Why people have a right to criticize CD PROJEKT RED?

+
As a person who does actually read books (same book multiple times), I have all the right in the world to criticise CDPR for killing the game with their endings ans epilogue.

The game falls extremely short on rewarding player agency to begin with but the endings are just the cherry on top in ignoring V.

To add on to it, the ultimate fate of the character is not decided by the player but the writers alone and those fates are justified by lore breaking decisions.

My problem is that the endings are artificially grimdark with even retconing themselves, just to raise an emotional response.

This is far below the writing of CDPR.

To be honest, I see far more people getting jumped for daring to say they like the game than for saying it is trash.

At launch, maybe the fan-brigade was more omnipresent, but now hating CP2077 is the norm and basically a meme.

I don't have a Facebook account, but my partner does I steal from time to time, and hot dang this is on the money. Nvidia put out one of those "What are you playing posts?" and I wrote Cyberpunk and how I can't get enough of it, and the amount of people who piled on and felt the need to let us know I was wrong and how shit it was was amazing.

Thanks random strangers on the internet! (y)

I bought it on day 1. Do you expect reviews on Day 1 to include all features and everything i have to know about the game? No.
I still see news coming out with new problems and new things about this game. This got cancelled there, this is bugged here.
Do you expect people who go to the store and buy the game just by looking at the backside of the game that this game is a buggy mess?
Its the same thing like advertising your game 8 years to be a RPG just to change it in the last 2 months to an action adventure. Do you want me to check every day if the genre of the game changes?
Doesn't matter refund or not. Product should be up to standards at the first place.
Post automatically merged:

As a person who does actually read books (same book multiple times), I have all the right in the world to criticise CDPR for killing the game with their endings ans epilogue.

The game falls extremely short on rewarding player agency to begin with but the endings are just the cherry on top in ignoring V.

To add on to it, the ultimate fate of the character is not decided by the player but the writers alone and those fates are justified by lore breaking decisions.

My problem is that the endings are artificially grimdark with even retconing themselves, just to raise an emotional response.

Feels like they wanted to pull a RDR2 in the story & failed.

I have played Witcher 3 a lot.. really a LOT.. to this day, 2150hours.. but what you think how many hours did i had with unmodded original game? maybe 200 or so... Witcher 3 was excellent game, but it was not perfect.. original design had its flaws, game did not allowed for nonlinear gameplay and practically forced you to do certain path by locking the quests by levels so you couldnt do them out of order.. Overhaul mods changed that, some unleveled the quests allowing for nonlinear gameplay, so you could go wherever you want and do quests as you see fit. And suddenly you could discover that those quests even were written for such gameplay...

Cyberpunk 2077 is conceptually very similar game to Witcher 3. CDPR knows what they need to fix. There are patches coming and at least 2 expansions (maybe more) Then, they release modding tools (as they did with Witcher 3) and community will transform the game into whole another level.. I can a lot of potential in this game, once people who created W3EE or Ghost mode or other overhaul mods gets into work on it...

Right now, i just patiently wait what will come, and just enjoy the story. I dont doubt i will spend more hours in Cyberpunk, than i did in Wicher 3...

Attachments

• image_2021-01-08_160436.png
    image_2021-01-08_160436.png
    243.2 KB · Views: 51
I don't think to "criticize" itself is bad if you look at my posts I have criticized the game and the company both in a time what I don't like a individual not as someone "defending anything" is the way that some member of the community have "overexaggerated" and some have literally said " the whole community is mad"

I don't personally agree with any of the

"entitlement posts"
"not what was promised"
" false advertising"
"multiple features "
"scam thread"

In every single one of the " rants " above I personally believe ( regardless of how relevant someone thinks the "false advertising laws apply in their country) if you fall for hype / pre order or literally buy anytime before the first 3 or 4 days after release before any of the "reactions" come out you only have yourself to blame

If those topic were so important to someone and they would have seen all those things after the launch for example say December 15th and disagreed with what they saw they would have simply not bought the game .

In which case there is nothing above to rant about .

Last gen Console players were able to get blanket refund if they wanted them. If someone didn't like the game or it didn't work for them they could get a refund and move on .

Again you have your refund so no reason to fill the forum with the above types of "criticism"

To prevent this form a happening again I suggest this . This would protect people and company from "themselves" as example above and again none ofthe issue I stated above would have happened.

Also these reposts

Honestly I think a lot of the "rage" is an overaction.

Game overall

I also think people complain about companies having "greed" in general is overused to almost a meme compared to the way the community has acted in general. As you see below in no way do I think this game did not have its flaws but also don't think it deserves the amount of rage it is getting from some people.

8 million presales + player meticritic rating (pc)

User Score
7.1 Mixed or average reviews based on 21233 Ratings

Shows the game was not the "disastrous embarrassment hat will kill CDPR reputation" that some on the forum make it out to be. Personally I would give it a

6.5 myself just average major flaws and disappointments but overall satisfied and feel got my moneys worth . It nothing that will enter the hall of fame but really its not worth all rage It is what it is and honestly just need to move open and wait for the "next big thing" W3 was a remarkable game ( rating of 9 in my books) but I don't think its reasonable to expect that level of success every time when there dev teams are not consistent with the team that made W3 I also think focusing on old technology is one of the reasons that caused this down fall.

Also from my personal observations Although it does happen in north America to a certain extent It seems that in the Non-North America side of the world some people like to champion the "Karen" aspect of "consumer rights" to a absurd extreme and expect everything to turn out to be a 10/10 game. (W3 has a 9.4 user score) when in reality not everything comes out perfect or as planned.

Again with the "hype" and "missing features" rant so what?

If the dev's had not said a thing there would still be a subset of people who would be complaining.
So the game has a 83 /72 metcritic rating instead of 93/94 like W3 that's not a HUGE gap.

Also in my view to quote myself i

"Also from my personal observations Although it does happen in north America to a certain extent It seems that in the Non-North America side of the world some people like to champion the "Karen" aspect of "consumer rights" to a absurd extreme and expect everything to turn out to be a 10/10 game. (W3 has a 9.4 user score) when in reality not everything comes out perfect or as planned."

This nothing to do with "defending" anything.

Its a $60 videogame not the end of the world so its not a 10 I personally gave it 6.5 so it didn't come out as planned I and others that have posted still fun it enjoyable and worth the $60

The people saying "the community got scammed" is not correct in this case as that is a subjective statement

I personally did not get scammed.

as for last gen console rage . You had ample time to get a refund and move on . If you got a refund there should be no console rage .

I got a ps4 game for my PS4 pro. I thought, well this game should run pretty good. After all its made to run on the ps4 and I have the beefier option.

No, I didn't think it would look as good as on a 3080, I thought it would be scaled appropriately.

I've put 70 hours into it, I'm not going to refund it, I want to support them, I want them to patch it.

But what they did was wrong, deceitful and not even in any way necessary.

It runs like crap, it often looks like crap. If they want to put out crap that speaks for itself, any console rage aside. Its shotty work.

Last edited:
Because people are generally unsatisfied with their lives and have to project their dissatisfaction onto others to avoid facing the fact that they are unsatisfied with their lives.

I got a ps4 game for my PS4 pro. I thought, well this game should run pretty good. After all its made to run on the ps4 and I have the beefier option.

No, I didn't think it would look as good as on a 3080, I thought it would be scaled appropriately.

I've put 70 hours into it, I'm not going to refund it, I want to support them, I want them to patch it.

But what they did was wrong, deceitful and not even in any way necessary.

It runs like crap, it often looks like crap. If they want to put out crap that speaks for itself, any console rage aside. Its shotty work, and until proven otherwise it makes them into a shotty studio.
I put more than 100 hours into in on PC. I enjoyed certain story related parts but overall it’s disappointing. I kept playing it to see whether there's a satisfying end to all plots but it didn't happen. Everything feels so superficial.

So I recently went through the majority of endings the other day. I am curious what they retconned and how the endings were grimdark. I can only think of 2 that posses that quality.

So I recently went through the majority of endings the other day. I am curious what they retconned and how the endings were grimdark. I can only think of 2 that posses that quality.

They retconned the Funktion of the biochip.
During act 2, nobody mentioned it changing DNA. It was simply reconstructing the brain using nanobots. Since nanobots exist in the game (spinal cord therapy on the news), it was believable.

Suddenly it changes at the 11th hour. Interestingly, DNA modification is common in the universe of cyberpunk..

During act 2, nobody mentioned it changing DNA. It was simply reconstructing the brain using nanobots. Since nanobots exist in the game (spinal cord therapy on the news), it was believable.

Suddenly it changes at the 11th hour. Interestingly, DNA modification is common in the universe of cyberpunk..
Oh, I see. Gotcha.

Story feels like something that rewritten many times over each other.

To be fair, folks have the right to criticize CDPR, or anything else however they. None of your example "whys" are even needed. Someone's opinion is just that, their opinion and they are welcome to it.

Accusations however should probably be made only if one has the evidence to back them up. Otherwise you are dancing around the
View attachment 11130104
First of all, hat off to all the developers who worked their butts off to make this game that I enjoyed. But I decided to post this because of my recent encounters with other people in social media about Cyberpunk 2077. Cyberpunk is getting criticized by many people for issues & some of them are really unfair. It's normal when something got immensely popular, it's gonna get some unearned hate. However I also realized that whenever I post some criticism about the game in a Facebook group or a forum, I get attacked by passionate fans. They have this attitude of the game being absolutely perfect despite it's clear issues. I think that valid criticism is needed for any company to improve.
Personally, I consider Witcher 3 as the best game I've played. I bought all Witcher games including DLCs. Preordered Cyberpunk day one. I forced all of my friends to buy Witcher 3 & they really enjoyed it. So, I'm not a guy who post clickbait posts just for attention.
Even though I love CDPR for what they did earlier, I can't refrain from criticizing CDPR right now. Vocalizing these concerns will lead to a better future.

These are the reasons why we should criticize both CDPR & Cyberpunk.

1) Why we should criticize CDPR?

*Since 2018, they overhyped the game. I remember them saying that Cyberpunk has the most engaging & detailed open world in any video game. (48 minute demo) In the actual game, open world is nothing like that. It looks good & even impressive in scale. However NPC interactions, physics, police, water effects, AI & random incidents are so bad to the point of a mid 2000s game. At some point of the development they should have known what they are making. Even though I'm a medical student with no idea of game making, I'm pretty sure that you can't implement those in final stages of polishing.
*In the trailers, they showed engaging in side activities with Jackie as it's just another feature but in the game it turned out to be a cutscene.
*How many times CDPR said that the game gonna be absolutely polished at release?
*They didn't show any footage of base consoles & no review codes of consoles.
*Minimum & Recommended System Requirements are not enough to run the game with promised settings.
*Recently people uncovered files that confirm Judy was also supposed to be a male romance option. CDPR's reply to that was a bad lie even more than the "Surprise mechanics" lady. It actually disrespects gamers' intelligence level because those kinda responses make gamers look like idiots that believe anything big corporations say.
* They reduced the game length because most people didn't finish Witcher 3? What kinda test audiences they use? Which Witcher 3 fan screamed to make Cyberpunk a shorter experience?
This feels like an excuse to justify the cut content which would have made the game longer.
* CDPR also getting into mobile gaming business which was never a good thing.
* They also getting into microtransactions business in PC & consoles with Cyberpunk multiplayer.

2) Why we should criticize Cyberpunk 2077?

* Bugs & Glitches. Game never should have released like this. Bringing Fallout New Vegas arguments doesn't change the fact that this game was broken for many people. Also the industry came a long way since New Vegas.
*Significantly shorter than Witcher 3 even though at the time of my preorder they said "Don't expect anything less than Witcher 3's main quests and side quests".
*Gigs, NCPD activities & Rides feel like filler even though they said "No fetch quests". Also the quality of side stuff is significantly less than main quest & secondary quests. Witcher 3's main quests, secondary quests & witcher contracts had similar quality.
* Subpar physics, AI & console performance as mentioned earlier.
*Cut content that is obvious in every corner.
* Game brushes off themes of Cyberpunk only superficially.
*Most of the side stories are in data shards. I read everything in all games that I play. Good reading materials should be supplementary to the story, specially in a 2020 AAA game.
* If you like romance in video games and a heterosexual male, amount of romance options are significantly less than Witcher 3. This is less comparing to other AAA RPGs like Dragon Age, even though those games also respect people who are not heterosexual males. After all, this game is advertised as a game with so many choices.

These are reasons that I think people have a right to criticize CDPR without getting attacked by passionate fans. All of us bought the game with our hard earned money. If you don't agree with me, you are absolutely free to criticize me.

To be fair, folks have the right to criticize CDPR, or anything else, however they like. None of your example "whys" are even needed. I see a criticism as someone's opinion, and they are welcome to it.

Accusations on the other hand are a different story and I feel that those should only be made if one has the evidence to back them up.

I think you answered yourself. You have every right to talk about the things you do and do not like about anything but you also must be able to deal with people criticizing you as well from both the positive and negative angles.

One word folks, Investors. Those people can care less whether or not 'we' get a quality game. 7 years is a long time to develop this game but I only first heard of it two years ago. Stop blaming CDPR. Unless you have worked for a large corporation, you will not understand why all this transpired. I know they are just a developer team small by comparison however they are under the jack boot of the investors.

I was an Engineer at Boeing before I had to give my job to a Russian because of Covid-19. Yeah, I'm still working that one out too in my head. None the less the investors will always push out a product done or not to make a quick buck. Think of Ebenezer Scrooge. They are all exactly like him. I know, I have met some. 737-MAX is a great example of what happened here. You have all seen and heard what has happened.

One word folks, Investors. Those people can care less whether or not 'we' get a quality game. 7 years is a long time to develop this game but I only first heard of it two years ago. Stop blaming CDPR. Unless you have worked for a large corporation, you will not understand why all this transpired. I know they are just a developer team small by comparison however they are under the jack boot of the investors.

I was an Engineer at Boeing before I had to give my job to a Russian because of Covid-19. Yeah, I'm still working that one out too in my head. None the less the investors will always push out a product done or not to make a quick buck. Think of Ebenezer Scrooge. They are all exactly like him. I know, I have met some. 737-MAX is a great example of what happened here. You have all seen and heard what has happened.
Maybe criticism can help investors understand that if the game is good & polished, it’s gonna sell well.

Also hope you are doing okay with your job. Take care.

Because they're bought their product? I like the game, I just think it could have been way better.. I don't see what's wrong with people speaking out about it.

Top Bottom