Why people hatin' on Cyberpunk v3.0?

+
Hell, I want CP2020 core book.

Because I fell in love with it, (even more than 2013) and I want the world to have that feeling in video game terms.

So that means, yeah, update tech and timeline AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE and give me as MUCH Core Book 2020 stuff as you can.

Leave everything else for expansions and sequels. Power Armour, (ACPA), Full Body Conversions, upgraded skinweave and body armour, even my beloved API and HEP rounds.

Just Core Book goodness for the first game is fiiiine with me.

Whats going on this thread its getting a bit out of hand quick where is Sardukhar when you need him???

Kind of anti-climatic considering the impression that post left on me :p I thought there was spill over from the inferno that is the Witcher forums right now.

The main problem was that the game looked horrible, the font the layout, the art. It was a very ugly book. The way I would have ran it would be to set it 2X years after the 4th corporate war. The alt cults despite what it looked like in the book at first glance are not the majority. They are a small minority of the population the rest of the population are like they are in cyberpunk. The Alt cults did in fact exist in previous editions, i.e. the cyberpunk street mercs, the nomads, and those who moved on to the floating islands. Just remember that when Rache borked the net he took away the only reliable source of info for America, and for the last 40 years in Cyberpunk's world, most of the population really didn't attend school like we did, it's a post apocalyptic third world nation, and Boswash back east wants to reunite a broken country.

o_O D&D just Hack&Slash. Cyberpunk is true RPG.
Some other people will say (and they are a lot) that Cyberpunk sucks, the background is bland and Shadowrun is the true RPG because everything is already there, blablablablabla.

It's just a matter of taste.
I think Cyberpunk is way better because of the flexibility of it's rules and the way the background is open for you to create your own story in Night City (even outside of it), more than the "fixed in stone" world of Shadowrun, this and because I never understood why you need a gun when you can use magic :/

Some other people will say (and they are a lot) that Cyberpunk sucks, the background is bland and Shadowrun is the true RPG because everything is already there, blablablablabla.

And I will punish them. Oh, yessss.

They may -try- to say that, but I have an inkling it will come out something like this, "Cyberpunk rocks. 2020 rocks. 2077 rocks. They are perfect. There is nothing better anywhere ever. There never has been, there never will be and also Sard, you are by far the most handsome man(?) I've ever seen(?). Ever. R.Tal forever!"

Yeah.

Because I am not fair in, like, any way.

D&D certainly does tend to hack and slash gameplay - the social game is very light, the emphasis on, well, dungeon-crawling is very heavy, but it's still more fun than V3. Barely.

Plus, I like monks. Remo Williams, man!

Actually the most fun I ever had running an RPG was Vampire: Masquerade.
At the start of the first game session I told my players - "90% of all that I tell you will be true. And if you ever figure out what's REALLY going on I've done something wrong."
Very, very little combat (like 3 fights in about 6 months of weekly sessions) ... tons and tons of intrigue and trying to figure out who was behind what and why.

If any of you find your Cyberpunk v3 books so painful that you can't stand to look at them, I'd be happy to take them, just to you know relieve you of the pain. Especially the two supplements that were released.

Allen

Hell, I want CP2020 core book.

Because I fell in love with it, (even more than 2013) and I want the world to have that feeling in video game terms.

So that means, yeah, update tech and timeline AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE and give me as MUCH Core Book 2020 stuff as you can.

Leave everything else for expansions and sequels. Power Armour, (ACPA), Full Body Conversions, upgraded skinweave and body armour, even my beloved API and HEP rounds.

Just Core Book goodness for the first game is fiiiine with me.

I think this is a great idea but lets take it one step farther and add role book ( player guide ) and a style guide in a 3 ring binder this way you can download them and print them out and set them up as you please

add role book ( player guide ) and a style guide in a 3 ring binder this way you can download them and print them out and set them up as you please

Oooh! A style guide! Sort of like an expanded section of the lifestyle and cltohes section in the Chromebooks! Along with how to play and some sample scenarios and responses depending on what "kind" of style you like.

Personally, I don't mind v3 for what it is. However, I was disappointed by what it was not, a full update of real Cyberpunk 2020 to TOTAL FUZION, with al the additions including Complications. the Timeline information, and alt cults are meaningless to me. I just wanted a solid Total FUZION based Cyberpunk game, and some of that was missing. Luckily I do have the BGC books, so I could always port in the Complications rules from those in, but I'm not really sure if that would be "legal", per se.

I Love FUZION. :hai:

It didn't fix anything anyone actually had problems with, and broke all new things...

The majority of CP 2020 felt the same way, which was why Interlock Unlimited was written.

And Sard, it States pretty clearly that ALL the rules in IU are optional, and Initiative even lists different ways of handling it, including the original way. So... am I to assume that this means you think IU is beyond perfect now?

Top Bottom