time", in addition to your regular complaints about how people are disappointed, how clearly DLC was just stuff ripped from the regular game and all sorts of other things.

As for NG+ I for one am excited :smiling2:

Last edited:
I'm guessing you haven't been in the other NG+ thread. The feature has literally been called "stupid", "bullshit", "garbage" in addition to your regular complaints about how people are disappointed, how clearly DLC was just stuff ripped from the regular game and all sorts of other things.

As for NG+ I for one am excited :smiling2:

well i skimmed through that ... but this is not what this thread is about ... so it makes no sense to grab storys from another thread and think its the same here... it seems to me ppl dont even read what the op wrote :D... writing nonesense that doenst belong here

I personally am excited for ng+ mode because it gives me the opportunity to do all the things I missed without losing items I already gathered. Hopefully they tweak the difficulty a bit to make it a challenge, similar to the way dark souls and bloodbourne were done (maybe not quite as hard though).

And I still remember the day I was reading the Forums about the NG+ and TheEvilChris told us that it's not happening. They even asked on twitter, TheEvilChris, you're such a tease XD Anyway, NG+ would be a great mode, plus, my brother wants to play with the NG+ for his 2nd playthrough, as for myself, I may play it with my 3rd, or rather do everything again in my 2nd playthrough since I've stumbled on a bug that I don't want to miss...

With a level cap all enemies could be normalized and then buffed to flatten out the difficulty and put the focus on combat skills and character builds.

Not all of the free DLCs appeal to everyone. Some like the alt Yenn appearance, some don't. As such, they choose to use it or not as they prefer.

Some people won't like new game plus. Either they want to start from the beginning again or they don't plan to replay the game or they don't like how it is implemented (more details on this coming soon). We know that not everyone will play with NG+, but it was an extremely popular request, one that the team has worked hard to fulfill. We hope most people will give it a try and they will like it. However, if you don't, no worries. There is still the Expansion Pass materials starting later this year. Hopefully you'll prefer those more. :)
Well said Chris. I'll admit I'm not too crazy about the alternative costumes but I do appreciate the efforts the dev team has made regarding the DLCs. Honestly at first I thought the final DLC would be just another set of armor but turns it's a pretty major one. Awesome! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom