Why the Japanese obsession in Ciri journey?

+
Guys, do you know why there is so much content influenced by Japanese culture in Ciri's journey? Especially in the extended journey all rewards are like that: katana, kimono, Japanese fox mask and tail...

As much as I like Japanese culture, I think it has nothing to do with Ciri in the books or the game. As I recall, she never had an adventure that was even remotely related to this theme.

Curious to hear your thoughts, and maybe you've heard something from CDPR about it?

I also find that somewhat off putting, considering japanese culture isnt even a thing in the witcher. I'm overall happy with the journey but the japanese stuff and also the new effects I dont really like that much. I would have prefered Ciris alternate outfit from TW3WH by a long shot.
ab018c8e9c242102721ca58184017f6d.jpg

Because katana can cut time and space.

Witcher fanbase + "Japaneese" culture/katana/ninja freaks = more money

The design in yellow is based on the figure that they sold some time ago.
Everything else is simply because their target market is Asian, that also explains the auras that are ridiculous and completely out of context in the Witcher universe, at the same time they are something very common in Asian games, let's just hope they don't add wings to the Next time. :beer:

Top Bottom