Why Night City is so Violent

+
VIOLENCE IN NIGHT CITY

A surprising new study reveals the primary cause of violence in Night City is that nobody can put away their weapons.

"Oh yeah, that's a huge issue," said one local mercenary. "I tell someone to be cool and I'm going to put away my gun, but I accidentally pull out another gun, or even a katana. That doesn't look real good, I can tell you. Then I try again and pull out a sniper rifle. They usually just start shooting at that point."

The inability to holster weapons on the first, second, or sometimes even third try, escalates numerous situations to violence, leading to mass crouchings that can affect hundreds.

local-merc-small.jpg

:D
double-pressing "draw weapon" lets you holster it instantly. I have it bound to E...
Even something like double press a key in quick succession can at certain cirumstances fail and you do it to slow, press it to long each time or wait to long in between and fail.
That you have to rebind it to make it idiot-proof says everything.

:D
double-pressing "draw weapon" lets you holster it instantly. I have it bound to E...

That's kind of the point. Double pressing ALT works less than half the time. Instead it treats the input as "cycle weapon" and draws the next weapon in the queue.

I'm curious how you bound the Holster command to E. There's no option to keybind the Holster command in my settings menu.

DC9V

Forum veteran
That's kind of the point. Double pressing ALT works less than half the time. Instead it treats the input as "cycle weapon" and draws the next weapon in the queue.

I'm curious how you bound the Holster command to E. There's no option to keybind the Holster command in my settings menu.
Hm, I always thought that I just misclicked when it happend, or that I didn't time it correctly.
Will do some testing but I'd say that it works more than half the time.

I think there is no dedicated holster-binding. It just changed ALT to E. It might be labeled as "draw/cycle weapon".

iCake

Forum veteran
VIOLENCE IN NIGHT CITY

A surprising new study reveals the primary cause of violence in Night City is that nobody can put away their weapons.

"Oh yeah, that's a huge issue," said one local mercenary. "I tell someone to be cool and I'm going to put away my gun, but I accidentally pull out another gun, or even a katana. That doesn't look real good, I can tell you. Then I try again and pull out a sniper rifle. They usually just start shooting at that point."

The inability to holster weapons on the first, second, or sometimes even third try, escalates numerous situations to violence, leading to mass crouchings that can affect hundreds.

View attachment 11181578

Hahaha, exactly my thoughts! But I've learned to make the double tap work for me like 98% of the time, and the trick here is to double tap "alt" real quick, like almost without any delay.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Hey, I've tested it and for me it's not an issues anymore.
I think it was because ALT is in such a weird spot.
Did you manage to rebind it to another key? It's labeled as "cycle weapon".

Hey, I've tested it and for me it's not an issues anymore.
I think it was because ALT is in such a weird spot.
Did you manage to rebind it to another key? It's labeled as "cycle weapon".

The problem is you have to tap it twice, and if you're not fast enough it doesn't work and if you're too fast it doesn't work and if you don't quite hit it all the way down on one hit it doesn't work. Point is, sometimes it doesn't work.

Having "holster" and "draw/cycle" on the same key and depending on timing to differentiate user intent is less effective than having a separate key for "holster".

Really I'm mostly sore that they don't allow me to remap "holster" to another key. I could fix the problem myself if they'd just let me.

Maybe having to hold down the buttons was a good alternative if they really wanted to use the same input for 2 commands.
Just to put it out there. On console it works a bit more intuitive and better as the key used for it is probably in a better operable location. Compared to ALT on keyboard

Top Bottom