Why should we lose an Hour of playing Cyberpunk 2077 in the USA!!??

+

Should we stop Day Light saving time?

• Hell Yes! We do not need it anymore.

• Of course not silly, it is a necessary evil.

• YAAAAWWWNnnnn... uh sorry I am too sleepy to get what you are on about.

• What is Day Light saving time?

Results are only viewable after voting.
So funny, one of the first times the basic idea of Day Light saving (not actual DST but the basic idea none the less) was kicked around was as a joke Benjamin Franklin made. His letter about this was meant to be a satire, rather than actually suggesting these changes be made:

"Benjamin Franklin published the proverb "early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise", and published a letter in the Journal de Paris during his time as an American envoy to France (1776–1785) suggesting that Parisians economize on candles by rising earlier to use morning sunlight. This 1784 satire proposed taxing window shutters, rationing candles, and waking the public by ringing church bells and firing cannons at sunrise. "

There are studies to show there is danger connected to this silly practice as well due to accidents and stress on health.

"DST disrupts human circadian rhythms (negatively impacting human health in the process), that it increases fatal traffic collisions, that the actual energy savings are inconclusive, and that DST increases health risks such as heart attack. Year-round standard time (not year-round DST) is proposed to be the preferred option for public health and safety. Clock shifts were found to increase the risk of heart attack by 10 percent, and to disrupt sleep and reduce its efficiency. Effects on seasonal adaptation of the circadian rhythm can be severe and last for weeks. "

Personally I freaking hate it. We here in the US do and design a lot of clever things but this is not one of them.

yea...you lose a hour early in the year and get it back later in the year, like how we have 1 extra day every 4 years in Feb so we don't have to do the count down around 6am or ish.

BUT, I love the idea to have a stable clock, so do your magic. I don't want to change my clock 2 times every year.

Wasn't the concept created to increase productivity during one of the world wars? Or is that like Columbus sailed the ocean blue and "discovered" the Americas even though people were already there?

Why do Airliners commonly adjust flightpaths toward the poles? Any flat earthers in here? :)

Its a stupid concept that shouldn't exist. Whoever thinks that waking up at 5 am makes you a better person is so wrong I can't even...
Everybody's day cycle is different.
I work best if I wake up naturally at 8am. Some people need to wake up later and work best in the evenings.

Why do early birds people dictate the pace? Why not people that like working late?

US lawmakers voted on but did not pass an amendment to the DST to allow states to skip doing it this year because of the pandemic.

Some of the smart people are:
Hawaii and Arizona do not observe daylight saving time, nor do American Samoa, Guam, the Minor Outlying Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. They stop doing the DTS silliness a long time ago. And they do not receive any punishment for the non compliance.

You'll get an extra hour on October and by then the game will have been patched. So win win really

It's actually more of a loss of flight time for me in MSFS 2020. I cleared out CP2077 to make room for the European scenery updates. UK last month, France and Benelux next month. Yeah!

Daylight savings is a curse. It's great when you get to sleep extra in the fall, but it comes back to bite you in the rear in March. It's worse for students who have midterms around the time we "spring forward," as they've already lost sleep.

The United States certainly did not invent the concept of daylight savings, it was conceived by a British New Zealander and first used on a mass scale in Germany.

In any case it seems rather pointless in the modern era and I couldn't really care less either way, though it is funny to see people think they're late for work/accidentally be late for work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom