Why some unit Weather Immune for free?

+
Why some unit Weather Immune for free?

Seriously, I don't understand. Why Wild hunt units, some Skellige units have immune to weather for free. It's because of the lore? , you can't make this balance game. Like Ice giant, giving it frost immune isn't strong enough, its gain +7strength when affected by it?.

Why can't you make Imlerith ability to give your wild hunt units/or row immune to frost, or make potion that give units immune to weather, instead of giving it for free?.

This weather immune treatment to some unit are not fair.
For unit like foglet and water hag, I completely understand. But for other immune units, they're just a power creep.

Weather counters are coming.

I would love to see some preventative counters like a card that weather proofs all rows, and some reactive counters that restores buffs to cards.

Exentryk;n6893330 said:
Weather counters are coming. I would love to see some preventative counters like a card that weather proofs all rows, and some reactive counters that restores buffs to cards.
It's not about weather, but weather immune unit. I'm fine if they got immune because of certain card(like you mentions), but not if they have it for free like Wild Hunt rider.

Skellige people are a lot on the high see and it makes sense that pirates and ships have no issue with weather. But more or less every unit is weather proof for a reason.

Take away that from Skellige and that game is even more unbalanced than it is right now.

culween;n6893370 said:
It's not about weather, but weather immune unit. I'm fine if they got immune because of certain card(like you mentions), but not if they have it for free like Wild Hunt rider.

Weather immunity is Monster decks speciality. Like NR has gold, SCO has traps, and Skellige has graveyard res and original strength buffs.

Weather immunity is not "free", these units in general have lower stats in return, highest non weather bronze cards are 8 strength, highest weather immune is 7(skellige ship) rest are lower

Exentryk;n6893430 said:
Weather immunity is Monster decks speciality. Like NR has gold, SCO has traps, and Skellige has graveyard res and original strength buffs.
So that's why we don't see a lot of other deck archetype for each faction.

--- Updated 06-11-16, 09:43 ---

devivre;n6893410 said:
Skellige people are a lot on the high see and it makes sense that pirates and ships have no issue with weather. But more or less every unit is weather proof for a reason. Take away that from Skellige and that game is even more unbalanced than it is right now.

So they just give a unit overpowered ability, just because they want stay true to the lore?

"Take away that from Skellige and Monster and this game will be even more balance."

kuosi;n6893500 said:
Weather immunity is not "free", these units in general have lower stats in return, highest non weather bronze cards are 8 strength, highest weather immune is 7(skellige ship) rest are lower

Are you serious? (Skellige ship) can grow to 9 strength in the 3 round.

Last edited:
culween;n6893310 said:
Seriously, I don't understand. Why Wild hunt units, some Skellige units have immune to weather for free. It's because of the lore? , you can't make this balance game. Like Ice giant, giving it frost immune isn't strong enough, its gain +7strength when affected by it?.

Why can't you make Imlerith ability to give your wild hunt units/or row immune to frost, or make potion that give units immune to weather, instead of giving it for free?.

This weather immune treatment to some unit are not fair.
For unit like foglet and water hag, I completely understand. But for other immune units, they're just a power creep.

They aren't for free. There's many factors at play that determine the numbers, we don't just set arbitrary values.

Also in the future there will be special cards or units that grants immunity to weather also.

Are you serious? (Skellige ship) can grow to 9 strength in the 3 round.
Well that's just the skellige Feat, base strength is still 7, non weather immune bronze would be 11 in round 3

Rethas;n6893910 said:
They aren't for free. There's many factors at play that determine the numbers, we don't just set arbitrary values. Also in the future there will be special cards or units that grants immunity to weather also.
Maybe you guys underestimate the ability of immunity to weather. The value is almost good as Half Gold unit. Weather effects should hurt both side to make balance game, not only one side.

--- Updated 06-11-16, 10:56 ---

kuosi;n6894010 said:
Well that's just the skellige Feat, base strength is still 7, non weather immune bronze would be 11 in round 3
Don't tell me a card that don't exist yet.

Last edited:
Rethas;n6893910 said:
Also in the future there will be special cards or units that grants immunity to weather also.

Good stuff! Is this planned for the next patch update, or further down the line?

another argument why playing vs random faction sucks. factions should be always picked before the deck.

makor86;n6897680 said:
another argument why playing vs random faction sucks. factions should be always picked before the deck.

makor86;n6897680 said:

Yeah but if you do that there will be always one player who will have to choose first and thus the other would play with advantage, no?

ManuW3;n6897840 said:
Yeah but if you do that there will be always one player who will have to choose first and thus the other would play with advantage, no?

Lol? Ofc not. Both players pick their faction on the start, while searching for an enemy. Then when the enemy is found both players know what faction they face and have like 10s to pick their deck. That way they can prepare their decks for each faction so less randomness which means less frustration and more fun.

There could other mode random vs random for masochists and gamblers ;)

kuosi;n6893500 said:

+1 . This doesn't need a nerf at all. It's an interesting mechanic and I think it works very well. There are still plenty of things that can wipe out low power hoards (like manticore venom, lacerate, and epidemic). The only thing about weather that needs changing is that it can be applied again while it's already in effect. but the cards that are immune are actually a really nice mechanic.

culween;n6894160 said:
Maybe you guys underestimate the ability of immunity to weather. The value is almost good as Half Gold unit. Weather effects should hurt both side to make balance game, not only one side.

--- Updated 06-11-16, 10:56 ---

Don't tell me a card that don't exist yet.

We don't, we're fully aware of how the game balance works. And a large function of the closed beta is to test game balance.

You're feedback is coming off very much as "I'm right! you're wrong!". Would prefer to have a discussion rather than be dictated to :)

Last edited:
OP, instead of responding "Maybe you guys underestimate the ability of immunity to weather, "Are you serious?", and "So they just give a unit overpowered ability, just because they want stay true to the lore?", I would suggest you take a step back and try to listen to what other people are saying. Obviously a lot of other players don't feel the same way as you about this, and I think it would be worth considering why that is.

aholeel;n6898370 said:
I would suggest you take a step back and try to listen to what other people are saying. Obviously a lot of other players don't feel the same way as you about this, and I think it would be worth considering why that is.
And most guy complaining monster weather deck is strong.

--- Updated 06-11-16, 20:31 ---

Rethas;n6898340 said:
We don't, we're fully aware of how the game balance works. And a large function of the closed beta is to test game balance. You're feedback is coming off very much as "I'm right! you're wrong!". Would prefer to have a discussion rather than be dictated to
My point is all this weather deck will hold off other archetypes, not for other factions but for monster too, yeah I know you guys are planning to make counter weather card, but that's just like in Hs, someone put Big Game Hunter in their deck because Doctor Boom was around. Instead of putting interesting card in your deck, you'll be force to put tech card in each your deck because monster weather deck is around.

Why not giving it fair, all non-unit for each faction got affected by weather, and give monster another archetype instead of immune to weather.

Weather is Neutral card, so it should give fair treatment to all faction.

Last edited:
makor86;n6898050 said:
Lol? Ofc not. Both players pick their faction on the start, while searching for an enemy. Then when the enemy is found both players know what faction they face and have like 10s to pick their deck. That way they can prepare their decks for each faction so less randomness which means less frustration and more fun.

makor86;n6898050 said:

LOL so what happens if in those 10 seconds both players change factions?

Clear skies exists for a reason. The deck you have has advantages other decks don't have too.

Top Bottom