Why no FIRST PERSON VIEW? Not like shooter, but just for viewing purposes maybe.

+
Why no FIRST PERSON VIEW? Not like shooter, but just for viewing purposes maybe.

I mean, the Witcher 3 world is without a doubt a beautiful place, and you know, it's a big place like GTAV, and it's FPS view and that's cool. I'm not saying turn Witcher 3 into Halo or something, but strictly for looking into things in a zoomier manner (not sure that's a word LOL).

You guys think this is patchable? Hopefully, would be a really cool feature IMO.

Historically, these games have not used first person view. One rather good reason is that Geralt's acrobatic combat style is really good at causing sim sickness. By all means, request it; just don't be surprised if you don't get it.

First person in general play would be good, but auto-switching to third person for combat? Sounds cool. :)

Actually, I rather like third person for roaming in Skyrim, switching to first person in combat. But I'd do it the other way round in Witcher games, or just forego first person altogether. The thought of doing half-pirouettes, leaps, flips, and rolls in first person gets me right in the stomach.

Guys... OP was talking about zooming and looking at little details up close (something I'd like to do myself every 15 minutes or so), not fighting in first person. And telling him it wouldn't fit (your opinion) doesn't help anyone at all.

I'd love to see a mod like that, thanks for bringing it up, Gigaheart!

Skyrim combat is quite laughable even on FPS. Also why the hell do you need FPS when your surrounded by mobs. Its quite difficult to battle and blocking in Wtcher 3 seems useless and dodging in a wrong spot could lead my character to death. Skyrim gameplay mechanic works due its battle is quite simple just chug some health potion and your good to go. The only thing i like w/ Skyrim combat mechanic is stealth gameplay with bows. Also implementing FPS in Witcher 3 seems useless due most player would just go on 3rd Person. The same thing with GTA 5, GTA5 FPS is quite atrocious due to its AI to damn accurate forcing me to go on cover making FPS view quite useless. It will be really cool with next gen we could see some Mirror Edge and Dying Light FPS gameplay mechanics.

I agree with you. I never really liked the camera in The Witcher 2, I actually liked the over the shoulder camera from TW 1, it's finally also in TW 3 but only in the interiors. It feels more immersive imo. CD Projekt Red should definitely give us some option to change the camera, just look at GTA V how many camera options is there... when I walk around the village or in the woods I would like to use a camera when Geralt is not so far away from the screen, it also doesn't help in the exteriors when you talk to people and you can't see them very well.

Why show the game like this:
http://static.gog.com/upload/images/2015/03/fcce9ef19c9fb256e98f18364b13f142fdfb7b02.jpg
http://gamerssphere.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/the-witcher-3-novigrad.jpg

when you are actually not able to play it in a view like that? Of course during the combat the camera should zoom out, because the player wouldn't see anything, I think that this works really well in Batman Arkham series.

lol would be fun times if when you rolled the whole screen actually rotated

That would be sick, would add totally a different dynamic. Like Michi said here, GTAV does it right it's a completely, immersive, alternative experience.

Top Bottom